Comments
361 - 380 of 914 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 23
Anonymus

Grove City, OH

#373 Feb 7, 2013
Anonymus wrote:
A member of theirs threatened me
BTW I do NOT think this place is a cult. It's actually very nice and has very nice people. I'm just worried about my well being.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#374 Feb 10, 2013
My daughter was brainwashed by Xenos when she was a high school student, against the consent of her parents. She underwent a personality change, was trapped into a Xenos-encouraged marriage, and has never been the same since. She was completely turned against her family. Nothing can make this better, and I am not the only one with this story. Nothing anyone here can say, including the multiple Xenos apologists, can change this or make it better. And Xenos gets a tax-exemption while they are brainwashing other people's children. While they are exploiting the poor, the uneducated, and the emotionally needy--- for profit.
Anonymus

Grove City, OH

#375 Feb 10, 2013
Oh darn, Scott turned off his notifications for this thread. Well Scott if you're reading this, I just want you to know I explained my situation to you on a Facebook message, however it is in your "other" message inbox section. I don't think bad of you guys at all, you're all awesome. I just don't have another way to communicate with you except on this. I would appreciate a response or direction to another person I should contact.

Thank you and God bless.
Megan

Columbus, OH

#376 Feb 22, 2013
You guys are getting all the info from your kids or family members why don't you try to go for yourself for once
Ted

Columbus, OH

#377 Feb 26, 2013
Anyone who says Xenos is a cult is usually one who left the church because they would rather live for sin and not for God.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#378 Feb 26, 2013
Ted wrote:
Anyone who says Xenos is a cult is usually one who left the church because they would rather live for sin and not for God.
See, that's the kind of talk that makes people suspicious of you.

Christianity is comprised of many denominations and many individual churches.

Declaring yourself to be the one and only--and anyone who leaves your individual church is forsaking God to live in sin--is exemplary of cultish thinking and behavior.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#379 Feb 26, 2013
reality wrote:
Yea, my sister and a few of her friends were heavily recruited to be involved with Xenos and luckily all were smart enough to not be brainwashed and believe the BS they were pitching . It is a cult like group who has extremely skewed views on reality and the true goings on in the world.
Give me one example of how Xenos has a "skewed view on reality and the true goings on in the world"
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#380 Feb 26, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's true. To the Catholic church, Jews are no better or worse than Islam. The church neither loves nor hates either - they both coexist. If anything the church is lukewarm toward the Jews. "Conservative" should ask his priest brother, as an intellectual exercise, if my views here ring true from a church perspective.
Protestant talibangelicals and Republicans with the warmonger pro-military, jingoist mindset are generally the ones fixated on Israel.
In other words, Conservative Catholics' love for Israel has nothign to do with the religion. It has everything to do with patriotism and Republican politics.
I am a Catholic first and an American second.
Catholics must have a skewed picture of the Bible...
Pam

Plain City, OH

#381 Feb 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me one example of how Xenos has a "skewed view on reality and the true goings on in the world"
Read Emily Fravel from Canal Winchester's posts, she has first hand experience with Xenos / Scott Risley and seems to be a reliable source of what goes on in Xenos.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#382 Feb 26, 2013
Lisa wrote:
I actually beg to differ. I can remember multiple and consistent conversations criticizing other churches and that Xenos was the best - Vineyard was a favorite to bash. I also distinctly recall conversations that were anti Catholic. In one situation, one of the church member converted to Catholicism. There was quite a but if praying for this person to stop listening to the devils lies and that Catholism was a lie he was beleiving and to come back to the evangelical Xenos. In fact, I recall discussions where Catholics were mentioned as not even being Christian or saved. Maybe your experience has been different. But I found there to be quite an attitude about Xenos being the best and that other churches and Chrsitian sects were not. As for the summer institute, yes, it's nice that Xenos invites other churches. But if they disagree with one, it's spread pretty quickly that Xenos doesn't agree but how great we are an open minded for including then. i am not sure what other denominations Xenos works with. I recall very few in my time there and I was there for years. Worked with Baptists when I was on a mission trip, which was great. But there was a lot of disrespect going on. Xenos does do good things, don't get me wrong. But I'm tired to death that it's suggested they do nothing wrong and are above reproach.
I have a friend that attends both a Xenos homechurch AND St. Brendan's (a Catholic Church in Hilliard). There has been no conflict whatsoever.
mel

Baldwin, NY

#383 Feb 26, 2013
Just because its not your typical church with a huge building and click talking Pastor does not mean that its a cult

Since: Jul 10

United States

#384 Mar 1, 2013
mel wrote:
Just because its not your typical church with a huge building and click talking Pastor does not mean that its a cult
When yur told what to do & follow this/their WAY& then U will be forever brainwashed into the warped minds of the land of QuirKs of weakminded do as i say & read the book of words & off U go too "their" idea of heaven as long as U believe?!?! I DONT think SO!!
ie..
U can knock of a family of 6 & be saved & JESUS will forgive U & yur up there in heaven when U die no matter what as long as youre a believer well im a believer that youre all full of sht &!Im NoT gonna be up there chillN W/Jeffrey Dahmer b/c HE was "SAVED" before HE got the broomstick up his ??! & killed in prison & got what i believe shoulda been done ASAP
.. BuT as far being A NoT your own thinking follower your doomed & too Make MY points these quacks speak for GOD & its A CULT so deal W/iT!!
OR leave or never join & i say the latter!
U are judged graded almost, THEY know yur business.. Its clicky..
& GOD wouldnt approve..
AMEN!
Curtis

Ann Arbor, MI

#385 Mar 2, 2013
HEY! Guess what? You're right, well technically, a religion is considered a cult until it is 100 years old, Xenos is not that old yet.
Curtis

Ann Arbor, MI

#386 Mar 2, 2013
*oops mistake, it should be "HEY! Guess what? You're right, well technically you're right, because a religion is considered a cult until it is 100 years old, Xenos is not that old."

Since: Jul 10

United States

#387 Mar 3, 2013
Ted wrote:
Good one!! EXcuse that is
Try again.. left b/c thats the best part!
BuT dont join then U dont have to worry about EXiTING!
kim

Pickerington, OH

#388 Mar 12, 2013
Emily Fravel wrote:
Xenos most surely exhibits cult-like behavior and while you may not hear such things in a teaching, you can expect to hear a hatred of other faiths, though the biggie is Catholicism.
They do in fact recruit and segregate. They seek to control college aged students especially through their dating relationships. This "Kim" can try to deny it, but I've experienced it myself.
To "Concerned Parent" you are right to be concerned. Knowing What IS know about Xenos, They are already teaching your daughter how to debate your objections. Forbidding her is likely to push her further in. I would ask her to be very careful and to pay VERY close attention to how They talk about anyone who leaves. The Xenos way is to talk about how sinful that person was. There is gossip and rumors when someone leaves. They like to say that someone has walked away from God.
Dennis McCallum is only about two cars short of the crazy train. If you look it up more, you will see that he always places the blame on those who have spoken out against Xenos. You will not find a single instance of him apolgizing for pain experienced at Xenos.
Feel free "Concerned Parent" to contact me via facebook if you'd like to discuss this more. Mine is the profile with two little boys. I'm not afraid of fallout.
...you have clearly thought you've experienced it yourself but honestly... I think you're just mad about something else and is twisting it around on them. I know Dennis and he would do no such thing.:]they don't talk about how walking away from Xenos itself is "sinfull", unless they walk away from ANY type of community and choose to live some other unhealthy life-style (i.e sex before marriage, homosexual etc...). They simply say it is healthy to be in good christian community, as in, have good christian friends to be around. Don't take what I just said out of context, when I say "community". Seriously... When I say community, I mean close friends, like bible study, home church... It's about getting to know Jesus... and having Christian friends to support one another and help walk with the Lord. If they wanna leave Xenos and go to a baptist church, SO BE IT!! No one would call them "sinners" for it. Same with Methodist, Lutheran etc...
as long as they havbe Jesus Christ as their savior!
kim

Pickerington, OH

#389 Mar 12, 2013
Btw no one hates Catholisism. Some of them may not agree wth their Theology but, I asked the Elder, Gary, the one who started Xenos with Dennis if they're saved, and he said...YES!!! OF COURSE!! So, no, we don't hate Catholics... if anything Catholics have an issue with us for the way that we know the Bible and OUR theology! I've heard more Catholics bash us than I've EVER heard Dennis or Gary bash them... They do no such thing! Disagreeing with the theology does NOT equal hatred! GEt your facts straight! Seriously, one woman from my old home church went from Catholic to us, and her family is beyond insulting to her! But do we judge them? NOOO... sure they are saved! Again...GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST!
kim

Pickerington, OH

#390 Mar 12, 2013
NJNJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!! EXcuse that is
Try again.. left b/c thats the best part!
BuT dont join then U dont have to worry about EXiTING!
depends on what they left for? If they go to another church thats fine, Xenos has no issue there. If they leave and stop walking and start living in obvious sin, you know, what the bible says is wrong? well then... yeah... that to us would be an issue (i.e living with someone before marriage and having sex outside of marriage)
Anonymous

Dublin, OH

#391 Mar 12, 2013
kim wrote:
<quoted text>
depends on what they left for? If they go to another church thats fine, Xenos has no issue there. If they leave and stop walking and start living in obvious sin, you know, what the bible says is wrong? well then... yeah... that to us would be an issue (i.e living with someone before marriage and having sex outside of marriage)
Having been there, I swear that place is positively obsessed with sex - and I find it bizarre. It was like THE worst thing that could happen to someone (unless, of course, they both walked exactly the same walk faith-wise and were married and were both virgins upon that one marriage), or so it seemed to me. I find it sad that you would take issue with a couple you may have been friendly with who chose to live together - it's their afterlife, not yours, and they are entitled to believe as they will. A fan of shunning, are you?
jrock

Columbus, OH

#392 Mar 13, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been there, I swear that place is positively obsessed with sex - and I find it bizarre. It was like THE worst thing that could happen to someone (unless, of course, they both walked exactly the same walk faith-wise and were married and were both virgins upon that one marriage), or so it seemed to me. I find it sad that you would take issue with a couple you may have been friendly with who chose to live together - it's their afterlife, not yours, and they are entitled to believe as they will. A fan of shunning, are you?
Yeah, God has some funny rules, doesn't he? Far be it from anyone to actually speak what is in God's rule book. I mean, God didn't really expect us to follow His rules, right? I mean, shacking up is really not that large of a sin compared to other sins. Can't God cut us some slack now and then?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist 29 min BizzyBee 1
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 29 min FFS YES 9
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr grow up 2,289
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 103
welfare nation 1 hr Duke for Mayor 9
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 2 hr d pantz 263
RIP Joan Rivers 2 hr BizzyBee 16
•••
•••
•••