Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT!

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 52
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Beckley, WV

#1 Jul 20, 2012
My daughter began attending Xenos Christian Fellowship in Columbus Ohio after one of her friends at school invited her. The church service was called a 'Central Teaching', & at this meeting the members taught my daughter that Jewish people are sinners & that the holocaust did not take place! I am extremely disgusted with what this so called Christian church is teaching to young people under the guise of being a bible centered church. I am seeking legal counsel to find out what legal recourse I have. Have any of you had anything like this occur? Please post if you know anything about this church.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 20, 2012
Concerned Parent wrote:
The church service was called a 'Central Teaching', & at this meeting the members taught my daughter that Jewish people are sinners & that the holocaust did not take place!.
I have trouble believing that. Evangelicals and Protestants looooove Israel and Xenos is an offshoot of both. Some call it a cult, I just think it's stupid to go to a "church" that entertains you like you're at a Blue Jackets game.

But at the end of the day, any Christian faith is better than no faith at all.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 20, 2012
You might want to google around a bit. You are not the first to accuse them of cult-like behavior (separating newcomers from friends and family, initiation through layers involvement, etc). If your daughter is legally of age, your options may be limited. Check around into some sites that deal with the stories of former cult members.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 20, 2012
They started in the campus area at least going back to the 70s. They had a reputation back then for being really creepy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Pr Jonah wrote:
They started in the campus area at least going back to the 70s. They had a reputation back then for being really creepy.
Look who's talking.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

Dublin, OH

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I have trouble believing that. Evangelicals and Protestants looooove Israel and Xenos is an offshoot of both. Some call it a cult, I just think it's stupid to go to a "church" that entertains you like you're at a Blue Jackets game.
But at the end of the day, any Christian faith is better than no faith at all.
http://www.xenos.org/essays/melchizedek-and-p...
reality

United States

#8 Jul 21, 2012
Yea, my sister and a few of her friends were heavily recruited to be involved with Xenos and luckily all were smart enough to not be brainwashed and believe the BS they were pitching . It is a cult like group who has extremely skewed views on reality and the true goings on in the world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jul 12

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 25, 2012
Concerned Parent wrote:
My daughter began attending Xenos Christian Fellowship in Columbus Ohio after one of her friends at school invited her. The church service was called a 'Central Teaching', & at this meeting the members taught my daughter that Jewish people are sinners & that the holocaust did not take place! I am extremely disgusted with what this so called Christian church is teaching to young people under the guise of being a bible centered church. I am seeking legal counsel to find out what legal recourse I have. Have any of you had anything like this occur? Please post if you know anything about this church.
There is no legal recourse. What is your harm? Don't allow your daughter to go there again.
kim

Pickerington, OH

#12 Jul 28, 2012
Ive been going to Xenos since 2003. Now either you or your daughter are liars. Xenos have never ever done something like this. We believe Jesus Christ was, infact JEWISH and JEWISH people deserve all the most up-right respect as any other HUMAN BEING on this world and YES the holocaust was very REAL and tragic! now stop trying to destroy the church with your lies!
-Kim a Xenos CHRISTIAN fellwship goer!
Concerned Parent wrote:

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
kim

Pickerington, OH

#13 Jul 28, 2012
Uhm. You have obviously never been there. First off, Xenos is the furthest thing from a Cult because they follow the teachings of Jesus Christ from the bible itself. Cult= following a living person (i.e Jim Jones, Manson etc.) and worshiping them as God. Xenos doesnt do that! They're the furthest thing from that! Ive been going there since 2003!
reality wrote:
Yea, my sister and a few of her friends were heavily recruited to be involved with Xenos and luckily all were smart enough to not be brainwashed and believe the BS they were pitching . It is a cult like group who has extremely skewed views on reality and the true goings on in the world.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 28, 2012
kim wrote:
Ive been going to Xenos since 2003. Now either you or your daughter are liars. Xenos have never ever done something like this. We believe Jesus Christ was, infact JEWISH and JEWISH people deserve all the most up-right respect as any other HUMAN BEING on this world and YES the holocaust was very REAL and tragic! now stop trying to destroy the church with your lies!
-Kim a Xenos CHRISTIAN fellwship goer!
<quoted text>
I told you all. Protestant talibangelicals loooooooove Israel. If you are Catholic and in sync with the cultural mindset, you are not going to be so in love with them. Your loyalty is with our Catholic brothers and sisters in the holy lands, protectors of the holy sites, who consider the Palestinians the righteous ones.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 28, 2012
kim wrote:
Uhm. You have obviously never been there. First off, Xenos is the furthest thing from a Cult because they follow the teachings of Jesus Christ from the bible itself. Cult= following a living person (i.e Jim Jones, Manson etc.) and worshiping them as God. Xenos doesnt do that! They're the furthest thing from that! Ive been going there since 2003!
<quoted text>
kim, that's a fairly simplistic defintion.

I don't know if Xenos is a cult or not--only that there have been various allegations of cult-like behavior (cell organization, recruiting from young people away from home for the first time, "love bombing," urging separation from family and friends "outside") over time.

I don't know that there are absolutes when it comes to cultic behavior, more of a sliding scale of indicators. Frequently there are persons who later report that the did things on the inside that only made sense within the context of the cultic group.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 28, 2012
To the people voting negatively on post 14:

http://goo.gl/0UlYS

==========

No such thing as justice in the Holy Land, Palestinian Church leaders tell the Irish
by STUART LITTLEWOOD on 12/16/2010

By Stuart Littlewood

"We need only one thing, to be protected by the world against the crimes of &#8232;Israel"

Archbishop Theodosius Hanna (Greek Orthodox Church), Monsignor Manuel Musallam (Latin Catholic) and Mr Constantine Dabbagh (Executive Director of the Middle East Council of Churches) are courageous human rights defenders and spiritual leaders from Palestine. They have just completed a tour of Ireland to raise awareness of the situation in their homeland under Israeli military occupation and the plight of the dwindling Christian community there.

"We need only one thing, to be protected by the world against the crimes of Israel," was their central message.

The week-long visit was arranged by SADAKA, the Ireland Palestine Alliance, and part funded by Trócaire, the overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, and Christian Aid.

After delivering a special Christmas greeting from the Holy Land to the president and the people of Ireland, the Palestinian church leaders were able to establish a mutual understanding with President Mary McAleese that peace is more than an absence of violence – "the only lasting peace is a just peace".

During their visit the churchmen described the Israeli occupation as the "crucifixion of the nation of Palestine", and made a plea to all of Ireland's leaders to "act and intervene, or nothing will change".

They met with other Irish government ministers and the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Foreign Affairs, whom they briefed on the reality of life in the Holy Land, where the Israeli occupation denies even freedom of religion. A transcript of the meeting can be found at here.

Archbishop Hanna began by reminding the committee:

Palestine is the place from where Christianity comes. Jerusalem, Bethlehem and the Holy Land in general are very important for Christians... Everything that has happened to the Palestinians between 1948 and today has happened to all Palestinians, including Christian Palestinians.

What we are after is freedom and dignity just as freedom and dignity have been bestowed on so many nations in the world. We want that too. When we speak about peace, we also speak about justice because it is impossible to have peace without justice. Peace is part of justice. Unfortunately, in the Holy Land there is no such thing as justice.

He explained that in Gaza 1.5 million live in an open air prison. "Christian or Muslim, we all are Palestinians and we all experience the same."

He said Jerusalem also was under siege. A Canadian could visit the city but Monsignor Musallam, who lives 20 minutes away in Birzeit, cannot. "What happens to him happens to all Palestinians in the West Bank. I was very happy to see Mr Dabbagh [who lives in Gaza] over here because I cannot see him in Palestine. I had to come to Ireland to see him."

The archbishop spoke briefly about the Kairos Palestine Document, the Christian Palestinians' message to the world requesting the international community to stand by the Palestinian people who have faced oppression, displacement and apartheid for more than six decades. The suffering continues while the international community silently looks on. It asks Christians all over the world to stand against injustice and apartheid and to work for a just peace in the Holy Land.

Continued at link above ...
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 28, 2012

Location hidden

#18 Jul 28, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
==========
You think it might have been due to leading off talking about Protestant talibangelicals?
Eziekiel Yutzy

Plain City, OH

#19 Jul 28, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
==========
No such thing as justice in the Holy Land, Palestinian Church leaders tell the Irish
by STUART LITTLEWOOD on 12/16/2010
By Stuart Littlewood
"We need only one thing, to be protected by the world against the crimes of &#8232;Israel"
Archbishop Theodosius Hanna (Greek Orthodox Church), Monsignor Manuel Musallam (Latin Catholic) and Mr Constantine Dabbagh (Executive Director of the Middle East Council of Churches) are courageous human rights defenders and spiritual leaders from Palestine. They have just completed a tour of Ireland to raise awareness of the situation in their homeland under Israeli military occupation and the plight of the dwindling Christian community there.
"We need only one thing, to be protected by the world against the crimes of Israel," was their central message.
The week-long visit was arranged by SADAKA, the Ireland Palestine Alliance, and part funded by Trócaire, the overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland, and Christian Aid.
After delivering a special Christmas greeting from the Holy Land to the president and the people of Ireland, the Palestinian church leaders were able to establish a mutual understanding with President Mary McAleese that peace is more than an absence of violence – "the only lasting peace is a just peace".
During their visit the churchmen described the Israeli occupation as the "crucifixion of the nation of Palestine", and made a plea to all of Ireland's leaders to "act and intervene, or nothing will change".
They met with other Irish government ministers and the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Foreign Affairs, whom they briefed on the reality of life in the Holy Land, where the Israeli occupation denies even freedom of religion. A transcript of the meeting can be found at here.
Archbishop Hanna began by reminding the committee:
Palestine is the place from where Christianity comes. Jerusalem, Bethlehem and the Holy Land in general are very important for Christians... Everything that has happened to the Palestinians between 1948 and today has happened to all Palestinians, including Christian Palestinians.
What we are after is freedom and dignity just as freedom and dignity have been bestowed on so many nations in the world. We want that too. When we speak about peace, we also speak about justice because it is impossible to have peace without justice. Peace is part of justice. Unfortunately, in the Holy Land there is no such thing as justice.
He explained that in Gaza 1.5 million live in an open air prison. "Christian or Muslim, we all are Palestinians and we all experience the same."
He said Jerusalem also was under siege. A Canadian could visit the city but Monsignor Musallam, who lives 20 minutes away in Birzeit, cannot. "What happens to him happens to all Palestinians in the West Bank. I was very happy to see Mr Dabbagh [who lives in Gaza] over here because I cannot see him in Palestine. I had to come to Ireland to see him."
The archbishop spoke briefly about the Kairos Palestine Document, the Christian Palestinians' message to the world requesting the international community to stand by the Palestinian people who have faced oppression, displacement and apartheid for more than six decades. The suffering continues while the international community silently looks on. It asks Christians all over the world to stand against injustice and apartheid and to work for a just peace in the Holy Land.
Continued at link above ...
So says the anti-Semite and extreme racist Enyzte Bob.

Your hatred of the Jews and your support for the child molester and pedophile Jerry Sandusky is well documented on this forum and you should craw back under a rock.

You are a sick and bizarre individual.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 28, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it might have been due to leading off talking about Protestant talibangelicals?
But it's true. To the Catholic church, Jews are no better or worse than Islam. The church neither loves nor hates either - they both coexist. If anything the church is lukewarm toward the Jews. "Conservative" should ask his priest brother, as an intellectual exercise, if my views here ring true from a church perspective.

Protestant talibangelicals and Republicans with the warmonger pro-military, jingoist mindset are generally the ones fixated on Israel.

In other words, Conservative Catholics' love for Israel has nothign to do with the religion. It has everything to do with patriotism and Republican politics.

I am a Catholic first and an American second.
Emily Fravel

Columbus, OH

#21 Aug 13, 2012
Xenos most surely exhibits cult-like behavior and while you may not hear such things in a teaching, you can expect to hear a hatred of other faiths, though the biggie is Catholicism.
They do in fact recruit and segregate. They seek to control college aged students especially through their dating relationships. This "Kim" can try to deny it, but I've experienced it myself.
To "Concerned Parent" you are right to be concerned. Knowing What IS know about Xenos, They are already teaching your daughter how to debate your objections. Forbidding her is likely to push her further in. I would ask her to be very careful and to pay VERY close attention to how They talk about anyone who leaves. The Xenos way is to talk about how sinful that person was. There is gossip and rumors when someone leaves. They like to say that someone has walked away from God.
Dennis McCallum is only about two cars short of the crazy train. If you look it up more, you will see that he always places the blame on those who have spoken out against Xenos. You will not find a single instance of him apolgizing for pain experienced at Xenos.
Feel free "Concerned Parent" to contact me via facebook if you'd like to discuss this more. Mine is the profile with two little boys. I'm not afraid of fallout.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ron

Columbus, OH

#22 Aug 21, 2012
What are the exact actions and instances that lead you to refer to Xenos as a cult? Open question to anyone.
Dan

Springboro, OH

#23 Aug 21, 2012
Ron wrote:
What are the exact actions and instances that lead you to refer to Xenos as a cult? Open question to anyone.
Read post 15 and 21 for the best responses to that question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" 11 min Simple Question 168
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 18 min d pantz 5,584
Cars Make it Allright 23 min rodeTOAD 4
Officers involved in fatal shooting are identified 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Best site to buy fifa15 coins on fifa15buy.com 1 hr aaron2015 5
Update: dangerous Muslim travels 2 hr Duke for Mayor 31
Forecast: Temps Dip To Zero Tonight; A Warm Up ... 2 hr Wake Up WBNS 1
BizzyBee baking secrets 3 hr Big Johnson 62
Taxes----- who pays taxes? 8 hr Duke for Mayor 33
Columbus Dating