Union Throws Carla Hale Under the Bus...

Union Throws Carla Hale Under the Bus ;-)

Posted in the Columbus Forum

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 May 13, 2013
A gay teacher recently fired from her position at a Catholic high school in Columbus says a local teachers union will not support her effort to get reinstated.

Carla Hale, who was fired from Bishop Watterson High School in March, said today that the Central Ohio Association of Catholic Educators’ grievance committee determined that the union will not back her cause..

“COACE’s decision should not be interpreted as reflecting unfavorably upon Ms. Hale as a person or as an educator,” says a letter from the grievance committee provided by Hale.“She is known to COACE as a caring and compassionate educator whose professionalism is unquestioned.”

Phone and email messages to union officers were not returned.

Hale’s attorney, Thomas Tootle, said the decision means that the union will not financially back Hale’s cause, and supporters of the teacher have started a fund on her behalf.

Hale next plans to appeal to Superintendent Lucia McQuaide of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Columbus, which oversees the school. If McQuaide denies reinstatement, the case would go to arbitration, Tootle said.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#2 May 13, 2013
Without union representation, how can her case go to arbitration? Just wondering.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#3 May 13, 2013
Whoever thought going to the media was going to get her reinstated needs to have his head examined. If anything, she just torpedoed her chances at finding a similar position at a government school because everybody knows who she is.

Lawyers are so dumb sometimes. The world is not a courtroom. Playing Tresselball and the whole grind people to death in the courtroom until they're sick of you strategy doesn't work in situations like these (or with Benghazi, for that matter).

Best thing to do would have been to stay low key and find another job ... quietly.

Dumb.
Zoe

Circleville, OH

#4 May 13, 2013
She needs to move on, like to another state!

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#5 May 13, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
Without union representation, how can her case go to arbitration? Just wondering.
Good question.
The union must have gotten some pretty convincing feedback from its lawyers and membership to hang her out to dry.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#6 May 13, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Whoever thought going to the media was going to get her reinstated needs to have his head examined. If anything, she just torpedoed her chances at finding a similar position at a government school because everybody knows who she is.
Lawyers are so dumb sometimes. The world is not a courtroom. Playing Tresselball and the whole grind people to death in the courtroom until they're sick of you strategy doesn't work in situations like these (or with Benghazi, for that matter).
Best thing to do would have been to stay low key and find another job ... quietly.
Dumb.
You're talking about people who have annual parades to celebrate buggery and the diseases it spawns.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#7 May 13, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You're talking about people who have annual parades to celebrate buggery and the diseases it spawns.
True. And thanks for using the word "buggery" since I think I was the first to use it on this board.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#8 May 13, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Good question.
The union must have gotten some pretty convincing feedback from its lawyers and membership to hang her out to dry.
I've seen it more than once in my working life. If the union feels that someone has blantantly violated the rules they agreed to when hired, the union will not represent the terminated employee. She's sunk, and the union has much deeper pockets then she does. She needs to look for work in California.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#9 May 13, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
True. And thanks for using the word "buggery" since I think I was the first to use it on this board.
Some words are just so fitting.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#10 May 13, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen it more than once in my working life. If the union feels that someone has blantantly violated the rules they agreed to when hired, the union will not represent the terminated employee. She's sunk, and the union has much deeper pockets then she does. She needs to look for work in California.
Massachusetts would take her in a heartbeat.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#11 May 13, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Massachusetts would take her in a heartbeat.
So would tranposition

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Johnson 15 min d pants 81
Should the GOP cut its loses? 3 hr MarkJ- 967
Please help me find the love of my life 4 hr UTrashy 134
SC clown sightins being taken seriously. 6 hr Duke for Mayor 4
F1: Who's out? 8 hr Posting as myself 7
News 6110 Holiday Lane, Dublin. 9 hr Pam 3
Hillary praises KKK head, Byrd. 9 hr Duke for Mayor 46

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance