Glenn to dot the 'i'

Glenn to dot the 'i'

There are 30 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 27, 2009, titled Glenn to dot the 'i'. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

He's orbited Earth. He's served in the U.S. Senate. He's run for president. Now, he'll dot the "i." Former U.S. Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Columbus Resident

Strongsville, OH

#1 Aug 27, 2009
Well I think it's a nice honor for him. A bit hokey, but it's good.
BethOhio

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 27, 2009
I don't think it's hokey at all. It's a time honored tradition in the Buckeye State and John Glenn is an American icon. Great choice, Ohio State!!!!
Desert Dave

Tucson, AZ

#3 Aug 27, 2009
As a displaced Buckeye now living in Tucson, AZ I was pleased to see that John Glenn is to be honored with dotting the i at the Navy game- Did anyone inquire about his alliegence for the two teams? As a Navy man he may be inclined to pull for the Mid-Shipmen over the home-state powerhouse. Karma being Karma; might such feelings somehow impact the Buckeyes performance? We would surely not let a Michigan man perform the same honor during the Michigan game.
bbsnow

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Hate to see the man take the field. This is one merit that he does not deserve. He's the one sold his soul to Clinton so he could back in space.
Ohio State Fan

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 27, 2009
I know I'd like to dot the "i" -- heck -- I'd like to go to a game, but it's gotten too dang expensive.

I can still tailgate for free though.

Congrats John Glenn!!
liberalssuck

Columbus, OH

#6 Aug 27, 2009
When will he be joining his buddy Teddy!
Army Parent

Pickerington, OH

#7 Aug 27, 2009
Congrats Senator But I still hope the Bucks SINK CANOE U!
Bill

Marysville, OH

#8 Aug 27, 2009
liberalssuck wrote:
When will he be joining his buddy Teddy!
Go Bucks & Senator Glenn; the rest of you mean-spirited weiners should move to Michigan where you'll fit in more easily...
Response

Grove City, OH

#9 Aug 27, 2009
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Bucks & Senator Glenn; the rest of you mean-spirited weiners should move to Michigan where you'll fit in more easily...
You mean they're losers, Bill. lol
Lenny Pepperidge

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 27, 2009
Jeez, Glenn honorably served as a combat fighter pilot before becoming one of our first astronauts. Yet, because he joined "the other" political party he somehow becomes an unpatriotic object of scorn.

Some of the comments on here really prove that the Republicans have become the party of know-nothing, white trash--a bunch of ignorant mouth breathers who probably never stepped foot inside an Ohio State classroom, just dress head to toe in the "gear" and embarrass the real alumni with their antics outside of the stadium.
DBS

Dublin, OH

#13 Aug 27, 2009
How about we leave the politics out of this one? John is a first class person,a man who has put his butt on the line for his country more times than nearly all of us, and a true Buckeye.
Enjoy your day, John and savor the moment when you are out there!
Boxxy

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 27, 2009
Glenn is a true American hero, a member of a group that continues to dwindle.
Make Me Puke

Plain City, OH

#15 Aug 27, 2009
In this case the "i" will stand for idiot and John Glenn sure is an idiot.
Burgundy

Versailles, KY

#16 Aug 27, 2009
Let's keep it classy Buckeyes. Glenn is a hero.

It is an Ohio honor. Neil Armstrong should be next.
GReg

Findlay, OH

#17 Aug 27, 2009
I heard Glenn. Thought it might be Teddy!
Agreed

Columbus, OH

#18 Aug 27, 2009
Make Me Puke wrote:
In this case the "i" will stand for idiot and John Glenn sure is an idiot.
someone will have to show him where the i is
Some Guy

Columbus, OH

#19 Aug 27, 2009
Clearly the Glenn haters have no clue about the man. Have you ever heard him speak? He's proof that 88 years old doesn't = rest home. Well spoken with such a commanding voice that if you heard him speak with your eyes closed you'd picture someone in his 40s or 50s. And a lot more intelligent and gracious than "liberalssuck" (creative name you thought up there).

As for possible "divided loyalties", fear not. He and his wife are integral parts of Ohio State and have been for many years.
Brandon

Beachwood, OH

#20 Aug 27, 2009
Wow, this forum is sickening. This guy is a American hero. To poke fun at Kennedy dying, just a complete loss of kooth. You're a sad man.
Boogster

Columbus, OH

#21 Aug 28, 2009
Great choice & tribute by TBDBITL. John Glenn has served our state well.
jerry simon

Cleveland, OH

#22 Aug 28, 2009
A well deserving human being, I would hope that after He dots the i, THE HONORABLE MR. GLEN would take the place of Mr. Voinivich in the Senate for a few more years, and help President Obama give the people of this great country the Health Care we deerve!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHINATOWN DETECTIVE AGENCY LOOKING FOR Crazylady 55 min BizzyBee 38
News Mosquito boom: Pests, including West Nile carri... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
For Cat Lovers Only! 1 hr BIzzy Bee II 174
Body Camera For Police 5 hr Duke for Mayor 11
more ignorant white cops 7 hr El Chapo 11
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 7 hr Maria 2,786
News 7-Year-Old Columbus Girl Found Dead In Californ... 8 hr GlitterSucks_ 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages