Pushing immigration cases through a funnel

Sep 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Columbus Dispatch

More than 342,000 immigration cases were pending nationwide as of the end of July.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

I will volunteer and be a judge. Simple solution; deport, deport, deport, deport!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

This is the part of the immigration system that is broken. Lawyers have made a simple process expensive and complicated. If you entered the country illegally then you should be deported. If you entered the country on a visa and it has expired you should be deported.
There is no need for a judge or a lawyer.
The only time a judge should be required in a deportation case is when the person is here legally and is suspected of violating one or more of the conditions of their visa

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
This is the part of the immigration system that is broken. Lawyers have made a simple process expensive and complicated. If you entered the country illegally then you should be deported. If you entered the country on a visa and it has expired you should be deported.
There is no need for a judge or a lawyer.
The only time a judge should be required in a deportation case is when the person is here legally and is suspected of violating one or more of the conditions of their visa
I agree. They shouldn't be given access to our legal system if they are illegally here. If their home countries won't take them back then put the illegal aliens in jail.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

nomoreillegals2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. They shouldn't be given access to our legal system if they are illegally here. If their home countries won't take them back then put the illegal aliens in jail.
On a chain gang!

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

I disagree with ya'll. Immigration reform is needed on many different issues with it. We also have many here that are undocumented that should be able to adjust their status.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
I disagree with ya'll. Immigration reform is needed on many different issues with it. We also have many here that are undocumented that should be able to adjust their status.
What part of "illegal" do you not understand?
ronnie

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Another waste of our Tax dollar's. They could vett and deport so much faster and easier. But the Attorneys are making tons of money off us in order to protect law breakers....Where are we????

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
They should "adjust" their status. They should not be given any special dispensations simply because they were brought here. They should take the steps to rectify their status, and stop demanding that they be given the moon simply because they want it. We keep allowing people to stay, and look how many of them thank us. It's time to really evaluate the situation and send many of them packing.
Brenda besson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

They should all get the hell out.no one wants to spend tax dollars on illegals.no rights here.americans are not taking this shit well.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

_White American_ wrote:
There are no changes needed to our immigration laws for them to "adjust their status". They can adjust their status by leaving the country. Then they will no longer be an illegal alien and their status will be "adjusted".

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no changes needed to our immigration laws for them to "adjust their status". They can adjust their status by leaving the country. Then they will no longer be an illegal alien and their status will be "adjusted".
They should take the innitative to begin the process, proving that they will be dilligent workers, able to stand on their own two feet. We don't need to add more open hands to the already burgeoning free social services rolls. We have a path, and they can take it or leave. They don't get a free pass just because they think they deserve it.

“Peace”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>What part of "illegal" do you not understand?
What part of our society having many different means of punishment and redemption do you not understand. That's what comprehensive immigration reform does.

“Peace”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>They should "adjust" their status. They should not be given any special dispensations simply because they were brought here. They should take the steps to rectify their status, and stop demanding that they be given the moon simply because they want it. We keep allowing people to stay, and look how many of them thank us. It's time to really evaluate the situation and send many of them packing.
They shouldn't be banned for 10yrs from coming back in because they were here for over a year. Our immigration laws are messed up which none of you care to consider. We have laws that have expired leaving voids. We lack laws that should be in place to help prevent any further influx into our Country.
The fact is that people like yourself and I say that with all due respect teddy are the ones keeping this issue from being fixed. For so many to say we don't need any new immigration laws yet few if any know anything about our current laws is disgusting and disingenuous at best.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 9 min Neutral Party 2,170
Congress Cost FYI 12 min Catman Dave 26
State University Wants to be "Less White" 13 min Reader 39
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min ha ha 25,331
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 42 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 140
Who downed MH 370? 47 min None One Some Many All 4
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 50 min They cannot kill a Spook 287
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Just quit 1,965
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance