Looking for a Bible Based Church

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Christian

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 1, 2012
I'm looking for a KJV Bible based church in the area of Upper Arlington/Grandview. Any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. Thank you.

{serious replies only}
message board troll

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
I'm looking for a KJV Bible based church in the area of Upper Arlington/Grandview. Any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. Thank you.
{serious replies only}
What denomination/church are you going to now?
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 1, 2012
Rod Parsley, Leroy Jenkins, Billy Wasmus, Pat Wasmus or any one of a number of hucksters is ready, willing and able to accept your tithes immediately. In fact, Rod has a lease payment on his Gulfstream due this month and God wants you to help him with it.

“Accept No Substitutes”

Since: Oct 11

Marengo, OH

#4 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
{serious replies only}
That's not evangelical turf by any means. Establishment Protestant and Catholic churches rule the roost.
Try Grove City or Delaware County.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#5 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
I'm looking for a KJV Bible based church
Do you realize what an oxymoron it is to hang on every word of a King James "Version" of something they didn't even begin writing until 50 years after someone's death?
message board troll

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Jan 1, 2012
I am beginning to think the first posters inquiry was rhetorical.

"Bueller... Bueller... Bueller..."
hey now

Columbus, OH

#7 Jan 1, 2012
Ya know, KJ has been on the outs since Willem and Mary so you may want to try the youtube.

Here's Pastor James Davis Manning sermonizing on obama being a 'long legged mac daddy'

and here he is on obama sr. and child support, er, or yep...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Accept No Substitutes”

Marengo, OH

#8 Jan 1, 2012
hey now wrote:
Ya know, KJ has been on the outs since Willem and Mary so you may want to try the youtube.
Here's Pastor James Davis Manning sermonizing on obama being a 'long legged mac daddy'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SHbZaioIKKMXX
and here he is on obama sr. and child support, er, or yep...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Love Reverend Manning!
hey now

Columbus, OH

#9 Jan 1, 2012
George Jefferson Hilliard wrote:
<quoted text>Love Reverend Manning!
Sho You right, Bruhthuh. I'm judging it a 'touching'
billybob

Reseda, CA

#10 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
{serious replies only}
If you are serious, here is the result of an internet search I tried.
You can do the same by typing in key words of interest to you
and location.
For instance…Evangelical Christian Church, Worthington Ohio.

Here ya go…copy and paste this link yo your browser

http://www.google.com/search... +

Best

BB
G Bush

Columbus, OH

#11 Jan 1, 2012
Try this one, very good place call New Birth Missionary Baptist Church and very good pastor Eddie Long.
Christian wrote:
{serious replies only}
G Bush

Columbus, OH

#12 Jan 1, 2012
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#13 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
{serious replies only}
If you're willing to drive over to Clime Road, there is a minister at a church who preaches from a 1611 KJV.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#14 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
{serious replies only}
http://www.anchorbaptistchurch.com/index.php
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

#15 Jan 1, 2012
<quoted text>Love Reverend Manning!
You love any black man that doesn't like Obama.
Another Christian

Columbus, OH

#16 Jan 1, 2012
Christian wrote:
{serious replies only}
You asked for a serious reply, so I am going to give you one. I don't honestly know of any churches that don't consider themselves to be Bible-based. However, that means different things to different people. For some it means learning lots of verses and condemning the world, but thinking very little about one's own life. For some it means that there is a deep connection to the things that are spoken of in the Bible, even though it may be expressed in many different ways.

Personally, I have a hard time accepting that anyone can regard anything as being Bible-based and limit themselves to a single translation for understanding--especially when they choose a translation of a translation.

But, I will offer a link to a church that I have found to be deeply grounded in the Bible. http://www.newsong4newlife.com/ Don't expect anything typical.

“Accept No Substitutes”

Marengo, OH

#17 Jan 1, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You love any black man that doesn't like Obama.
I love any HUMAN BEING who doesn't love Obama.
Your statement is racist... you're no different from the scum who call some blacks Oreos and Uncle Toms.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#18 Jan 1, 2012
Another Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked for a serious reply, so I am going to give you one. I don't honestly know of any churches that don't consider themselves to be Bible-based. However, that means different things to different people. For some it means learning lots of verses and condemning the world, but thinking very little about one's own life. For some it means that there is a deep connection to the things that are spoken of in the Bible, even though it may be expressed in many different ways.
Personally, I have a hard time accepting that anyone can regard anything as being Bible-based and limit themselves to a single translation for understanding--especially when they choose a translation of a translation.
But, I will offer a link to a church that I have found to be deeply grounded in the Bible. http://www.newsong4newlife.com/ Don't expect anything typical.
The OP asked for a King James Version Bible-based church, not any Bible-based church. Sheesh. BTW Reader, is that you? You always add a comma after the word "But" when you start out a sentence.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#19 Jan 1, 2012
Another Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, if the OP wants a King James Version to follow, that's his/her business. Just because it isn't what you think is right doesn't mean it's wrong for him/her.
FKA Reader

Columbus, OH

#20 Jan 1, 2012
<quoted text>I love any HUMAN BEING who doesn't love Obama.
Your statement is racist... you're no different from the scum who call some blacks Oreos and Uncle Toms.
George, you cannot hide your particular love for blacks who don't like Obama. You are still trying to get Hermain Cain back into the race and you wouldn't have anything theologically to do with someone like Manning if he didn't oppose Obama.

And you might just as well climb down off your high horse. You don't give two figs for people who call black people some really ugly names. Never seen you jump all over Bob for talking about monkey's, apes and a few other worse names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where has Rowdy been? 21 min They cannot kill ... 1
Spears from South Side 2 hr now hey 5
Dead boy's mom urges Columbus marchers on 2 hr now hey 12
4 cheetah cubs from 2 moms share first playtime... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr White cop 4,937
Central Ohio filmgoers lining up to see - The I... 3 hr race relations 3
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 5 hr Big Johnson 9
COPS lives MATTER 6 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 199
Columbus Dating
Find my Match