Live or fake Christmas tree?

Live or fake Christmas tree?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 29, 2013
What say you?

If live, is it a family tradition to chop it down or just buy one at the local nursery?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 Nov 29, 2013
Fake tree but live ornaments.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#3 Nov 30, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
Fake tree. The fanatics can put it up on Labor Day, take it down after New Years Day.
Grandma Bee

Frankfort, OH

#4 Nov 30, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
What say you?
If live, is it a family tradition to chop it down or just buy one at the local nursery?
Always had live until a grandchild had allergies so now we have 2 artificial in house and still get live one for outside. We picked out a live one each year with my children and had it dug up with root ball, after Christmas we planted it and marked the year. We still choose a live one with grandkids and then plant it. Then we make seed balls and cookie cutter seed ornaments to tie on it for the birds as well as pine comes with peanut butter smeared on them and rolled in seeds which the grandchildren love helping make and hanging on the tree. My eight yr. old grandson recognizes more birds and their calls than alot of adults do. The second articial tree is a small tree decorated with popcorn and cranberries we string as well as cookie ornaments and candy canes. This is where Santa leaves the fruit and candy for Christmas as it is in the dining room.

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 30, 2013
Grandma Bee wrote:
<quoted text> Always had live until a grandchild had allergies so now we have 2 artificial in house and still get live one for outside. We picked out a live one each year with my children and had it dug up with root ball, after Christmas we planted it and marked the year. We still choose a live one with grandkids and then plant it. Then we make seed balls and cookie cutter seed ornaments to tie on it for the birds as well as pine comes with peanut butter smeared on them and rolled in seeds which the grandchildren love helping make and hanging on the tree. My eight yr. old grandson recognizes more birds and their calls than alot of adults do. The second articial tree is a small tree decorated with popcorn and cranberries we string as well as cookie ornaments and candy canes. This is where Santa leaves the fruit and candy for Christmas as it is in the dining room.
I also string popcorn and cranberries! Have had that tradition since the kids were young. I don't put lights on my tree. It's an old fashioned theme with handmade wooden ornaments,bows,candy canes, handmade ornaments of various kinds. I have a Lady Liberty angel on top! Very colorful.

Thats a great tradition to plant the trees, and each one has it's own memories.
Your grandson has a gift. It's a great hobby. I have a friend who is a big time bird watcher as is her father. They travel the world to bird watch!
Enjoy the season!
little drummer boy

Lafayette, OH

#6 Nov 30, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
What say you?
once you "chop it down",
it's not "live" anymore
Baby!

I played my best for Him
rum pum pum pum
Then He smiled at me
rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 30, 2013
little drummer boy wrote:
<quoted text>
once you "chop it down",
it's not "live" anymore
Baby!
I played my best for Him
rum pum pum pum
Then He smiled at me
rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.
If you have it balled then the tree can be planted after Christmas.
Snizzle Baby.

The most notable rendition was created by the most unlikely combination of Bing Crosby and David Bowie. This version of Little Drummer Boy was a massive hot for the artists and was in fact Bing Crosby's most successful recording since the legendary White Christmas.

Little Drummer Boy: Lyrics

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.
little drummer boy

Lafayette, OH

#8 Nov 30, 2013
the house without a christmas tree

&li st=PL23710926A57E0F89

Shall I play for you
rum pum pum pum
rum pum pum pum
me and my drum

no charge
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#10 Dec 20, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
My cats make.seem like the ornaments are live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims beat woman for wearing bikini French ou... 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 47
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 4 hr Seriouslady 153
Pull your pants up. 4 hr Seriouslady 21
For Cat Lovers Only! 4 hr Doc 179
What does anyone know about a guy named Da'Wayn... 5 hr Pam 3
News Dive team wants to raise dam in effort to find ... 5 hr jesse 7
ayfkm? 6 hr cowboy heroes 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages