Should non-citizens be allowed to vote?

Created by Oliver Canterberry on May 13, 2013

60 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#103 May 20, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say I believed their lies I'm just stating the reason they gave. When you have a bill passed that contains the word "illegal" in it, you know somethings wrong with that state.
Why? You are either legal or illegal. Case closed.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#104 May 20, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason for a shortage of jurors. The law allows judges to send the county sheriff out to "shanghai" potential jurors off the street. This article cites California, but most states have similar laws.
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story...
I am not familiar with the non-citizen proposal. However, the choice NOT to send sheriffs out, particularly after no-shows, is apparently primarily an economic one.

For the Zimmerman trial, I believe they are sending out 500 juror requests. Apparently this is based on something like a usual no-show rate of about 50%. Of those who appear, it must be anticipated that some percentage has legitimate reasons for being excused, and a number who will be eliminated prior to voire dire based on questionnaire responses.

Franklin County pays $20/day for jurors. This is a set-up for hardship requests for anyone who makes more than that whose employer does not grant time-off with pay for jury duty.

We could legislatively mandate that employers grant such time-off (even if they they collect the $20). Or we could increase the rate. But, I don't suspect there is any groundswell for either of these.
They cannot kill a spook

United States

#105 May 20, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with the non-citizen proposal. However, the choice NOT to send sheriffs out, particularly after no-shows, is apparently primarily an economic one.
For the Zimmerman trial, I believe they are sending out 500 juror requests. Apparently this is based on something like a usual no-show rate of about 50%. Of those who appear, it must be anticipated that some percentage has legitimate reasons for being excused, and a number who will be eliminated prior to voire dire based on questionnaire responses.
Franklin County pays $20/day for jurors. This is a set-up for hardship requests for anyone who makes more than that whose employer does not grant time-off with pay for jury duty.
We could legislatively mandate that employers grant such time-off (even if they they collect the $20). Or we could increase the rate. But, I don't suspect there is any groundswell for either of these.
I would love to be on the Zimmerman jury. Hell I would pay the other jurors there usual.wages and lunch and dinner. Of course I would be a firm not guilty on all counts juror.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#106 May 21, 2013
They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to be on the Zimmerman jury. Hell I would pay the other jurors there usual.wages and lunch and dinner. Of course I would be a firm not guilty on all counts juror.
I think this would disqualify you, though the lack of understanding on why this would prevent you from serving on a jury might also keep you from participating in the process...
They cannot kill a spook

Newark, NJ

#107 May 21, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this would disqualify you, though the lack of understanding on why this would prevent you from serving on a jury might also keep you from participating in the process...
Hey green teeth. You have supposedly moved to England, keep your opinions to yourself, aka keep your peter-holster shut and fingers off the keyboard.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#108 May 21, 2013
They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey green teeth. You have supposedly moved to England, keep your opinions to yourself, aka keep your peter-holster shut and fingers off the keyboard.
Google some recent polls from the UK, Tranposition's liblabcon isn't doing so well...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#109 May 21, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So it's people being afraid of something that has nothing to do with the proposed changes?
I still don't really understand how so many people think that non citizen residents don't pay taxes. Which seems to not just be an American thing. Less intellectually capable folks here think the same thing, which is endlessly confusing.
hey Einstein........50% of American citizens don't pay federal income tax. We are talking non-citizens here, so the assumption is same rule applies at minimum. Refugees pay no tax. Illegals pay no tax.

fact check with looking at 2012 numbers on us governments web sites.

because you pay sales tax, you feel entitled to free healthcare, housing, food, education, first responders, roads, electricity, etc. Sales tax is your fair share.

I see, it is correct to be afraid of people like you, because if you get elected, you are going to fleece achievers.

Less intellectually capable people as a whole, pay zero federal income tax, and may skate state and city income tax. Reason is the don't earn enough to the first rung of the escalating ladder of confiscation.

reality is....you post crap, and us that actually earn enough to pay taxes are not stupid. Only the other stupid sheep follow your dreams to nowhere.

what happened to the day humans had pride?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#110 May 21, 2013
They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to be on the Zimmerman jury. Hell I would pay the other jurors there usual.wages and lunch and dinner. Of course I would be a firm not guilty on all counts juror.
Probably wouldn't make it through voire dire.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#111 May 21, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>

Less intellectually capable people as a whole, pay zero federal income tax,
You're just begging to reminded of your boast that you had moved your company offshore and would therefore be paying no federal income taxes, aren't you?

Face it RS.

You are a 47 percenter.

And it ain't 'cuz you put all your stuff in the Caymens.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#112 May 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just begging to reminded of your boast that you had moved your company offshore and would therefore be paying no federal income taxes, aren't you?
Face it RS.
You are a 47 percenter.
And it ain't 'cuz you put all your stuff in the Caymens.
and your fantasy illusions are parasitic to the USA.

I pay more in Ohio State tax than you do taxes in entirety.

How do I know this fact?.....you can look up salary's of state employees on the web.

you are just begging to be reminded what a failure you are, and require the coat tail of the US Government to survive.

you can't discredit reality, because reality has fact to document statements.

fantasy and good wishes are all a moron liberal like yourself has. Actually putting action to achieve is foreign to you and your ilk.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#113 May 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just begging to reminded of your boast that you had moved your company offshore and would therefore be paying no federal income taxes, aren't you?
Face it RS.
You are a 47 percenter.
And it ain't 'cuz you put all your stuff in the Caymens.
hey stupid.

my wife and I filed jointly, and together we are in the top 6% of earners in the USA.

I was shocked, as it just points out how 94% of the population is not firing on all 8 cylinders.

Funner yet is that my wife's PHD pays 1/3rd of what my commissions earned in the states. Also about 1/3rd of foreign investments.

When you say boast, did you not mean clearing up your fantasy illusions?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#114 May 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just begging to reminded of your boast that you had moved your company offshore and would therefore be paying no federal income taxes, aren't you?
Face it RS.
You are a 47 percenter.
And it ain't 'cuz you put all your stuff in the Caymens.
you are just begging to be reminded you are a divorced single mother no man wants. Men run from you and hide.

if you bathed regularly and had normal thoughts, possibly you could reverse the trend of over a decade of being shunned.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#115 May 22, 2013
I love how you can post one sentence to RS "picking" on him, and it sets him off for an hour.

How smart is he? ROFL.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#116 May 22, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
I love how you can post one sentence to RS "picking" on him, and it sets him off for an hour.
How smart is he? ROFL.
what may take you an hour, took me less than a minute.

this post 13 seconds.
Dave

Matawan, NJ

#117 May 22, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Why? You are either legal or illegal. Case closed.
They passed a state law that allows illegal immigrants to serve as jurors over American citizens. The bill actually has the words "illegal immigrants" in it. How could any state legislature pass a law that has the word illegal in it? It's crazy, stupid, disrespectful, unbelievable..... You can add more words if you want!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#118 May 22, 2013
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>They passed a state law that allows illegal immigrants to serve as jurors over American citizens. The bill actually has the words "illegal immigrants" in it. How could any state legislature pass a law that has the word illegal in it? It's crazy, stupid, disrespectful, unbelievable..... You can add more words if you want!
Do you have a link to the legislation?

I am very interested in what it says.
Dave

Matawan, NJ

#119 May 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to the legislation?
I am very interested in what it says.
I already posted it. If it's not showing up just google california's new juror law and you'll find it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pet and animal reports 48 min Free Pizza 4 U 15
strike a pose 59 min Free Pizza 4 U 8
New Columbus Reading Program Aims To Get Books ... 1 hr yeah baby yeah 4
sucky comany 1 hr yeah baby yeah 4
Spook, Dave, Bizzy.... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 123
Hey pale rider 1 hr They cannot kill ... 25
Study to give details of economic impact of ref... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 17 hr Sue 2,434
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••