of 2
Next Last

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#21 Mar 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine example of why you are always judged 'clueless''nuts''disagree' and 'mean', Twister. You pulled what you wanted from that and converted it for your use. Didn't work for you this time either.
Sorry, thought that since I was speaking of Tennessee and Georgia any moron would know I was speaking of a 'southern' accent.
As for 'take the town apart', I don't think that has any regional distinction. And it was my phrasing as a 'yankee.'
Believe me, if someone leaves a child that cannot hear or can hear to sit alone in the dark for six hours, having no idea why they have been 'forgotten' in this area, and I hear about it, I'm going to 'take the town apart' too.
You wouldn't make an issue of it?
You're the one who said her brother has no accent...your words.

Why do you and others persist in the goofy notion that people reading your words are supposed to understand your idea that what you write is somehow shorthand for what is bouncing around in your befogged mind, and that we magically will get what you really mean? Take the freaking time to write EXACTLY what you mean. If people come up with a wrong interpretation of what you are actually thinking, but not writing, that's YOUR fault, not ours.

My English papers had very few red marks; yours must have been loaded with them.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#22 Mar 13, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who said her brother has no accent...your words.
Why do you and others persist in the goofy notion that people reading your words are supposed to understand your idea that what you write is somehow shorthand for what is bouncing around in your befogged mind, and that we magically will get what you really mean? Take the freaking time to write EXACTLY what you mean. If people come up with a wrong interpretation of what you are actually thinking, but not writing, that's YOUR fault, not ours.
My English papers had very few red marks; yours must have been loaded with them.
Say what you mean and mean what you say.
I like you O.K., but...

If it too large a leap for your mind to make that when, within the same paragraph, wherein I speak about my niece's SOUTHERN accent, mention Tennessee and Georgia, both southern states, and say her brother has no accent, I am not refering to a southern accent, then you may have aced English, but zeroed out in English lit and reading comprehension.

If my posts are so discombobulated, skip them.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#23 Mar 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you O.K., but...
If it too large a leap for your mind to make that when, within the same paragraph, wherein I speak about my niece's SOUTHERN accent, mention Tennessee and Georgia, both southern states, and say her brother has no accent, I am not refering to a southern accent, then you may have aced English, but zeroed out in English lit and reading comprehension.
If my posts are so discombobulated, skip them.
Re-read my previous post. It would take you two seconds to write SOUTHERN, then no one would have to read your mind.

Reading comprehension has nothing to do with so-called implied or assumed thoughts. Again, it is not up to us to read your fogged mind.

I normally do skip yours, but you were attacking Reader when she raised a reasonable point.

Location hidden

#24 Mar 13, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-read my previous post. It would take you two seconds to write SOUTHERN, then no one would have to read your mind.
Reading comprehension has nothing to do with so-called implied or assumed thoughts. Again, it is not up to us to read your fogged mind.
I normally do skip yours, but you were attacking Reader when she raised a reasonable point.
Reader will attack, twist, skim and challenge anything I post.

Did anyone else have any trouble (including you, honestly) understanding I was talking about southern accents?

You want to be Reader's knight/savior....have at it. You've got a lot of work ahead of you.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#25 Mar 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader will attack, twist, skim and challenge anything I post.
Did anyone else have any trouble (including you, honestly) understanding I was talking about southern accents?
You want to be Reader's knight/savior....have at it. You've got a lot of work ahead of you.
When someone (including you) says "no accents" I take it as no accent. I have had too much trouble over decades trying to differentiate what people are trying to say and what they actually said. All it does is lead to misunderstandings, as it did in your post. Your sentence was, honestly, a manifestation of sloppy thinking/writing. If you take pride in the work you do, why do you not extend that same effort to your writing? You've been called on it by two people, maybe you need to admit that you are wrong, instead of being bull-headed about it.

Don't read anything into what my motivation was. She called you out on it and I agree with her, as I would if anyone else had done it. Your assumption about my motives is more sloppy thinking.
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

#26 Mar 13, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> She didn't say she felt 'guilty', you stupid freak. She's perplexed at the wide gap in their cultural and social economic differences. Hell, I'm Black but have a hard time understanding some of the southern rural dialects from the Blacks as well as the deep rural whites.
Even the deep Boston dialects from Ireland can throw one for a loop.
By your own admission you were raised in an all White Environment, Lilly White Schools with zero contact with the crude, vulgar ghetto culture you foolishly idealize. At least Reader lives in an urban culture amongst the downtrodden. You have no clue and no real contact with Black America other that to spoon out nonsense on this forum.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#27 Mar 13, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
By your own admission you were raised in an all White Environment, Lilly White Schools with zero contact with the crude, vulgar ghetto culture you foolishly idealize. At least Reader lives in an urban culture amongst the downtrodden. You have no clue and no real contact with Black America other that to spoon out nonsense on this forum.
Never said I was 'raised' in an all white environment, I said I went to Jr. and High school with mostly white kids, who by the way, were way more advanced in drug use and sexual orgies than any Black kid of the same ages.
And I refuse to be involved with the ghetto Blacks if this generation, because they are the least aware or interested in revolutionary thinking that will give them pride and achievement as a group. They've become so individualistic and self- centered in their thinking, that the concept of unity to achieve a common goal is way out of their sphere of everyday thought.

Reader can live where ever she's comfortable at. I choose not to live around dead Frankenstein creations who don't value life, property, or their community. The Blacks being murdered I read about weekly is depressing enough. You think I want to have my windows busted out at night for telling a youngster to pull up his pants? I'm paying too much for insurance as it is.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#28 Mar 13, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Never said I was 'raised' in an all white environment, I said I went to Jr. and High school with mostly white kids, who by the way, were way more advanced in drug use and sexual orgies than any Black kid of the same ages.
And I refuse to be involved with the ghetto Blacks in this generation, because they are the least aware or interested in revolutionary thinking that will give them pride and achievement as a group. They've become so individualistic and self- centered in their thinking, that the concept of unity to achieve a common goal is way out of their sphere of everyday thought.
Reader can live whereever she's feels comfortable. I choose not to live around dead Frankenstein creations who don't value life, property, or their community. The Blacks being murdered I read about weekly is depressing enough. You think I want to have my windows busted out at night for telling a youngster to pull up his pants? I'm paying too much for insurance as it is.
Not me.

Location hidden

#29 Mar 14, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone (including you) says "no accents" I take it as no accent. I have had too much trouble over decades trying to differentiate what people are trying to say and what they actually said. All it does is lead to misunderstandings, as it did in your post. Your sentence was, honestly, a manifestation of sloppy thinking/writing. If you take pride in the work you do, why do you not extend that same effort to your writing? You've been called on it by two people, maybe you need to admit that you are wrong, instead of being bull-headed about it.
Don't read anything into what my motivation was. She called you out on it and I agree with her, as I would if anyone else had done it. Your assumption about my motives is more sloppy thinking.
Two people. Reader, who will find fault with anything I post, and you. Oooooo, I should worry.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#30 Mar 14, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Two people. Reader, who will find fault with anything I post, and you. Oooooo, I should worry.
I expected you to heartily embrace your own mediocrity, which is the hallmark of the modern conservative.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 42 min Pope Che Reagan C... 73
FROM THE FOG OF WAR a New hillary! 45 min Pope Che Reagan C... 10
News Columbus Man Charged With Aiding ISIS 1 hr They cannot kill ... 4
For Cat Lovers Only! 1 hr They cannot kill ... 16
ASK YOURSELF "DOES AMERICA DESERVE MORE EMBARAS... 2 hr Seriouslady 6
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 58
Poll Do you support Affirmative Action? (Oct '12) 4 hr flbadcatowner 81
Columbus man on a deadly mission, caught 6 hr Duke for Mayor 64
More from around the web

Columbus People Search