Wasn't Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed for what they did?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Question

Greer, SC

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Not religious myself, but wasn't the ancient cities of Sodom & Gomorrah destroyed for what they did? And not just for ho mo se xuality but for adultery and for general disregard for what it right as well?
Question

Greer, SC

#2 Mar 27, 2013
* general disregard for what is right
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3 Mar 27, 2013
No. They were destroyed by natural geological causes. The remainder of the story is an allegory devised by people in authority to control the thoughts and actions of those who lack it.

Help yourself out. Start thinking independently.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
No. They were destroyed by natural geological causes. The remainder of the story is an allegory devised by people in authority to control the thoughts and actions of those who lack it.
Help yourself out. Start thinking independently.
woof
head your own advise.

you go right ahead and doom yourself to hell.

guess what....I am not following you, and consider you a threat to society.

caging and transporting you and your ilk to Russia is best for the USA society, and you fit better in Russia anyways.

wait till that is on a ballot for vote.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#5 Mar 27, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
head your own advise.
you go right ahead and doom yourself to hell.
guess what....I am not following you, and consider you a threat to society.
caging and transporting you and your ilk to Russia is best for the USA society, and you fit better in Russia anyways.
wait till that is on a ballot for vote.
When do you think that vote will be? A special election in August or do you think it will be in November?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#6 Mar 27, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
head your own advise.
you go right ahead and doom yourself to hell.
guess what....I am not following you, and consider you a threat to society.
caging and transporting you and your ilk to Russia is best for the USA society, and you fit better in Russia anyways.
wait till that is on a ballot for vote.
The election you describe, if it were to take place, would ultimately be overturned as having had violated my First Amendment rights Bubba.

Are there plans in the works to address that minor detail?

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you think that vote will be? A special election in August or do you think it will be in November?
it will pass before gay marriage is allowed in Ohio.

why do you ask O creepy one?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#8 Mar 27, 2013
Oh yeah Bubba...while I am thinking of it: If God is the one for responsible for giving me a useful, adequately functional brain to think with, why would He dispatch me to eternal damnation for exercising prudently reasonable skepticism about the motives of people centuries ago, based upon my experiences with people of today?

woof

Since: Aug 12

United States

#9 Mar 27, 2013
Dumbass liberals think sodom and gamorrah is an NCAA basketball game all tied up at 69.
Lib

Charlotte, NC

#10 Mar 27, 2013
Me am Lib

Me believe that there is no wrong.

Me am like a child and want to whatever me want to.

Me cry and throw a tantrum when me not get me way.
Lib

Charlotte, NC

#11 Mar 27, 2013
do
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Oh yeah Bubba...while I am thinking of it: If God is the one for responsible for giving me a useful, adequately functional brain to think with, why would He dispatch me to eternal damnation for exercising prudently reasonable skepticism about the motives of people centuries ago, based upon my experiences with people of today?
woof
lack of faith

read the last book in the new testament. You may learn something.

in case you mis-understand, then accept the reality of what will occur for doing so.
Lib

Charlotte, NC

#13 Mar 27, 2013
Me am a Lib

Me and fellow Libs complained for decades about others forcing their beliefs on us.

Now here we Libs sit trying to force our beliefs on everyone just the same

Me and fellow Libs are very very inconsistent like that.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Oh yeah Bubba...while I am thinking of it: If God is the one for responsible for giving me a useful, adequately functional brain to think with, why would He dispatch me to eternal damnation for exercising prudently reasonable skepticism about the motives of people centuries ago, based upon my experiences with people of today?
woof
pop cultures like the group you belong, are a blip on the screen.

a cloth wipes you off the screen by staying firm.

Church does not recognize pop culture for anything but a fad. In 50 years your ilk will be faded history added to a long line.

read revelations in the bible for your answers above regarding God.

there is no reason for you to accept my opinion when you can read it in specific detail?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it will pass before gay marriage is allowed in Ohio.
why do you ask O creepy one?
I ask because I love your predictions. So when is this vote going to be and what will the ballot language be?

And your days of marriage discrimination are over, Walter.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/...

The tide has turned. Just a matter of time now. Then what are you going to do?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#16 Mar 27, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Dumbass liberals think sodom and gamorrah is an NCAA basketball game all tied up at 69.
that is funny.......go buckeyes
Lib

Charlotte, NC

#17 Mar 27, 2013
Me and fellow Libs know this is right thing to do, Oprah and Ellen said so.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#18 Mar 27, 2013
Go Buckeyes!
I hope the chumps at Georgetown think long and hard about covering the cross again the next time the dear ruler speaks there.
.

God works in mysterious ways.....Like lighting a fire under #15 seed Florida Gulf coast when when #2 seed Georgetown thinks they're cool and cover the cross.
hmm

Charlotte, NC

#19 Mar 27, 2013
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20 Mar 27, 2013
hmm wrote:
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. And that appears to be what happened to Georgetown for disrespecting the symbol of Gods love.. Not exactly destroyed but highly embarrassed them with a loss at the hands of a #15 seed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min xxxrayted 30,494
We can't afford a war in Syria 21 min They cannot kill ... 3
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 56 min Tofte 2,291
Almighty God OR rabid allah??? 1 hr Colbert 12
Obama Announcing Girls' Adoptions 1 hr Colbert 5
welfare nation 1 hr Colbert 15
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 1 hr Colbert 12
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Catman Dave 107
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••