CBS’s Lara Logan: Obama Is Lying to A...

CBS’s Lara Logan: Obama Is Lying to America.

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#1 Oct 8, 2012
CBS's Lara Logan: Obama Is Lying to America
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook

Last week 60 Minutes Correspondent Lara Logan delivered a keynote address at the Better Government Association annual luncheon, which the Chicago Sun Times called “a provocative speech” to some 1,100 movers in government, politics, media, and the legal and corporate arenas.

The speech was more than provocative it was a warning to anyone who wishes to hear. She explained that the Taliban, al Qaeda and its proxies haven’t gone away and are in fact re-energized and coming back in force. Logan also informed the crowd that a “lie” is being propagated by the American government.

Her ominous and frightening message was gleaned from years of covering our wars in the Middle East. She arrived in Chicago on the heels of her Sept. 30 report,“The Longest War.” It examined the Afghanistan conflict and exposed the perils that still confront America, 11 years after 9/11.

Eleven years later,“they” still hate us, now more than ever, Logan told the crowd. The Taliban and al-Qaida have not been vanquished, she added. They’re coming back.

“I chose this subject because, one, I can’t stand, that there is a major lie being propagated ...” Logan declared in her native South African accent.

The lie is that America’s military might has tamed the Taliban.

“There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years,” Logan said. It is driven in part by “Taliban apologists,” who claim “they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban,” she added sarcastically.“It’s such nonsense!”

Logan stepped way out of the “objective,” journalistic role. The audience was riveted as she told of plowing through reams of documents, and interviewing John Allen, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan; Afghan President Hamid Karzai, and a Taliban commander trained by al-Qaida. The Taliban and al-Qaida are teaming up and recruiting new terrorists to do us deadly harm, she reports.

She made a passionate case that our government is downplaying the strength of our enemies in Afghanistan and Pakistan, as a rationale of getting us out of the longest war. We have been lulled into believing that the perils are in the past:“You’re not listening to what the people who are fighting you say about this fight. In your arrogance, you think you write the script.”

Our enemies are writing the story, she suggests, and there’s no happy ending for us.

There is only one way to get out of the danger Ms. Logan warns about, that is to change the man at the top. Obama believes in lying to the American people and leading from behind. Based on his speech earlier today, Governor Romney believes in protecting Americans through strength.

Based on her talk, Ms Logan believes that Obama's way does not work.
The Truth

Templeton, CA

#4 Oct 9, 2012
Theres NO DOUBT that we are being lied to. Just look at the big picture! Egypt, Libya, Syria
The Truth

Templeton, CA

#6 Oct 10, 2012
I just can't conceive why the American public just ignores the facts.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#7 Oct 10, 2012
Why Obama is destroying America from within...

Alan Keyes: Obama is a communist:

believe it.

Raised by a communist revolutionary Kenyan Muslim.
Mentored by a Marxist.
Attended a church preaching Marxism for 20 years.

Wake up America, it's the 11th hour.
Democratt

Charlotte, NC

#8 Oct 11, 2012
Obama is the absolute greatest President we have ever had. He would never lie.

Since: Dec 11

Dayton, OH

#9 Oct 11, 2012
Ya'll shuut up. I got my free cell phone.
uh

United States

#10 Oct 13, 2012
CBS reporter on O for lying.
imagine2011

Brentwood, TN

#11 Oct 13, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I just can't conceive why the American public just ignores the facts.
We've had it too easy in this country. Most of us being spoiled, living so comfortably, without ever having to worry about getting politically informed. This ignorant, complacency is 'exactly' what the anti-American, communist types were waiting for. In 2008 they saw a 'crisis' and struck gold with a well spoken black man, working on white guilt, saying 'hope and change' without telling us this means the dismantling of America as we've always known it. Now, look at how fast our countries wealth has disappeared. The attack on religion is just what communist do. The communist government can't have competition of any kind. The govt wants to be the 'god' of the citizens. Look at all of the communist countries and the first thing to go is religious freedoms, then the spread of atheism. China...Russia...North Korea...etc.
Not Again

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2012
CBS, NBC, and ABC are all on Obama's azz now.
notlocal

AOL

#14 Oct 13, 2012
Not Again wrote:
CBS, NBC, and ABC are all on Obama's azz now.
They better start fact checking his debate debacle. Everytime he opened his mouth, he lied and laughed.

Proverbs 29.9 & 11

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#15 Oct 14, 2012
Lara Logan is beautiful, factual, incredibly brave, and honest.

Not sure where she stands politically, and I don't care. She called out the Obama administration as being liars, and I respect her courage and commitment to unbiased journalism and reporting immensely.

She is a professional others should aspire to be. When this woman speaks, I will listen with an open mind.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#16 Oct 14, 2012
Lara Logan exposes Obama as a LIAR:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 4 min UTrashy 985
Should the GOP cut its loses? 4 min Seriouslady 1,067
Very strange..... 9 min Duke for Mayor 4
Trump's Wall 10 min Duke for Mayor 67
Hayley Johnson- Associa Real Property- Hilliard... 1 hr RPM SUCKS 1
News Clinton booking TV ads in Columbus through Nov. 7 1 hr Seriouslady 2
Mind Ur Biz 🐝 1 hr Serioustrollie 1
Colin Kaepernick continues to sit through US na... 4 hr Reality Speaks 60

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web