For 2016, Democrats hunt for a conven...

For 2016, Democrats hunt for a convention city

There are 142 comments on the CNN story from Feb 25, 2014, titled For 2016, Democrats hunt for a convention city. In it, CNN reports that:

As many as three dozen mayors from Atlanta to Sacramento received a letter earlier this month inquiring whether their cities were interested in hosting the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Duke for Mayor

United States

#133 Feb 27, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you do nothing but twist? When was my income or tax return discussed? I report all of my income and all foreign accounts I have autorization over. I'd be stupid not to and the preparer would not sign the return.
But READ the USDA notice: Over 4 years, 03-04-05 & 06, only 2,702 cases of farm subsity fraud were found. And the total fraud was 49 million dollars. A little over 12.250 million a year. That's 675 farmers per year out of the millions in the country. Hardly representative of the whole.
And that amount is minuscule, tiny, tiny, compared to other entitlement fraud.
You're an idiot. Tell your friend and supporter, che, that although I do have a great job, I admit, it is no fairy tale and has not been for the past 22 years. I do it well and with ethics or I would not have lasted. Sorry you don't and can fritter your time away when not chasing ambulances.
Wow Annie. I was merely pointing out that farm subsidies are taxable income, and that although you claim to be a jet setting international tax accounting expert who hobnobs with the elite across the globe, you didn't seem to be aware of that easily researchable fact.

So, how much income have you hidden in subsidies over the past ten years?

woof
Latch

United States

#134 Feb 27, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>your spin make you seasick?

let me be very very clear so you can grasp it.

In 5 years Obama has spent more, than all the POTUS of my life added together.

Yes RINO's overspend, but this current progressive movement has made any prior politician a cheap skate in comparison.

Detroit and Chicago are 100% the culprit of Democrats.

PS: if you are going to spin, hook up a generator so something good comes from it.
It's the current progressive movement? So running the country into the ground by the Bush administration that helped put us in a recession, that means what to you?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#135 Feb 27, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
most snap benefits go to rural area citizens in red earming districts and states where there are no jobs
Why make the farm bill statement in the first place? Liars and shills permeate our nation now. The problem is revenues in a real sense our drying up and our government manipulates things like real inflation. Real inflation is near several per cent a year by measuring money printed easily. The price of real things we purchase should tell us that. Yet COLA increases for social security goes up 1% or so. Which scews over many people and keeps the facade of a healthy nation going. Yup...liars and frauds.
Justin

United States

#136 Feb 27, 2014
If I were betting money, I'd say New Orleans.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#137 Feb 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Annie. I was merely pointing out that farm subsidies are taxable income, and that although you claim to be a jet setting international tax accounting expert who hobnobs with the elite across the globe, you didn't seem to be aware of that easily researchable fact.
woof
I'm sure she's confusing selling a farm with the disposal of a tomato garden.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#138 Feb 27, 2014
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Why make the farm bill statement in the first place? Liars and shills permeate our nation now. The problem is revenues in a real sense our drying up and our government manipulates things like real inflation. Real inflation is near several per cent a year by measuring money printed easily. The price of real things we purchase should tell us that. Yet COLA increases for social security goes up 1% or so. Which scews over many people and keeps the facade of a healthy nation going. Yup...liars and frauds.
The GOP aims to gut Social Security completely to take the COLA worry of your plate
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#140 Feb 27, 2014
Jackie_Chiles_10024 wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing you didn't...
The Republican National Committee on Thursday named eight cities as finalists for its 2016 convention.
After accepting bids from dozens of potential applicants, the committee will choose between Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Dallas, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Phoenix, RNC chairman Reince Priebus said in a tweet.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/w...
What's that got to do with his bet?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#141 Feb 27, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP aims to gut Social Security completely to take the COLA worry of your plate
Unfortunately you keep bypassing those little goody two shoes progressives who are so innocent and cute. Anyway if things keep going this way, a despot will run and see the old people as prime voting stock. In a nation with less, he will promise at least dignity while taking care of business to the rest of the population in a hard line way in government payouts. This will also appeal to many other people.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#142 Feb 27, 2014
Latch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the current progressive movement? So running the country into the ground by the Bush administration that helped put us in a recession, that means what to you?
G.W. Bush was a Progressive Liberal too which there is no doubting that besides Bruce Bartlett explains why and covers that in one chapter why G.W. Bush is viewed by Conservatives as a liberal in his book titled " Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy" and everything he predicted in 2005 in the book came true in 2008 when the house of cards fell because of Progressive Liberalism and its policies enacted by both Clinton and G.W. Bush.

Former Reagan Advisor angry Bush 'bankrupted America'
RAW STORY
Published: Wednesday April 18, 2007

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Former_Reagan_A...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#143 Feb 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
I owe you an apology, dupe. The good news is that farm subsidies are taxable income to the receipent, as you said and I disagreed with.

I haven't hidden subsities because I've never received any nor have any of the farmers I know. Actually DE has received a very small portion over the last 17 years, and that in the lower, dryer counties.

And I am reversing my mind on how I feel about these farm subsidies being paid because it turns out that the majority of them (as I suspected last night, but wanted to check) go to very large commerical outlets, with very large revenues and many employees.

A minimal amount is paid out due to disaster, as I had assumed, but rather a 'buffer' paid by the taxpayers to guarantee the price of crops.

I am still researching this, but for now suffice to say:

1. Farm susidies are taxable as income, unlike a flotilla welfare benefits, so the taxpayers do get something back.
2. The top ten receipents of these subsidies employee great numbers, who also boost the economy with purchasing power and income taxes paid.
3. These subsities are not, for the most part, being paid to the small, generational farmer, but rather to large private companies and some, I do not believe at this point, to be private. i.e., Bureau of Indian Affairs, State of Washington, Ducks Unlimited. This, to me, smacks of cronyism, at first glance.

I still do not agree that the sum of subsities received would tilt the price a farmer would
ask for his land. Investigation so far shows that an individual farmer MAY receive less than $900. per year and that would be taxable. But there is much more to learn.

I hope you accept this apology in a gracious manner, but che and ru will not allow that, and the first word out of your mouth is going to be 'liar', not 'mistaken.' But maybe you've learned something.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#144 Feb 27, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I owe you an apology, dupe. The good news is that farm subsidies are taxable income to the receipent, as you said and I disagreed with.
I haven't hidden subsities because I've never received any nor have any of the farmers I know. Actually DE has received a very small portion over the last 17 years, and that in the lower, dryer counties.
And I am reversing my mind on how I feel about these farm subsidies being paid because it turns out that the majority of them (as I suspected last night, but wanted to check) go to very large commerical outlets, with very large revenues and many employees.
A minimal amount is paid out due to disaster, as I had assumed, but rather a 'buffer' paid by the taxpayers to guarantee the price of crops.
1. Farm susidies are taxable as income, unlike a flotilla welfare benefits, so the taxpayers do get something back.
2. The top ten receipents of these subsidies employee great numbers, who also boost the economy with purchasing power and income taxes paid.
3. These subsities are not, for the most part, being paid to the small, generational farmer, but rather to large private companies and some, I do not believe at this point, to be private. i.e., Bureau of Indian Affairs, State of Washington, Ducks Unlimited. This, to me, smacks of cronyism, at first glance.
I still do not agree that the sum of subsities received would tilt the price a farmer would
ask for his land. Investigation so far shows that an individual farmer MAY receive less than $900. per year and that would be taxable. But there is much more to learn.
I hope you accept this apology in a gracious manner, but che and ru will not allow that, and the first word out of your mouth is going to be 'liar', not 'mistaken.' But maybe you've learned something.
Maybe you have learned something.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#145 Feb 27, 2014
As I originally stated Anne, Food stamp recipients are not the only folks who benefit from the farm bill. A whole big pile of that cash is going to large business interests, whether its through subsidies, crop insurance premiums, or the sale of raw food products by agribusiness interests.

God Bless You.

woof

Location hidden

#146 Feb 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
God Bless You.
woof
And you.
Delbert

Virginia Beach, VA

#147 Feb 27, 2014
By your understanding Farm Bill welfare is food stamp distributions, but when farmers receive their redistributed wealth from the tax payers it's a "buffer"
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#148 Feb 27, 2014
Delbert wrote:
By your understanding Farm Bill welfare is food stamp distributions, but when farmers receive their redistributed wealth from the tax payers it's a "buffer"
<quoted text>
One small step for man...One giant leap for Annekind.

woof

Location hidden

#149 Feb 28, 2014
Delbert wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a flawed system and, for the most part, does not help the small, generational farmer but rather large conglomerates. And the compensation to them, compared to their annual revenues, is hardly noticable. However these are large employers and they do pay income tax on the subsities received.

There is some fraud, but it is no where near the scale of other entitlement programs.

Having said that, after learning what I have in the past 24 hours, I do not like it and as a member of the Farm Bureau in my state will be investigating further.

Location hidden

#150 Feb 28, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
One small step for man...One giant leap for Annekind.
woof
LOL Not at all. I tell everyone I hire that the only way not to make a mistake is not to do anything. Very few mistakes cannot be fixed. Just admit your mistake and move on.

I did sincerely think this program helped small, generational farmers. For the most part, it does not. Everything happens for a reason.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#151 Feb 28, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a flawed system and, for the most part, does not help the small, generational farmer but rather large conglomerates. And the compensation to them, compared to their annual revenues, is hardly noticable. However these are large employers and they do pay income tax on the subsities received.
There is some fraud, but it is no where near the scale of other entitlement programs.
Having said that, after learning what I have in the past 24 hours, I do not like it and as a member of the Farm Bureau in my state will be investigating further.
Good luck with that.

http://www.fb.org/index.php...

Location hidden

#152 Feb 28, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that.
http://www.fb.org/index.php...
Thanks. Sometimes it is helpful to live in a small state. And, to be clear, parts of the subsity programs I like....parts I think are being abused. But not even close to other entitlement programs. And as the receipents work pay income tax on the subsity, I have a hard time even calling it an entitlement. I do think it could be administrated more soundly.
Duke for Mayor

Columbus, OH

#153 Feb 28, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
Detroit
Camden
Newark
St. Louis
Mogadishu
Beijing
Tehran
Mecca
Mecca and keep the dems there. Oh, I fogot, they would kill us cause we are infidels......

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tecumseh the prophet 3 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
wow. 50% of Marriages Fail in US 4 hr ImPeach 72
Finally, Donald Trump Ousted from KKKloset 4 hr Mojo Risen 60
Trump Will Win Again in 2020 5 hr Mojo Risen 64
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 5 hr Reality Speaks 115
Is Trump sending DeVos' Brother's Private Milit... 5 hr Reality Speaks 4
Republican Politicians have Courted Rascism FOR... 5 hr Reality Speaks 83

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance