For 2016, Democrats hunt for a conven...

For 2016, Democrats hunt for a convention city

There are 142 comments on the CNN story from Feb 25, 2014, titled For 2016, Democrats hunt for a convention city. In it, CNN reports that:

As many as three dozen mayors from Atlanta to Sacramento received a letter earlier this month inquiring whether their cities were interested in hosting the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#23 Feb 25, 2014
Would Sodom and Gomorrah work?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#24 Feb 25, 2014
Frisco would be another option....lots of fruits and nuts there, the Dems will fit in nicely.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#26 Feb 25, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
San Fransico is easier for then to locate, and still gives the. Great chance of anal sex with a side of gonorrhea.
San Jose or Sacramento would be more likely. SF doesn't have an NBA/NHL arena
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#27 Feb 25, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I ask you, where do you think the food purchased with SNAP benefits comes from?
The same place as food purchased with one's own hard earned cash?

bow wow
Duke for Mayor

Dayton, OH

#28 Feb 25, 2014
Detroit or Chicago.

woof

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#30 Feb 25, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
San Fransico has all they queerness they desire.
DC is actually about as gay as SF
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#31 Feb 25, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The entitlement of more and more people thinking of food stamps as a gimme rather than a temporary hardship equates to farming how? Pretty sure farmers, particularly those families who have farmed for generations, do not share the same value system.
Yes I am sure you are correct that farmers hate making a living by growing food that people eat.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#32 Feb 25, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The entitlement of more and more people thinking of food stamps as a gimme rather than a temporary hardship equates to farming how? Pretty sure farmers, particularly those families who have farmed for generations, do not share the same value system.
Say "thank you" to the Farm Bill for the fact that the milk you buy isn't 7 dollars a gallon.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33 Feb 25, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Using that logic, please explain the current Medicare cuts to the old folks so that the young'uns birth control can be paid in full, if you please.
I am not sure what "logic" you are referring to relating to Medicare cuts or birth control.

I'm stating that food stamp recipients are not the only people who benefit from the snap program.

woof
foster

Ashburn, VA

#34 Feb 25, 2014
Wait what wrote:
I hope they do choose Columbus. I will work with the media on a human interest piece - showing examples of those affected by the new Obamacare rules (all of these examples are within the last month):
- The doctors and hospitals who now make you sign a statement that unless your deductible and copays are paid up front, you cannot be seen no matter the illness. I will then show the high deductibles required by the health exchanges, and how so many people can't begin to afford them.
- The Medicare patient who, having difficulty breathing, was told she had to pay $2,000 up-front per the terms of her policy at the ER before she could be seen. She negotiated to $1,000 so that she didn't have to go back home.
- The 63 year old single cardiac patient who can't afford the exchanges (elders are charged 3 times the rates and without a family don't get much, if any, in the way of advance tax credits) and did not quality for Medicaid (this person was actually UNDER-incomed). He will go without insurance this year and worry about the penalty when the time comes.
- The married mother of two who spoke to me yesterday in tears because employer-sponsored insurance has too high of a deductible, and the exchanges are unaffordable and they don't quality for Medicaid.
- The lower-income worker who has affordable premiums but has a deductible which adds up to 2.5 months' worth of take-home pay and lives paycheck to paycheck. This person, though insured, is not going to the doctor to get some things checked out which need to be checked out.
- The many elderly folks who are finding out that their medications are not covered (doughnut hole aside), and have to change medications which previously worked well for them.
- The health exchange participants who have to scramble to find a new doctor who will accept them as a new patient and who is contracted with their new plan, causing hardships for those who are unable to drive long distances due to time, money and vehicle constraints.
Bring it on, Dems. Bring. It. On.
all lies.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#35 Feb 25, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I merely corrected the uninformed poster, above.
Like him, millions of uninformed Americans believe the US government is handing out $1 TRILLION directly to rural American farmers, when the fact is that 80%[$800 BILLION] of that amount actually funds the food stamp program, which by the way, has quadrupled since FY2000...and doubled since 2008...and remains rife with fraud.
US taxpayers should know whose lifestyle they're funding.
Why do you say he was uninformed? What part of his post was incorrect?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#36 Feb 25, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
Detroit is the best convention city for the Democrat Party.
What city better represents run away spending till bankruptcy?
Unions running opportunity away?
retiring from public service for longer in years, than working for the public?
look how well all the entitlement spending worked?
My exact thought BEFORE I even opened the thread. Spot on. Detroit. I mean,'GM is alive and Bin Laden is dead.' Right?
foster

Ashburn, VA

#37 Feb 25, 2014
Can you verify $800 Billion of that $1 Trillion Farm Bill goes to SNAP?
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Like him, millions of uninformed Americans believe the US government is handing out $1 TRILLION directly to rural American farmers, when the fact is that 80%[$800 BILLION] of that amount actually funds the food stamp program, which by the way, has quadrupled since FY2000...and doubled since 2008...and remains rife with fraud.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#38 Feb 25, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what "logic" you are referring to relating to Medicare cuts or birth control.
I'm stating that food stamp recipients are not the only people who benefit from the snap program.
woof
Explain how the average, middle income tax payer benefits from SNAP.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#39 Feb 25, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The lifestyles of those receiving $1.50 a meal in SNAP is not bankrupting America. That is less than $5.00 a day.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#40 Feb 25, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
With the global, mobile, internet society, you can work without having a local job to go to.
Thats true but not a factor in rural state poverty and aid demands
foster

Ashburn, VA

#41 Feb 25, 2014
More Americans on the plain, in the South and along the Applacnain Region need that $1.50 a meal than any other region of the nation.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#42 Feb 25, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I ask you, where do you think the food purchased with SNAP benefits comes from?
http://sustainableagriculture.net/blog/2014-f...
woof
I know beer, ripple, and trips to the strip club don't come from farms.!!!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#43 Feb 25, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how the average, middle income tax payer benefits from SNAP.
OK Annie. If you would put on your thinking cap when I asked where food comes from you may have been able to figure it out for yourself, but here are a couple of hints:

http://www.eatdrinkpolitics.com/wp-content/up...

http://fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2012/jun/13/...

http://grist.org/locavore/thousands-more-farm...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#44 Feb 25, 2014
CZars_R_US wrote:
<quoted text>
I know beer, ripple, and trips to the strip club don't come from farms.!!!
Actually, the beer and ripple do indeed. Probably some of the strippers too.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffeny Marie Brown 3 hr Meat Loaf 2
News She packs a lot into daily session of home exer... (Feb '10) 3 hr Kevin 6
Eliz.Warren Slammed Hillary Bankruptcy Vote 6 hr They cannot kill ... 4
hey now, what is the news on pervert teachers 8 hr They cannot kill ... 13
News Sasquatch Watch searches for Bigfoot in W.Va. |... (Oct '09) 8 hr Hum 34
News Comfort-food restaurant Eagle Food & Beer Hall ... 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Why the British left EU 9 hr They cannot kill ... 22
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 12 hr Free Pizza 4 U 80
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 16 hr Coronal Stragedy 101
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages