For 2016, Democrats hunt for a convention city

Feb 25, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

As many as three dozen mayors from Atlanta to Sacramento received a letter earlier this month inquiring whether their cities were interested in hosting the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

Comments
1 - 20 of 142 Comments Last updated Feb 28, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Detroit is the best convention city for the Democrat Party.

What city better represents run away spending till bankruptcy?

Unions running opportunity away?

retiring from public service for longer in years, than working for the public?

look how well all the entitlement spending worked?
foster

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

Debt was no issue before Bush in 2001
Is there any bigger entitlement spending than the $1 Trillion Farm Bill for Rural America?
foster

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

How many Farms are located in Detriot?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

foster wrote:
How many Farms are located in Detriot?
What percentage of farm bill spending is dedicated to the food stamp program?
Don't post here again until you know the answer to that all-important question.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

foster wrote:
Debt was no issue before Bush in 2001
Is there any bigger entitlement spending than the $1 Trillion Farm Bill for Rural America?
Saul Alinsky lives! 80% of that bill is for food stamps if it is the same on you are writing about and the same on Obama is signing. If it is the same then we can get into the percentages of the food stamps and where they are collected as we choose red or blue.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Saul Alinsky lives! 80% of that bill is for food stamps if it is the same on you are writing about and the same on Obama is signing. If it is the same then we can get into the percentages of the food stamps and where they are collected as we choose red or blue.
Correct...80%.
The bill's name is a misnomer, as it should be called the "Food Stamp Bill."

We are ruled by the deceitful, as elected by the ignorant.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage of farm bill spending is dedicated to the food stamp program?
Don't post here again until you know the answer to that all-important question.
Why do you think that is important?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 25, 2014
 
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct...80%.
The bill's name is a misnomer, as it should be called the "Food Stamp Bill."
We are ruled by the deceitful, as elected by the ignorant.
Where do you think food comes from?

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 25, 2014
 
foster wrote:
How many Farms are located in Detriot?
they keep tearing Detroit down, and replacing it with farmland.

the number of farms is larger than new businesses opened in Detroit over past 5 years.

why do you ask?

Detroit or Chicago a perfect place to hold the Democratic Convention.

Have it in Obama's old community he organized in Chicago.

Chicago or Detroit is a great visual for low information voter types.

seeing fact, is much better than hearing lies.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think food comes from?
woof
grocery store?
foster

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage of farm bill spending is dedicated to the food stamp program?
Don't post here again until you know the answer to that all-important question.
less than 10%, most going to rural america
foster

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Saul Alinsky lives! 80% of that bill is for food stamps if it is the same on you are writing about and the same on Obama is signing. If it is the same then we can get into the percentages of the food stamps and where they are collected as we choose red or blue.
most snap benefits go to rural area citizens in red earming districts and states where there are no jobs

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that is important?
woof
Again, I merely corrected the uninformed poster, above.

Like him, millions of uninformed Americans believe the US government is handing out $1 TRILLION directly to rural American farmers, when the fact is that 80%[$800 BILLION] of that amount actually funds the food stamp program, which by the way, has quadrupled since FY2000...and doubled since 2008...and remains rife with fraud.

US taxpayers should know whose lifestyle they're funding.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Detroit
Camden
Newark
St. Louis
Mogadishu
Beijing
Tehran
Mecca
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 25, 2014
 
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I merely corrected the uninformed poster, above.
Like him, millions of uninformed Americans believe the US government is handing out $1 TRILLION directly to rural American farmers, when the fact is that 80%[$800 BILLION] of that amount actually funds the food stamp program, which by the way, has quadrupled since FY2000...and doubled since 2008...and remains rife with fraud.
US taxpayers should know whose lifestyle they're funding.
Once again I ask you, where do you think the food purchased with SNAP benefits comes from?

http://sustainableagriculture.net/blog/2014-f...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 25, 2014
 
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 25, 2014
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think food comes from?
woof
The entitlement of more and more people thinking of food stamps as a gimme rather than a temporary hardship equates to farming how? Pretty sure farmers, particularly those families who have farmed for generations, do not share the same value system.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again I ask you, where do you think the food purchased with SNAP benefits comes from?
http://sustainableagriculture.net/blog/2014-f...
woof
Using that logic, please explain the current Medicare cuts to the old folks so that the young'uns birth control can be paid in full, if you please.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

foster wrote:
<quoted text>
most snap benefits go to rural area citizens in red earming districts and states where there are no jobs
With the global, mobile, internet society, you can work without having a local job to go to.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

I hope they do choose Columbus. I will work with the media on a human interest piece - showing examples of those affected by the new Obamacare rules (all of these examples are within the last month):

- The doctors and hospitals who now make you sign a statement that unless your deductible and copays are paid up front, you cannot be seen no matter the illness. I will then show the high deductibles required by the health exchanges, and how so many people can't begin to afford them.

- The Medicare patient who, having difficulty breathing, was told she had to pay $2,000 up-front per the terms of her policy at the ER before she could be seen. She negotiated to $1,000 so that she didn't have to go back home.

- The 63 year old single cardiac patient who can't afford the exchanges (elders are charged 3 times the rates and without a family don't get much, if any, in the way of advance tax credits) and did not quality for Medicaid (this person was actually UNDER-incomed). He will go without insurance this year and worry about the penalty when the time comes.

- The married mother of two who spoke to me yesterday in tears because employer-sponsored insurance has too high of a deductible, and the exchanges are unaffordable and they don't quality for Medicaid.

- The lower-income worker who has affordable premiums but has a deductible which adds up to 2.5 months' worth of take-home pay and lives paycheck to paycheck. This person, though insured, is not going to the doctor to get some things checked out which need to be checked out.

- The many elderly folks who are finding out that their medications are not covered (doughnut hole aside), and have to change medications which previously worked well for them.

- The health exchange participants who have to scramble to find a new doctor who will accept them as a new patient and who is contracted with their new plan, causing hardships for those who are unable to drive long distances due to time, money and vehicle constraints.

Bring it on, Dems. Bring. It. On.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Almighty God OR rabid allah??? 4 min Poop Frances 9
Where are all the original legacy posters? 16 min E-Bob 83
Franklin County Court System 54 min They cannot kill ... 3
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Kasim 30,465
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Catman Dave 3,201
ISIS Flag Photo in Front of the White House 3 hr Enter Username 3
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 5 hr Disgraced 2,282
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••