State panela s boss forced out after romantic relationship with aide | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The interim head of the Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission was forced to resign last month after disclosure of a consensual relationship with an employee he supervised.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2011
Collins44

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Good move to get rid of these two government "workers" having their "affair" at tax payer expense, especially Jerry Maloon who was in a position of leadership. While this is acceptable under Democrats these types are being removed by this new "clean" administration. Goodbye Jerry and Deb and good riddance!
Ohio state worker

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Oh wow... if only those who were messing around in the office under Strickland had been purged from their jobs, the newspapers would have been full of these stories.
hamburger pimp

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

As my Uncle Tubby once said, never get your meat where you get your bread and butter.
Franklin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Collins44 wrote:
Good move to get rid of these two government "workers" having their "affair" at tax payer expense, especially Jerry Maloon who was in a position of leadership. While this is acceptable under Democrats these types are being removed by this new "clean" administration. Goodbye Jerry and Deb and good riddance!
What are you talking about? Maloon and his fellow asst prosecutors under Mike Miller and Ron O'Brien blatantly mixed business with pleasure while under the knowing eye of their Republican prosecutors. If this is a problem for Atty Gen Dewine, he needs to clean house of asst prosecutors hired from Franklin County.
Wow

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Funny - get booted out of a job over a peice of tail you can get anywhere.
State of Ohio Worker

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Those who do not follow the office policies are those who should be terminated from their positions. Someone tell me what policies are made for if it is only going to get those who follow them terminated from their positions.
State of Ohio Worker

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

More importantly stop violence in the work place. Doug Fry an investigator for the Ohio Organized Crime just a month before this kicked a co-workers desk, screamed in his face and slammed his door over being distraut over not being hired for a position he had applied for at OOCIC. This does not seem to be a concern for the Attorney General Mike Dewine's office but two people who self-report per Attorney General Mike DeWine's office policy are terminated.
State of Ohio Worker

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Collins44 wrote:
Good move to get rid of these two government "workers" having their "affair" at tax payer expense, especially Jerry Maloon who was in a position of leadership. While this is acceptable under Democrats these types are being removed by this new "clean" administration. Goodbye Jerry and Deb and good riddance!
Where is the wrongdoing at tax payers expense?
Cinderfella

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

2

State of Ohio Worker wrote:
More importantly stop violence in the work place. Doug Fry an investigator for the Ohio Organized Crime just a month before this kicked a co-workers desk, screamed in his face and slammed his door over being distraut over not being hired for a position he had applied for at OOCIC. This does not seem to be a concern for the Attorney General Mike Dewine's office but two people who self-report per Attorney General Mike DeWine's office policy are terminated.
Sure, they self reported in February, 2011 about an affair that started in the office in 2008. Don't you think their self-reporting was because they got caught and they were trying to mitigate the damages?
Cinderfella

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

5

2

2

State of Ohio Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the wrongdoing at tax payers expense?
It is my tax dollars that are paying their salaries! As an attorney, he is held to a higher standard of ethical behavior by virtue of holding a license to practice law in the state of Ohio. There is this language in the Ohio Bar's code about "moral turpitude" that comes into play here. Why should we have to pay the salary of someone who can't abide by the laws he has sworn to uphold? Just an FYI several months ago there were stories on here about Maloon's involvement in a questionable raid. Look in the forums if you don't believe me.
FellowAG

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Maloon and his fellow asst prosecutors under Mike Miller and Ron O'Brien blatantly mixed business with pleasure while under the knowing eye of their Republican prosecutors. If this is a problem for Atty Gen Dewine, he needs to clean house of asst prosecutors hired from Franklin County.
Correction....he also needs to look at the relatives of said prosecutors whose Daddy bought them a job at the Ohio AG's office under Strickland.
hamburger pimp

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 31, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

State of Ohio Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the wrongdoing at tax payers expense?
They might have broken or left stains on state-owned office furniture during their amorous couplings.
JerryS

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 31, 2011
 
State of Ohio Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the wrongdoing at tax payers expense?
Are you really that uninformed about the law or are you just posting this because you are a friend of "Deb and Jerry?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Ferguson, Missouri, different kinds of prote... 9 min They cannot kill ... 16
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 21 min Anonymous of Indy 74
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 29 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,256
Welcome to Columbus: Ohio stinks for women 35 min Cordwainer Trout 3
Morning Roundup: Sears could close even more st... 40 min Duke for Mayor 2
Need help 47 min Duke for Mayor 2
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Liar 2,275
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 2 hr Neutral Party 233

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••