You'll Soon Have To Drive 55 On I-70 ...

You'll Soon Have To Drive 55 On I-70 | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 187 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jul 25, 2011, titled You'll Soon Have To Drive 55 On I-70 | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Columbus City Council voted on Monday to decrease the speed limit along Interstate 70 on the west side to 55 mph.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
dumb just dumb

Pickerington, OH

#1 Jul 25, 2011
Can't wait to see what traffics like.... like it aint bad enough now...
robert

Naperville, IL

#2 Jul 25, 2011
Keep hold of your wallets. The columbus money making machine has found a new toy to shake you down with. Guess DUI's and parking tickets aren't enough to pay the bills.
Rob

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 25, 2011
i'm sure the real reason is they decided it was safer to create another speed trap than to go chase crooks.
qasimoto

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 25, 2011
Really? one bad decision after another......becuase 55 really worked on 670 wouldn't you agree....freeways are made to go from point A to Point B in a little time as possible. no speed reduction can compensate for stupid drivers.
------GAR------1 42-------

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 25, 2011
Way pass time to reduce the speedlimit to 55.

Hope they have sense enough to reduce it starting/ending at S.R.33.....
Scott W

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 25, 2011
Yepperz "they did a study" and "too many crashes" are euphemistic for "revenue opportunity" IMO. Here's an idea - let's give all the ticket revenue for that stretch to those injured over the past few years and not to the city or take points and no fine$. I guess I'll start taking 670 or 270 around instead of I-70. The only backups I see are on the straight parts of I-70 East bound in the morning and in the split (which is already 55mph).
We have to pay for the Scioto Mile and Red, White and Boom somehow....
Scott W

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 25, 2011
It could be worse though - almost 70% of Indianapolis' outer belt (465) is 55mph - the locals very, rarely speed along the beltway too easy to get stopped/cited.

Look on the bright side though - think of the added MPG you'll be getting when you get run over by an 18wheeler!
Opinion

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 25, 2011
Why don't we just get out and walk. It is not the speed but the people on cell phones and texting and the ones that just don't know how to drive.
Lee

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Jul 25, 2011
Where's the map, detailing the stretch of 70 that is affected?
slow poke

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 25, 2011
------GAR------142------- wrote:
Way pass time to reduce the speedlimit to 55.
Hope they have sense enough to reduce it starting/ending at S.R.33.....
Why not make it 40? You can never be too safe.
------GAR------1 42-------

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 25, 2011
Lee wrote:
Where's the map, detailing the stretch of 70 that is affected?
East & westbound I-70(E), between S.18th (Childrens Hospital) and HOPEFULLY U.S.33..(College/Winchester Pk.)
Which is it

Galloway, OH

#12 Jul 25, 2011
One part of the article was about reducing speed. In the next sentence it talked about reducing the noise level. Which is it? Or does the city even know? There was no mention as to which part of 70 would be affected, there is no mention of the "curve" location, although I would assume its the one by the former Cooper Stadium site. Time will tell.
robert

Naperville, IL

#13 Jul 25, 2011
I guess Sammy Haggar won't be coming to town anytime soon
think about it

Bellefontaine, OH

#14 Jul 25, 2011
Why not just close it and build slums you democrat idiots.
Retired

Mccormick, SC

#15 Jul 25, 2011
You are kidding. Ohio "you are lagging behind". It isn't what I would call an interstate, If there are so many crashes-straighten the curve. You might at some of your dangerous ramps onto the interstate.
Good Grief

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 25, 2011
Speed is no more a factor than people texting, talking, and messing with their radio.

City officials are FIRST CLASS CROOKS. Cha Ching
FactChecker

Pickerington, OH

#17 Jul 25, 2011
Why did the header tab for this story say "Bank Robbery"?
Sammy Hagar

Westerville, OH

#18 Jul 25, 2011
I can't drive 55...
Wow

Westerville, OH

#19 Jul 25, 2011
Perhaps we should make it a car and truck free zone... We can do it in the name of public safety. Heck perhaps we can even get a light rail people mover so we won't have to walk.
vote them out

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 25, 2011
revenue enhancement,by way of speed traps and red
light cameras. they gotta pay for the scioto mile
and all the hand outs they give to the inner city
poor people. you know the people that have everything handed to them on a platter. those democrats gotta keep them happy so they will get thier votes.
well lets send a message come election time and get rid of coleman and company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men in the Girls Bathroom 1 hr UTrashy 400
News Joe Biden's Columbus destination: Jeni's Ice Cream 1 hr Three Psyche 35
Democraps....the party of rape 1 hr schlongfest 16
ABC this Week 3 hr schlongfest 2
Donald Trump Big Liar 3 hr schlongfest 12
Joyce Hazelrigg (Feb '13) 9 hr Old sailor 8
Drumpf: Narcissistic Welfare King 9 hr d pants 35
Federal lands in America 9 hr d pants 169
More from around the web

Personal Finance