First Prev
of 7
Next Last
REAL American

Columbus, OH

#127 Nov 25, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, dummy. Why do you think the military offers tuition, career training and retirement benefits? They're called incentives. The military is an employer. People enter the military out of self-interest everyday.
Now, when did you serve again?
Don't try to change the subject. We are talking about Chickenhawk George, who thinks young Americans should put themselves in harm's way around the world so he can have cheap gas.

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#128 Nov 25, 2012
Little NanoNano Cleavon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumber than pigeon guano and batsh!t crazy.
Really? Eliminate college tuition benefits that one gets for joining the military and see what the enlistment figures look like in a few months.
notlocal

AOL

#129 Nov 25, 2012
REAL American wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I've felt small my entire life.
Well stop that now. There's a little bad in the best of us and a little good in the worse of us. I'm sure someone depends on you even if you don't know it.
notlocal

AOL

#130 Nov 25, 2012
REAL American wrote:
<quoted text>
I served customers at McD's earlier today.
As long as you did it with a smile.
Little NanoNano Cleavon

Columbus, OH

#131 Nov 25, 2012
George makes me feel soooooo little.
REAL American

Columbus, OH

#132 Nov 25, 2012
I am a f***ing liar.
REAL American

Columbus, OH

#134 Nov 25, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
So your uncles joined the National Guard, during a time of no war, to get themselves a free education? How noble.
But George took he other route, without government assistance, got his eductaion and built his career. The cad!
You may want to watch where you step when you don't have all the facts. I know he has a security clearance.
No, the military, like college, is not for everyone. Unless the country is actively engaged in a fearsome war, I see no reason why it makes one a better or lesser person if they chose not to enlist. MANY good Americans never served in the military. Many criminals have.
You can't make any general statements like that.
Jesus Christ, why not just flip off the Unknown Soldier while you're ranting?

I don't begrudge veterans a dime of their benefits. They earned it, whether they served during peace or war. Nor do I attempt to ride their coattails as Chickenhawk George the rear-echelon saber-rattler does.

Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!

Hilliard, OH

#135 Nov 25, 2012
REAL American wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to change the subject. We are talking about Chickenhawk George, who thinks young Americans should put themselves in harm's way around the world so he can have cheap gas.
We could have cheap gas from our own oil reserves, but we don't. Why is that, lefty?
Nobody is forced to join the military. And I see your beloved Obama getting them killed in Afghanistan at a rate 200% higher than when Bush was in office.
Now, when did you serve?

Hilliard, OH

#136 Nov 25, 2012
REAL American wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't begrudge veterans a dime of their benefits. They earned it, whether they served during peace or war. Nor do I attempt to ride their coattails as Chickenhawk George the rear-echelon saber-rattler does.
Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!
Sorry, tool...US citizens are allowed opinions on the military, its use and the relationships this nation has with others. Tough sh!t if you disapprove of our positions.
notlocal

AOL

#137 Nov 25, 2012
REAL American wrote:
I am a f***ing liar.
Yeah, I figured. But it never hurts to do the right thing even if it is for the wrong reason or wrong person. Take the high road and all that....
Karl

Medina, OH

#139 Nov 25, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, tool...US citizens are allowed opinions on the military, its use and the relationships this nation has with others. Tough sh!t if you disapprove of our positions.
George, its the left, they think that only the Bob Kerreys, John Kerrys, Joe Sestaks, and RINO Powells are allowed to have opinions.

When an Oliver North shows up...
notlocal

AOL

#140 Nov 25, 2012
REAL American wrote:
<quoted text>
Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!
LOL You call that ranting? I'm not even ruffled.

I take offense at you suggesting I am 'flipping off' any military. Or anyone at all, while we're on the subject.

For all you know I could be active or retired myself. I certainly have relatives, past and present, who fought and served.

Who is riding on coattails?(other than Obama on Seal Team 6's) That's just stupid.

Truth: Good men have served and really rotten criminals have served in our military. Ever hear about the American G.I.'s selling weapons to the Viet Cong?

Now do you think for one minute I should respect Gen. Petarus, knowing what we know now? And I don't care who he slept with. He was head of the CIA on 9-11-12. He let Americans die and lied about it on 9-14-12. And why? For politcal reasons. We can do better.

Once again, the uniform did not make the man.

Hilliard, OH

#141 Nov 25, 2012
Circular Firing Squad wrote:
<quoted text>
As™hat, the only reason that the death rate in Afghanistan was lower under Bush/Cheney is that they sent 100,000 of those US Troops to Iraq where 4500+ were killed in a mindless unnecessary war based on lies. The death rate there was in Iraq was greater than anything since Vietnam.... which is NOT something of which the US should be proud.
You are dumber than we thought if you try to use crap statistics like that to justify your convoluted logic.
Ask for more anti-psychotic meds and a diaper change. FOOL.
Have a look at the numbers just in Afghanistan, moron:

Number of US forces killed in Afghanistan:

Under Bush, October, 2001 - January, 2009: 630
Under Obama, February 2009 - Present: 1528

"Crap statistics," huh?
notlocal

AOL

#142 Nov 25, 2012
Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
George, its the left, they think that only the Bob Kerreys, John Kerrys, Joe Sestaks, and RINO Powells are allowed to have opinions.
When an Oliver North shows up...
Colin Powell. Another one with feet of clay.
Life is Good

Delaware, OH

#143 Nov 26, 2012
notlocal wrote:
<quoted text>
Colin Powell. Another one with feet of clay.
How did you sleep when Colin Powell was in charge?
Johnson Microscopic

Columbus, OH

#144 Nov 26, 2012
Life is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you sleep when Colin Powell was in charge?
When was Colin Powell president?

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#145 Nov 26, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Long story short, by the late '70s, the military was a very unattractive proposition for ambitious young men. Now as you mentioned, things changed significantly by 1990, due in large part to the rebuilding of the military by Reagan and the new found respect the public was extending to members of the armed forces.
I guess it all depends on what one's goals were at the time. I joined the A.F. in 1978, due to getting great ASVAB scores, I was put into a very specialized field which translated to some great income after 4 years and gave me a leg up on my BSEE. I know several people who joined around the same time as I did and got great training that was worth money in the civilian world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To many kids dieing 14 min Seriouslady 10
Unaccompanied kids escape Central America to un... 26 min Pope Che Reagan C... 9
Mother Shot Over Tennis Shoes 40 min yeah baby yeah 1
Akron man charged in sex trafficking a minor ca... 44 min yeah baby yeah 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 44 min Go Blue Forever 3,313
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 30,957
where is George of Hilliard? 1 hr RU_Kiddingme 9
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Hmmmmm 2,423
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 9 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 181
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000