Counting the Ways the Media Lies About the Economy
Posted in the Columbus Forum
“animis opibusque parati”
Since: Oct 12
#1 Feb 3, 2013
by John Nolte, Breitbart
Pop quiz: What was the biggest news story this week? And I don't mean, what was the biggest news story according to Obama's media.
Obviously, it was the economy taking a nosedive into negative territory last quarter, along with the fact that hardly enough jobs were created last month to keep up with population growth. Oh, and the unemployment rate increased. Of course the economy is the biggest story; it affects the most people and Obama's doing it wrong.
But not only is the media never-minding the economy, much of the media coverage related to economic bad news is forever being spun into good news. A few examples
- Politico saw the jobs numbers as something that "could soothe some of the renewed economic anxiety in Washington[.]"
- The AP saw the jobs numbers as proof "[t]he U.S. job market is proving sturdier than expected" and "mostly encouraging."
- CBS News wants to assure all of us that the "[l]atest job numbers signal economic recovery."
- Yahoo News says, "Don't Be Fooled by the GDP Report: The Economy Is Gaining Strength"
You can add all that to what we documented yesterday.
Granted, some in the media took the report a little more seriously, but they still joined the coordinated wagon-circling to ensure bad news for Obama in no way became The Narrative -- for that might damage Obama politically, and he's on a left-wing cultural rampage against those God and guns Bitter Clingers, donchaknow.
What youre seeing from the media isn't happy talk, and it's not bias; it's shamelessly dishonest propaganda -- it's the media nakedly saying, "The chocolate ration has been increased from 30 to 25 grams per week."
How do you like these chocolate rations:
1. Poverty's increasing.
2. Gas prices have almost doubled.
3. The price of health care premiums has exploded and will only explode more (but-but-but Obama said !)
4. Poor and middle class incomes are falling.
5. 1-in-5 Americans are on food stamps.
6. The non-partisan GAO says Obama's exploding deficit is unsustainable.
7. 8 million people are looking for work.
8. Our labor force has shrunk to 30-year levels (170k more dropped out last month).
9. Chronic unemployment hasn't been this bad since World War II.
10. The long-term unemployment rate is over 14%, and if the labor force was merely the same size today as it was the day Obama took office, today's unemployment rate would be closer to 11%.
When's the last time the media talked about any of that? But what Economic Narrative does the media obsess over? Naturally, the only news that can be spun into wonderfulness for Lightbringer: Wall Street, baby!
Oh my, it's a whole new world. Suddenly the media loves the idea of the rich getting richer. But why are the rich getting richer? It's not the economy, stupid -- it's The Fed -- pumpity, pumpity, pumpity pump. It's nothing more than an ongoing boob job to take our eyes off the line for government cheese.
And after the media's done shouting squirrel at the Dow, it then turns around and lies explains that any hiccups in the economy were caused by the fact that The State didn't spend enough last quarter. If the State were bigger, more powerful, and taking more money out of the private economy The Twenties Will Roar Again!
You see, children America *furrows brow* the reason the GDP collapsed *scratches beard* is due to the fact our blessed State is not spending us into bankruptcy fast enough. It was the decrease in government spending last quarter *adjusts prescription-less smart-person glasses* that hurt our economy. But if we listen to Dear Leader *leans, forward, entwines fingers* and increase the power of The State *smiles warmly* chocolate rations will increase from 25 to 20 grams.
We're being told that, even though, uhm, federal spending increased last quarter.
Obama's abysmal record in all things not involving killing Osama bin Laden, has forced the media to move from bias into outright lying.
“animis opibusque parati”
Since: Oct 12
#2 Feb 3, 2013
The media doesnt care about the poor or the ongoing creation of Two Americas. All the media cares about is protecting The State and making sure nothing saps Obama's political power.
You see, should Obama be politically damaged, the media thinks to its wicked self, churches won't be forced to violate their conscience, the NRA might not be damaged, Bitter Clingers might keep their guns, The State might shrink, and the GOP might not be destroyed in time for Obama to control absolutely everything after 2014.
Now that the media and The State have aligned, we live in a world where the economy is good -- not because it's good -- but because the media and the White House say it's good.
So shut up and eat your chocolate, racists.
Add your comments below
|Thieves ram U-Haul into Louis Vuitton store in ...||2 hr||shadow_hunter||10|
|im not her! â¹ï¸||2 hr||Duke for Mayor||30|
|Hillary Clinton tried to avoid President Trump'...||3 hr||Mudd, James Mudd||4|
|Christmas Will Win!||4 hr||Duke for Mayor||33|
|Fox renewed O'Reilly's contract after he paid a...||5 hr||Big Daddy||2|
|The Scarlett One||6 hr||Lonelyone87||3|
|What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit||7 hr||Big Daddy||186|
Find what you want!
Search Columbus Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC