We have previously had those discussions here and I brought out the very same points. Then you have the fact that words mean different things to different people.Basically, the average libertarian is a stupid and disorganized person.
I consider myself a libertarian because I want efficient government and low taxes.
I have also pointed out that the worst parts of our local area are no government places, while the high tax, high government parts of town tend to be the nicest areas.
That said, let's take a look at the each individual question in the survey:
1. Government should not censor speech, press, media, or internet.
I FOR ALL FREE SPEECH.
2. Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft.
I'M NOT SENDING MY KIDS TO SPILL BLOOD FOR THE JEWS.
3. There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults.
50/50 ON THIS ONE. AS WE ALL CAN SEE, THE WHEELS HAVE FALLEN OFF OF SOCIETY SINCE EVERYBODY WENT TO FREE LOVE AND FREE SEX.
4. Repeal laws prohibiting adult possession and use of drugs.
THEY'RE DOING DRUGS ANYWAY.
5. There should be no National ID card.
THERE ALREADY IS - IT'S CALLED YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.
1. End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business.
2. End government barriers to international free trade.
50/50 - FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE. WE SHOULD PUT UP BARRIERS WHERE BARRIERS ARE PUT UP AGAINST AMERICAN COMPANIES.
3. Let people control their own retirement; privatize Social Security.
THEORETICALLY, YES. IN REALITY, HOWEVER, PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID TO SAVE FOR RETIREMENT SO THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME CONTROL. OTHERWISE, WE ARE STILL GOING TO GET STUCK WITH THE TAB FOR THEIR RETIREMENT.
4. Replace government welfare with private charity.
THEORETICALLY, YES. BUT NOT PRACTICAL IN TODAY'S AGE.
5. Cut taxes and government spending by 50% or more.