Fast Food Workers Strike for Higher W...

Fast Food Workers Strike for Higher Wages

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#3 Aug 31, 2013
Pale Rider won't
Reynoldsburger No Onion

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Aug 31, 2013
I have never seen anybody in fast food doing a $15/hour job.
Dollar Watch

Cleveland, OH

#5 Aug 31, 2013
Reynoldsburger No Onion wrote:
I have never seen anybody in fast food doing a $15/hour job.
The managers don't even make that amount!
Want a bigger salary?
GO TO SCHOOL!
And even then you're lucky if you can find a job.....depending what your degree is in.
Walt

United States

#6 Aug 31, 2013
Neutral Party wrote:
McDonald's workers say that the minimum wage isn't enough to support a family. Say they need to double their wages to live.
First of all, working in fast food was never intended to be life long career. It was an entry level to get spending $ while going to school to improve ones situation, not support a family.
This is more an indication of poor economic policies of an administration that has let down its citizens. Wait until they have to get their own health insurances working 30 hours a week
Are you willing to pay twice as much for fast food?
admin didn't let them down. These uneducated people let themselves down. Get a different job you dummies and stop whining. Or maybe you listen to the dramatized news saying there's no jobs...
Walt

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2013
Dollar Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
The managers don't even make that amount!
Want a bigger salary?
GO TO SCHOOL!
And even then you're lucky if you can find a job.....depending what your degree is in.
a DEGREE is NOT impressive. Knowledge IS...
Enzyte Bob

United States

#8 Aug 31, 2013
Walt, you of all people should understand the positives of working in fast food. Great way to meet girls in high school since they are a lot of your coworkers.

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 31, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>a DEGREE is NOT impressive. Knowledge IS...
The college of hard knocks is the best, but unfortunately, most high paying jobs require a degree.
I know a lot of people with degrees and have no common sense.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#10 Aug 31, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
The college of hard knocks is the best, but unfortunately, most high paying jobs require a degree.
I know a lot of people with degrees and have no common sense.
Most employers don't care what course of study the degree is in, as long as you have one.
Walt

United States

#11 Aug 31, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Walt, you of all people should understand the positives of working in fast food. Great way to meet girls in high school since they are a lot of your coworkers.
So is the auto painting industry George

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most employers don't care what course of study the degree is in, as long as you have one.
Well, don't you think the degree should be in or close to the field you want to work in?
For instance, a person with a teaching degree wouldn't be hired for an engineers job....
Still common sense rules in all cases

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#13 Aug 31, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, don't you think the degree should be in or close to the field you want to work in?
For instance, a person with a teaching degree wouldn't be hired for an engineers job....
Still common sense rules in all cases
It would certainly help if you had a degree related the the field in which you want to work. For some, any old sheepskin will do.
Seriouslady

AOL

#14 Aug 31, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, don't you think the degree should be in or close to the field you want to work in?
For instance, a person with a teaching degree wouldn't be hired for an engineers job....
Still common sense rules in all cases
It does. And some of the highest paying jobs are in the trades where no degree is required but experience is invaluable.

A year of experience is worth three of classes, is what I say and have experienced. My education has served me well, but is not as important as the on the job experience I've had.

But getting back to fast food wages,if all you have accomplished by age 32 is to have two children and get a job at McDonalds to support them, Your mistakes were made by you a long time ago.

If this country does not get back to a cohesive family unit being the norm, in all races, it's doomed.

Entitlements are bad, bad, bad for any society.
Walt

United States

#15 Aug 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would certainly help if you had a degree related the the field in which you want to work. For some, any old sheepskin will do.
a degree has NO value if you dont have knowledge to back it up.

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16 Aug 31, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It does. And some of the highest paying jobs are in the trades where no degree is required but experience is invaluable.
A year of experience is worth three of classes, is what I say and have experienced. My education has served me well, but is not as important as the on the job experience I've had.
But getting back to fast food wages,if all you have accomplished by age 32 is to have two children and get a job at McDonalds to support them, Your mistakes were made by you a long time ago.
If this country does not get back to a cohesive family unit being the norm, in all races, it's doomed.
Entitlements are bad, bad, bad for any society.
Experience is great and sometimes counts more toward a career than having none. I liked college but when I put my knowledge into action, it clicked and everything fell into place. Hands on is the best teacher.

Hope you're having a nice holiday weekend!

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#17 Aug 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would certainly help if you had a degree related the the field in which you want to work. For some, any old sheepskin will do.
That's why everyone has to take a diverse agenda of pre requisites....to be an all around person...

Any fun plans for weekend?

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#18 Aug 31, 2013
Walt wrote:
<quoted text>So is the auto painting industry George
And just how do you pick up little girls by painting cars? Remember, you are being watched.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#19 Aug 31, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why everyone has to take a diverse agenda of pre requisites....to be an all around person...
Any fun plans for weekend?
Gonna start by taking a cruise on 1100 cc's of two wheel fun, then see what transpires after that.

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20 Aug 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna start by taking a cruise on 1100 cc's of two wheel fun, then see what transpires after that.
Ooooooo! Have fun!!

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#21 Aug 31, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>And just how do you pick up little girls by painting cars? Remember, you are being watched.
Hey Dave!
What's going on this long weekend for you?
What's cookin?
Walt

United States

#23 Aug 31, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna start by taking a cruise on 1100 cc's of two wheel fun, then see what transpires after that.
Yeah! Your 2 wheel cruise is in a wheelchair!! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Cat Lovers Only! 1 hr They cannot kill ... 172
Ashley Ross 5 hr tony triplett 3
They're Shooting News Reporters On Live TV 6 hr d pants 66
Obama names Mt McKinley, Denali 6 hr d pants 10
Annie THINKS HER EXPERIENCES ARE ENIQUE & BEYON... 7 hr Phil McCracken 11
AN ODE TO billary! 7 hr nominated_1 40
Man shot near Ferguson protest….. 7 hr d pants 243
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages