Speed limits outside Cleveland will hit 70 mph on July 1

May 22, 2013 Full story: The Plain Dealer 12

Signs showing a 70 mph speed limit, posted on the Ohio Turnpike since 2011, will be coming soon to stretches of Ohio's interstates.

Full Story
Clueless

Cleveland, OH

#1 May 22, 2013
Thanks. Now people will have to slow down.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#2 May 22, 2013
Nope. If the speed limit is 70, that means people will drive 75 to 80.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 May 22, 2013
If anybody thinks anyone will slow down in the urban areas after July 1, they are completely nuts.
Zoe

Circleville, OH

#4 May 22, 2013
I wouldn't drive through Cleveland at less than 70 mph, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive. Cleveland is a cesspool!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#5 May 22, 2013
Zoe wrote:
I wouldn't drive through Cleveland at less than 70 mph, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive. Cleveland is a cesspool!
Nobody will bother you here unless you go into the ghetto itself. In Ohio, we are armed and ready to use our firearms if needed.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#6 Jul 25, 2013
Zoe wrote:
I wouldn't drive through Cleveland at less than 70 mph, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive. Cleveland is a cesspool!
I agree. Originally lived in Cleveland. The freeways are a death trap and an absolute cesspool.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#7 Jul 25, 2013
Now you'll be able to be somewhere about 5-10 minutes earlier. However, consider the extra fuel used and especially the extra cost. One thing which I haven't noticed in any article about the new speed limit is the increase in taxes which Ohio will be collecting. More fuel used = more fuel purchased = more taxes collected!
Enzyte Bob

United States

#8 Jul 25, 2013
Metro Cleveland is a good to great place. Just like Metro Detroit. City of Cleveland should follow Detroit into being refarmed.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#9 Jul 25, 2013
Frugalady wrote:
Now you'll be able to be somewhere about 5-10 minutes earlier. However, consider the extra fuel used and especially the extra cost. One thing which I haven't noticed in any article about the new speed limit is the increase in taxes which Ohio will be collecting. More fuel used = more fuel purchased = more taxes collected!
10 minutes coming and going is a significant chunk of your day. it is even more relevant driving to Florida where you can shave an hour or two from your trip.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#10 Jul 25, 2013
Just as an aside, people need to stop thinking of cities and think of metro areas. Detroit is only about 1/3 of Wayne County and 700,000 people. Metro Detroit is 8 or 9 counties and about 4,000,000 people. Some parts of metro Detroit rival any place else in the US for wealth.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 25, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Just as an aside, people need to stop thinking of cities and think of metro areas. Detroit is only about 1/3 of Wayne County and 700,000 people. Metro Detroit is 8 or 9 counties and about 4,000,000 people. Some parts of metro Detroit rival any place else in the US for wealth.
Don't get hey now all riled up.

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#12 Jul 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody will bother you here unless you go into the ghetto itself. In Ohio, we are armed and ready to use our firearms if needed.
I agree. Although I don't live any where near Cleveland, the bad element is spilling into the beautiful suburbs, house by house.
I'm ready.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama slams Christianity at prayer breakfast 9 min Leabrand 674
Cat Don't Go 1 hr d pantz 4
What ails the black family? Hard realities! 1 hr d pantz 185
School Funding Facts 2 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Pam BizzyBee Linda Catman and all other nice pe... 2 hr d pantz 96
North Korea 2 hr d pantz 47
Mistaken Identity May Have Been Factor In Fatal... 2 hr Columbus Cow Town 1
America needs Jesus Christ and the Word of God 4 hr d pantz 61
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:50 am PST

NFL 8:50AM
Josh McCown: I want to help Manziel as much as I can
CBS Sports 2:08 PM
Josh McCown signing with Browns puts Bills in tough spot at QB
Bleacher Report 3:30 AM
Bengals' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Browns' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
ESPN 9:25 AM
McCown expects to start at QB for Browns