Pam

Plain City, OH

#123 Feb 2, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I am an Eagle Scout and far from gay.
I don't mind the Boy Scouts letting gays into scouting or allowing gay scout masters.
Scouts already have rules in place to prevent any molestation. Scouts and scout masters never sleep in the same tents or quarters.
I think the more scouts the better. If more kids were involved in scouting we'd have less teenagers gang banging, doing drugs, and causing trouble.
The problem is many Mormons are scouts. The Mormon church has threatened in the past that if gays are allowed in scouting that they will pull out of Boy Scouts and start their own organization.
After what closet gay Jerry Sandusky did to little boys in the Penn State showers it is foolish to expose little boys to this sort of behvior.

Just say no before we have more Jerry Sandusky's preying on children.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#124 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...and the above post applies to you, too -- you, who believes the Dispatch's single series on teacher sex offenders equates with the decade-long, search-and-destroy assault on the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church is a good bit larger than any individual school system, possibly even than the entire Ohio School System. And the Catholic Church has not always been wholly cooperative with making changes or providing records.

There are individuals within the Catholic Church who HAVE taken the systemic abuse quite seriously. 60 Minutes did a piece not long ago about a Bishop who agreed to meet with abuse victims.

I would also hold that much of the behavior of the Catholic Church was typical of thinking in a good many places--that it was best to make the least fuss possible. If nobody said anything perhaps the kid would forget and that once caught the abuser would learn from mistakes. This happened over and over again in families, in schools, and in Protestant churches, as well as the BSA. But, there is a difference between smaller organizations who got rid of the abuser without taking any formal legal action and those who were large enough to foster geographic cures by moving the abuser to another site.

Location hidden

#125 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you acknowledge the known larger problem existing among teachers and Muslims, nothing you say has any credibility.
You and your split-personality, Che, are Catholic-haters of the first degree.
You got any current data on Muslim pedophilia?

Location hidden

#126 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The children of conservatives don't spend their lives trying to discover who they are.
They were taught from birth who they are and how important that is in the grand plan.
You saying that there are no gay offspring of conservatives?

LOL!

Location hidden

#127 Feb 2, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
After what closet gay Jerry Sandusky did to little boys in the Penn State showers it is foolish to expose little boys to this sort of behvior.
Just say no before we have more Jerry Sandusky's preying on children.
Questionable whether or not Sandusky was gay. Many pedophiles don't discriminate but prey on available and vulnerable children of an attractive age.

But, Jerry Sandusky certainly never presented as gay. He looked to most of the world like a married man and father.

Exactly what would have kept him out of the BSA?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#128 Feb 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is a good bit larger than any individual school system, possibly even than the entire Ohio School System. And the Catholic Church has not always been wholly cooperative with making changes or providing records.
There are individuals within the Catholic Church who HAVE taken the systemic abuse quite seriously. 60 Minutes did a piece not long ago about a Bishop who agreed to meet with abuse victims.
I would also hold that much of the behavior of the Catholic Church was typical of thinking in a good many places--that it was best to make the least fuss possible. If nobody said anything perhaps the kid would forget and that once caught the abuser would learn from mistakes. This happened over and over again in families, in schools, and in Protestant churches, as well as the BSA. But, there is a difference between smaller organizations who got rid of the abuser without taking any formal legal action and those who were large enough to foster geographic cures by moving the abuser to another site.
Public school students -- the overwhelming majority of America's children -- spend 7-9 hrs., 5 days/wk, 36 wks/yr...under the control of public school employees.

You're just a Catholic-hater, too, eh?

Location hidden

#129 Feb 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You got any current data on Muslim pedophilia?
Ask 8-yr old Aisha.
Her husband was and is the model Muslims follow.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#130 Feb 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You saying that there are no gay offspring of conservatives?
LOL!
Ever heard of the prodigal son?
Some choose the broken road.
But they have no excuse for it.

Location hidden

#131 Feb 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Questionable whether or not Sandusky was gay. Many pedophiles don't discriminate but prey on available and vulnerable children of an attractive age.
But, Jerry Sandusky certainly never presented as gay. He looked to most of the world like a married man and father.
Exactly what would have kept him out of the BSA?
Enough of your ridiculous defense of homosexuals.
Same-sex acts are classified as homosexual.
The End.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#132 Feb 2, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Really brilliant to paint everyone with the same brush. Doesn't mommy have a play date scheduledd for you today, Che?
You are extraordinarily slow on the uptake.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#133 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...and the above post applies to you, too -- you, who believes the Dispatch's single series on teacher sex offenders equates with the decade-long, search-and-destroy assault on the Catholic Church.
You object, not to the rape of children, but that someone finally pulled back the curtain on the Church's dirty little secret. Marone.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#134 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The children of conservatives don't spend their lives trying to discover who they are.
They were taught from birth who they are and how important that is in the grand plan.
Sex objects for authority figures?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#135 Feb 2, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you learn about what happened in the Toledo Diocese. While it took years for prosecution to occur, it did. One priest is in prison. More were de-frocked and removed.
In the general population, coverup also occurs.
Penn State ring a bell?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/29/world/europ...
http://ktla.com/local-news/stories/lausd-teac...
Need more? Google, it's your friend.
Well, that makes it A-Ok then. I wonder if all of those confessions given to and communions taken from that rapist priest are void.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#136 Feb 2, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mad eh....LOL
My what?

Location hidden

#137 Feb 2, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You object, not to the rape of children, but that someone finally pulled back the curtain on the Church's dirty little secret. Marone.
What I object to is the blatantly biased reporting, considering the proven greater risk within the public schools, which are also guilty of cover-ups, transfers and early retirements.

Location hidden

#138 Feb 2, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex objects for authority figures?
Did Sister Mary Frances beat your butt with a Bible...for your vile mouth?

Location hidden

#139 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What I object to is the blatantly biased reporting, considering the proven greater risk within the public schools, which are also guilty of cover-ups, transfers and early retirements.
And, of course...the automatic pass given to Islamists [i.e., "it's a cultural thing"].

Stand on principle. Or don't. Simple as that.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#140 Feb 2, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that makes it A-Ok then. I wonder if all of those confessions given to and communions taken from that rapist priest are void.
I don't think anyone said it was ok or condoned it, Ms. Thick Skull.

I do think that a few of us are trying to tell you that pedophilia occurs across a broad swath of society and that coverups happen through a broad swath of society. The Catholic Church, being an organization composed of humans, isn't immune from it.

So should Penn State be eliminated from existence because it covered up Jerry Sandusky? Should we condemn Penn State as an educational institution because of Sandusky? No. So the same applies to the church. Now go crawl back into your pit of self misery and wallow in it.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#141 Feb 2, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Sister Mary Frances beat your butt with a Bible...for your vile mouth?
She probably called the priest for an exorcism...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#142 Feb 2, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My what?
ROTFLMAO....try to keep up......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 6 min Neutral Party 4,800
Public Flogging 1 hr Jose 19
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 1 hr Kasim 335
The Republican Controlled House and Senate 2 hr Pale Rider 50
Censoring Male. 2 hr yep 14
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 2 hr yup 283
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 3 hr Big Papa Tea 28
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info