|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You rely upon an anonymous commenter, counsel?
What's your true profession?
And what color is the sky in your world?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/24/opi...
...Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.
Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.
"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."
So, in order to better protect children, did media outlets start hounding the worse menace of the school systems, with headlines about a "Nationwide Teacher Molestation Cover-up" and by asking "Are Ed Schools Producing Pedophiles?"
No, they didn't. That treatment was reserved for the Catholic Church, while the greater problem in the schools was ignored altogether.
As the National Catholic Register's reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state's entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.
Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools....
Before you start accepting facts from any arm of the Catholic Church as truth do the math Tinkerbelle.

And before you do that, figure out why the decades of Catholic Church silence on the matter, the coverup, is the greater issue.

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and...

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Education-Training-and...

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/About/Data-for-Occupat...

If you need help with analyzing what the numbers mean, let me know.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. I rest my case on anti-Catholicism. As if my 84 year old mother was responsible...
Only if she knew.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my son's wife wife would tend to disagree with you.......
I noticed however, you and your boyfriend dukey the mooonkeey boy conspicuously absent in the midst of your catholic bashing from commenting on and in fact ignoring the muslim pashtun pedophilia...(crickets chirping)
Apparently you folks are not concerned about a bunch of religious muslims that openly practice and exalt pedophilia...
crazy crackers no problem, muslim pedophiles no problem...I am seeing and trend with you tolerant libs here...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...
Perhaps its because those practices are connected to a culture on the other side of the planet, that may have something to do with it.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Predestination is a Protestant doctrine
Who said anything about predestination?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my son's wife wife would tend to disagree with you.......
I noticed however, you and your boyfriend dukey the mooonkeey boy conspicuously absent in the midst of your catholic bashing from commenting on and in fact ignoring the muslim pashtun pedophilia...(crickets chirping)
Apparently you folks are not concerned about a bunch of religious muslims that openly practice and exalt pedophilia...
crazy crackers no problem, muslim pedophiles no problem...I am seeing and trend with you tolerant libs here...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asi...
Wrong again. The only reason I mentioned the institutional pedophilia in the Catholic Church was in response to someone claiming Islam was a religion of pedophilia. I have no use for either of those mythologies. Go read the "cracker" thread again and see whether I approved of the phrase or not. YOU folks are the ones who love to stereotype and generalize and then you go nuts when someone gores your ox with the same behavior. I have no idea what Afghanistan has to do with the discussion.

(Just because he is married to a woman doesn't mean he is not gay. Just saying.)
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK che..... you are just one sick individual.........
Apparently your hate runs deep.....
Your belief that pedophilia is a common occurrence tells me your daddy must have been one.
Wrong again. Just bringing your intolerance home to you. It's funny home much you expect tolerance when it is something you care about.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah again, that is just sick shyte....get fn help........
I say this as an agnostic....you are one sick individual......
Apparently your goal is just to offend.......
Now you are starting to understand. My goal is to offend you the same way you offend others.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you start accepting facts from any arm of the Catholic Church as truth do the math Tinkerbelle.
And before you do that, figure out why the decades of Catholic Church silence on the matter, the coverup, is the greater issue.
woof
Until you acknowledge the known larger problem existing among teachers and Muslims, nothing you say has any credibility.

You and your split-personality, Che, are Catholic-haters of the first degree.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you acknowledge the known larger problem existing among teachers and Muslims, nothing you say has any credibility.
You didn't get good grades in math, did you Tippy?

Here's a hint:

1% of 100 produces a much smaller number than 1% of 1000.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts can't hate. Isn't that what you guys were saying in another thread about another group?
VADoc

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ah nothing is more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance.
It makes hypocritical Christians look pale in comparison.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? The priests are pedophiles. The scout masters are pedophiles. Its seems like the perfect marriage (pardon the expression).
Really brilliant to paint everyone with the same brush. Doesn't mommy have a play date scheduledd for you today, Che?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Imagine that a group of girls is going on a long camping trip, supervised by adult volunteers who are young men you barely know. Would you let your 15-year-old daughter go?
Nearly every parent, I think, would recognize the folly, even though the men might well be models of good behavior. Why should our common-sense response be any different if the 15-year-old is a boy and the possible, even if not-likely-to-be-acted-on, sexual attraction of the adult supervisors is homosexual rather than heterosexual?
Sorry, George, the BSA can hardly be charged with abandoning the high road on this one. They were never on it. They have been protecting pedophiles in their ranks for generations.

Meanwhile, a lesbian mom--not someone who under any circumstances is likely to provide a risk of sexual inpropriety with little boys--cannot be her son's den mother.

Sorry, but the sexual orientation issue is merely one example of a brittle bureaucracy (yes, I said, it, that is what it is in that gigantic non-profit) unable to seriously consider its mission and how that applies to a current generation. They are locked into norms that depend on stay-at-home moms to run after school cub dens, a population with disposable income to outfit their kids with uniforms and such (nod, nod, wink, wink to the suppliers who sell the stuff) and have completely forgotten the aims laid out by Lord Baden Powell--let alone be able to adapt them to the contemporary.

In addition to turning away lesbian moms as den mothers, recall that they refused honors to a life-long scout who came out as gay. This isn't about protecting kids. It's about protecting image and funding streams.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

<quoted text>You obviously have no kids.
You obviously believe that you know far more about your children than you in all likelihood do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You rely upon an anonymous commenter, counsel?
What's your true profession?
And what color is the sky in your world?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/24/opi...
...Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.
Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.
"[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."
So, in order to better protect children, did media outlets start hounding the worse menace of the school systems, with headlines about a "Nationwide Teacher Molestation Cover-up" and by asking "Are Ed Schools Producing Pedophiles?"
No, they didn't. That treatment was reserved for the Catholic Church, while the greater problem in the schools was ignored altogether.
As the National Catholic Register's reporter Wayne Laugesen points out, the federal report said 422,000 California public-school students would be victims before graduation — a number that dwarfs the state's entire Catholic-school enrollment of 143,000.
Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools....
In fact, tip, there were a number of newspaper series that all occurred around the same time. In Columbus, the Dispatch claimed credit for altering statewide policies and practices that frequently enabled districts in "passing the trash." Primarily this required various levels of government (county child protective services, police, sheriffs, school districts, etc) to share information and report to the state--which has ultimate responsibility for yanking teacher licenses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
It is apparent from all of our discussions that your ideology trumps actual numbers...every single time.

In fact, discussing the issues with you is not productive, but merely a distraction, as you refuse to accept any iota of truth that conflicts with your preconceived notions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, tip, there were a number of newspaper series that all occurred around the same time. In Columbus, the Dispatch claimed credit for altering statewide policies and practices that frequently enabled districts in "passing the trash." Primarily this required various levels of government (county child protective services, police, sheriffs, school districts, etc) to share information and report to the state--which has ultimate responsibility for yanking teacher licenses.
Oh...and the above post applies to you, too -- you, who believes the Dispatch's single series on teacher sex offenders equates with the decade-long, search-and-destroy assault on the Catholic Church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously believe that you know far more about your children than you in all likelihood do.
The children of conservatives don't spend their lives trying to discover who they are.
They were taught from birth who they are and how important that is in the grand plan.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
In the general population, the get prosecuted. In the Catholic Church they get transferred to a new flock of victims.
I suggest you learn about what happened in the Toledo Diocese. While it took years for prosecution to occur, it did. One priest is in prison. More were de-frocked and removed.

In the general population, coverup also occurs.

Penn State ring a bell?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/29/world/europ...

http://ktla.com/local-news/stories/lausd-teac...

Need more? Google, it's your friend.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Just bringing your intolerance home to you. It's funny home much you expect tolerance when it is something you care about.
Your mad eh....LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of1,095
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 min woo-boy 28,631
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 40 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 31
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 2,736
Will Obama Resign From Office? 1 hr Neutral Party 582
Investor nightmare (Jul '09) 4 hr Guru-Cleveland 82
Minority recruiting lags for Columbus fire, pol... 5 hr Shanikwah 2
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 9 hr Amigo 59
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••