|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
ask yourself that question about ending legal abortion.
No.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go back and look. I never mentioned Social Security, taxes, or perjury.
You're a trip.
woof
You should go back and check. I said it twice now. And it is not perjury, it is not having to tell the truth you said. You said married people don't have to testify against each other and that is a right gay couple don't have. So gay people are trying to get legal marriage recognizes in all states so they can avoid paying taxes, collect government money and not have to tell the truth about happenings their partner was involved in. That is the reality you are pushing.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted you to keep typing.
So, is it ok to "trample on the rights of some to protect" others or not?
It's done all the time. It seems to be the accepted practice. When it comes to children, I would say absolutely.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>You should go back and check. I said it twice now. And it is not perjury, it is not having to tell the truth you said. You said married people don't have to testify against each other and that is a right gay couple don't have. So gay people are trying to get legal marriage recognizes in all states so they can avoid paying taxes, collect government money and not have to tell the truth about happenings their partner was involved in. That is the reality you are pushing.
You're nutty.

Gay people are asking to be treated the same under the law as heterosexuals.

Someone asks me for examples.

I then present a few.

You then claim I have a specific agenda based upon one of those examples.

Nutball.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
same answer you will get with gun control
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>It's done all the time. It seems to be the accepted practice. When it comes to children, I would say absolutely.
Fair enough. So that sauce is also good for gun regulations, right?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are inanimate objects.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are inanimate objects.
So what?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>I didn't say sex was just mechanical manipulation, I said outside of religious and biological procreation, it is.
As for attractive. define attractive.
As for religious functions of sex, it is specific to the religion. Most of them indicate it is for procreation.
So--let me be clear. Are you getting your rocks off for procreation or religious expression?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>Ever heard of a threesome?
Then you have engaged in same-sex enounters.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nutty.
Gay people are asking to be treated the same under the law as heterosexuals.
Someone asks me for examples.
I then present a few.
You then claim I have a specific agenda based upon one of those examples.
Nutball.
woof
They already are treated the same under the law as heterosexuals are. They don't want equal rights, they want extra rights. They want the ability to do what no one else can do because of choices they made.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
PS: in 2013 it will cost more in taxes to file married.
More per person than filing individually, or more than it cost to file married in the past?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure you are getting it because of that terribley awkward post, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
So pick one. Is the "if it saves even one child" argument valid or not? I don't care which you pick. But it's either valid or it isn't.
Sometimes I suspect that Topix doesn't got well with other entertainments. Like drinking, perhaps.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, there is this thing called the second amendment which limits government's ability to tred on certain rights.

Have you thought this through? I mean I saw your setup coming several posts ago and after stringing it out, I simply remind you of something that I know you are well aware of and completely blow your argument out of the water.

You see, it's all in the details. The details that allow you to act like a freaking idiot as the government likely would have sterilized your parents had Eugenics not fell out of favor.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
More per person than filing individually, or more than it cost to file married in the past?
It's easy to research under marriage tax penalty, and it's wrong. You should not be penalized for being married in this country. I realize you were a single mom but you can't ignore the fact that we are rewarding young people who are having baby after baby without benefit of marriage, often with different partners. And the mindset with that is different from those who choose to adopt IMO.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>They already are treated the same under the law as heterosexuals are. They don't want equal rights, they want extra rights. They want the ability to do what no one else can do because of choices they made.
Legally, they're not and no matter where you land in this debate, you can't change that fact. It is sad that someone who has been there for another for years and years, through good and bad, ultimately cannot make serious choices in the hospital for another. OTOH, I've seen it happen with friends who take care of older adults and, in the end, it's the estranged family members who get the make the choices at the end, often not what the sick person wanted.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally, they're not and no matter where you land in this debate, you can't change that fact. It is sad that someone who has been there for another for years and years, through good and bad, ultimately cannot make serious choices in the hospital for another. OTOH, I've seen it happen with friends who take care of older adults and, in the end, it's the estranged family members who get the make the choices at the end, often not what the sick person wanted.
and that is what power of attorney and living wills are for

everybody should have them
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is what power of attorney and living wills are for
everybody should have them
Agreed, but there are many younger people who are uncomfortable with facing their own mortality. I was thinking of a couple specific incidents when I wrote that. I realize it's common sense, but many people under 40 do not have their paperwork in order. Maybe even under 50, now that I think about it.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but there are many younger people who are uncomfortable with facing their own mortality. I was thinking of a couple specific incidents when I wrote that. I realize it's common sense, but many people under 40 do not have their paperwork in order. Maybe even under 50, now that I think about it.
Another reason then that homosexuals shouldn't be in the BSA.
The motto, after all, is: "Be prepared!"
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
in a civil relationship it is a requirement if you are serious about it.

marriage it is automatic.

are homosexuals too lazy to draw up a living will; and grant power of attorney?

if so......to bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 821 - 840 of1,095
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Congress Cost FYI 4 min Catman Dave 95
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Resigning 21 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 129
Where to buy Herbal Incense? (Aug '12) 56 min Herbalxpress 88
Happy Easter 1 hr They cannot kill a Spook 11
What kind of God drowns 300 kids? 1 hr Shanikwah 11
google hates GOD 3 hr Happy Easter 2
question 4 hr Duke for Mayor 7
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 16 hr Oops 1,980
•••