“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#811 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what I wrote. Then read what you concluded. Then ask yourself who has engaged in "twisting and spinning."
I wrote what I wrote for a very specific reason that had nothing to do with your supposition. Even that knucklehead Cleavon was able to figure it out.
George, speaking to the gunbanners, and I, speaking to the homophiles...made the very same observation:

Leftists are willing to fraudulently portray their opposition, and willing to infringe upon the rights of their opposition, whenever it suits their political goals.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#812 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Trends, Einstein, trends.
Red states, idiot, red states.
Adif understanding

United States

#813 Feb 7, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true at all.
Try claiming spousal privilege to exclude from a trial statements made to your partner when you're not married.
Or try to assert a claim of inheritance absent a will when you're not married.
Good luck with that.
woof
So interesting, you have added to what can't be legally reproduced. So let me get this straight, gay marriage represents the ability to not be subjected to taxes (currently the case before the Supreme court), to be able to get government benefits that you would otherwise not be entitled to, and the right to not be forced into telling the truth in a court of law when your partner is up on charges of some sort.

Well then, I guess we all should be able to marry anyone or anything we want then because hey, no one wants convicted because their girlfriend told the truth in a court of law.
Adif understanding

United States

#814 Feb 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't take that sex in wedlock only stuff too seriously, eh?
Why? If you have any impressions about me being a religious nut or something, it would be all in your mind. I'm just not a complete imbecile concerning the subject and did go to Sunday school as a child. I also have nothing again it religion if you choose to believe in a real one.
Adif understanding

United States

#815 Feb 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So to save one child, you are willing to infringe on the rights of other law abiding citizens? Hmmmm.
We make that choice all the time. 18 or 21 to purchase alcohol? Drink a bud or smoke some bud? Do I need to go on?
Adif understanding

United States

#816 Feb 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have skipped the last paragraph:
"Despite the growing acceptance of same-sex marriage, it still has been a loser at the ballot box, at least through 2010. Six states and the District have legalized such unions through court or legislative action, but dozens more have banned them after the issue was put to a referendum."
The telephone polls are losing to the voting polls...every single time.
That's most likely because the so called growing tendencies for acceptance is a lot of peer pressure which isn't valid once the privacy of the polls. They don't really know how to pressure you there.
Adif understanding

United States

#817 Feb 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sir, I cannot say that I envy your partners much if you regard copulation as being merely genital manipulation--equivalent to mechanical sex.
And I take it then that you find yourself equally attracted to men and women.
What are the religious functions of sex, btw?
I didn't say sex was just mechanical manipulation, I said outside of religious and biological procreation, it is.

As for attractive. define attractive.

As for religious functions of sex, it is specific to the religion. Most of them indicate it is for procreation.
Adif understanding

United States

#818 Feb 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you could easily choose to get your rocks off with a man?
Ever heard of a threesome?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#819 Feb 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing Bubba.
Hey, I may ride into town tonight and shoot some pool. Wanna come and run me over in that hubbba bubba truck?
Just make sure the insurance is paid up.
woof
naw

letting you live in misery because of all your failures is more fun to watch.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#820 Feb 8, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>So interesting, you have added to what can't be legally reproduced. So let me get this straight, gay marriage represents the ability to not be subjected to taxes (currently the case before the Supreme court), to be able to get government benefits that you would otherwise not be entitled to, and the right to not be forced into telling the truth in a court of law when your partner is up on charges of some sort.
Well then, I guess we all should be able to marry anyone or anything we want then because hey, no one wants convicted because their girlfriend told the truth in a court of law.
Huhhhh???

SL asked about rights that attach to marriage. I listed a few, none of which mentioned taxes.

From there you blather on.

Insane.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#821 Feb 8, 2013
PS: in 2013 it will cost more in taxes to file married.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#822 Feb 8, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you're too cowardly to register...
If you think it takes bravery to register on an internet bullshit site you are going to have a real rough time when your revolution starts.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#823 Feb 8, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
George, speaking to the gunbanners, and I, speaking to the homophiles...made the very same observation:
Leftists are willing to fraudulently portray their opposition, and willing to infringe upon the rights of their opposition, whenever it suits their political goals.
I'm not sure you are getting it because of that terribley awkward post, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

So pick one. Is the "if it saves even one child" argument valid or not? I don't care which you pick. But it's either valid or it isn't.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#824 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>We make that choice all the time. 18 or 21 to purchase alcohol? Drink a bud or smoke some bud? Do I need to go on?
Yes.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#825 Feb 8, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
PS: in 2013 it will cost more in taxes to file married.
Not that it matters to you or anything.
Adif understanding

United States

#826 Feb 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Huhhhh???
SL asked about rights that attach to marriage. I listed a few, none of which mentioned taxes.
From there you blather on.
Insane.
woof
WE know social security benefits and tax breaks were the two, you pointed out not being able to not tell the truth in court was another.
Adif understanding

United States

#827 Feb 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Wow, i was prepared for class but I wasn't expecting to teach dumbasses. If you cannot infer where we trample on the rights of some to protect one from what I mentioned, you are clueless.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#828 Feb 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure you are getting it because of that terribley awkward post, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
So pick one. Is the "if it saves even one child" argument valid or not? I don't care which you pick. But it's either valid or it isn't.
ask yourself that question about ending legal abortion.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#829 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>WE know social security benefits and tax breaks were the two, you pointed out not being able to not tell the truth in court was another.
You better go back and look. I never mentioned Social Security, taxes, or perjury.

You're a trip.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#830 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>Wow, i was prepared for class but I wasn't expecting to teach dumbasses. If you cannot infer where we trample on the rights of some to protect one from what I mentioned, you are clueless.
I just wanted you to keep typing.

So, is it ok to "trample on the rights of some to protect" others or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 37 min They cannot kill ... 94
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 38 min d pantz 4,942
COPS lives MATTER 43 min Neutral Party 202
Cincinnati White Castle closes amid purge of Oh... 50 min They cannot kill ... 1
Where has Rowdy been? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Spears from South Side 2 hr Latrina Waters 9
Michelle on Barack: ‘He’s in the bathroom all t... (Nov '13) 4 hr Morning Joe 13
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:07 pm PST

NFL12:07PM