|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tippy head. You know darned well that nobody...I repeat: Nobody is attempting to "stop" you from expressing your views.
Don't even try making that ridiculous argument. You know how things work in this country. Religion is over there....and government is over there...
woof
Except Islam, little pup...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tippy head. You know darned well that nobody...I repeat: Nobody is attempting to "stop" you from expressing your views.
Don't even try making that ridiculous argument. You know how things work in this country. Religion is over there....and government is over there...
woof
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

-- John Adams

"[The Declaration of Independence] That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity."

-- John Adams

"We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus."

-– John Adams and John Hancock, 1775

"The evidence of [the] natural right [of expatriation], like that of our right to life, liberty, the use of our faculties, the pursuit of happiness, is not left to the feeble and sophistical investigations of reason, but is impressed on the sense of every man. We do not claim these under the charters of kings or legislators, but under the King of Kings."

-- Thomas Jefferson to John Manners, 1817

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever."

-– Thomas Jefferson, on the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, DC

"I shall need, too, the favor of that Being in whose hands we are, who led our forefathers, as Israel of old."

-– Thomas Jefferson, Second Inaugural

"Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that National morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

-– George Washington

"There is no such thing as coincidence. God wills the world according to his design."

-– George Washington

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."

-– George Washington

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.mit.edu/~thistle/v9 /9.11/1columbus.html
woof
Ward Churchill?

Bwahahahaha.....

Go burn a flag and go to bed.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ward Churchill?
Bwahahahaha.....
Go burn a flag and go to bed.
Did he just promote Trutherism?

If so, that ends his career here for good.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look at posts 624, 625, and 626.
I was referring to a certain genocidal murderer who sailed the ocean blue to commit his atrocities and did such a good job of it that he now has his own American National Holiday.
Despite the fact that his acts are very well documented, I never learned one word of the horrible things he did while I was in school...did you?
History gets changed by those with the incentive and ability to do it.
woof
If you meant Christopher Columbus then why did you not just say so.

Yes, when I was in school, I learned that his voyage was to find an alternate trade route to the east that wasn't as dangerous as the existing routes. I also learned that when they found the Americas, he set out to exploit them for their riches and white diseases that the indigenous people have never been exposed to pretty much ravaged them. We learned about the conquistadors push to enslave tribes and force them to mine the gold and we learned about legends of cities of gold. We also learned about their pegan human sacrifices.

I'm not sure why your school never talked about those things. Like I said earlier, mine public education took place 30 years ago.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

OK, I jumped at the 9.11, after reading the link, its just more Ward Churchill Marxist bullshat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Churchill_S...

He is a dangerous sympathizer with the Islamist enemy, as are most of this forum's leftists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>If you meant Christopher Columbus then why did you not just say so.
Yes, when I was in school, I learned that his voyage was to find an alternate trade route to the east that wasn't as dangerous as the existing routes. I also learned that when they found the Americas, he set out to exploit them for their riches and white diseases that the indigenous people have never been exposed to pretty much ravaged them. We learned about the conquistadors push to enslave tribes and force them to mine the gold and we learned about legends of cities of gold. We also learned about their pegan human sacrifices.
I'm not sure why your school never talked about those things. Like I said earlier, mine public education took place 30 years ago.
He's just sorry he missed out on cannibalism.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>If you meant Christopher Columbus then why did you not just say so.
The textbooks of today tone down what the Aztecs did, they once killed 30K people in human sacrifice in a single day.

Most of the troops that brought them down, were not Spaniards, they were the other tribes.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when did you choose to be straight?
when pubic hair started growing on my body; and girls wanted to play.

did you choose to be gay because no man will have you?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Except Islam, little pup...
What the hell are you talking about?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/opinion/the...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
-- John Adams
"[The Declaration of Independence] That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity."
-- John Adams
"The evidence of [the] natural right [of expatriation], like that of our right to life, liberty, the use of our faculties, the pursuit of happiness, is not left to the feeble and sophistical investigations of reason, but is impressed on the sense of every man. We do not claim these under the charters of kings or legislators, but under the King of Kings."
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever."
"I shall need, too, the favor of that Being in whose hands we are, who led our forefathers, as Israel of old."
"Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that National morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."
-– George Washington
"There is no such thing as coincidence. God wills the world according to his design."
-– George Washington
"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."
-– George Washington
Well Tippy, its really nice that you've spent the time to gather up all of those quotations, but unfortunately, a two second review of the text of the Establishment Clause immediately casts whatever argument you're trying to make about Christianity being a state religion into the dumpster.

It is utterly amazing to me that folks like you bear tenets of faith so evidently weak that mere questions such as I pose would send you into a raging froth.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to Warren Court opinions, that is not what was intended when the Constitution was written.
Well I suggest you either dig those guys up and tell them that the Constitution has been perverted, or start your little anarchist movement and see what you can do about it.

I highly doubt that at this point, ranting on Topix about the Warren Court's decisions is going to do you bring you much success in your endeavors, race baiter.

woof

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I'm never entirely sure what religion should have to do with making other people's lives and choices less comfortable. In my travels I've had the misfortune of being barred from equal protections or freedoms a number of times, because someone's god didn't permit the actions/travel/dress/speech I would have chosen.

Saying that making equal protections, access and rights for gay and lesbian members of our civilization should be discarded because of the mandate of your god doesn't really stand to reason. If your god fails to permit such activity, should it not be the responsibility of those religiously motivated to do so to prevent from undertaking such actions? Why is preventing gays and lesbians from going about their business to please this god more worth enforcing than my having to ride in the back of the bus in Israel to suit their god or having to cover my hair in Saudi to suit theirs?

The argument that "you can't do [whatever] because of my relationship with my god" is pretty weak, however you frame it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
I'm never entirely sure what religion should have to do with making other people's lives and choices less comfortable. In my travels I've had the misfortune of being barred from equal protections or freedoms a number of times, because someone's god didn't permit the actions/travel/dress/speech I would have chosen.
Saying that making equal protections, access and rights for gay and lesbian members of our civilization should be discarded because of the mandate of your god doesn't really stand to reason. If your god fails to permit such activity, should it not be the responsibility of those religiously motivated to do so to prevent from undertaking such actions? Why is preventing gays and lesbians from going about their business to please this god more worth enforcing than my having to ride in the back of the bus in Israel to suit their god or having to cover my hair in Saudi to suit theirs?
The argument that "you can't do [whatever] because of my relationship with my god" is pretty weak, however you frame it.
The thread is about allowing gay men participate as leaders and counselers in the Boy Scouts. I give you two words:

Jerry Sandusky

I frankly don't think, at the age they join the scouts, children are aware if they are hetrosexual or homosexual.

As for your opinions and translations on religion, any religion, no one is interested.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
Dam, you're boring. Instead of go shout it on the mountain, go shout it at the beach. Oops, forgot that's not your style. Ergo, hush.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread is about allowing gay men participate as leaders and counselers in the Boy Scouts. I give you two words:
Jerry Sandusky
I frankly don't think, at the age they join the scouts, children are aware if they are hetrosexual or homosexual.
As for your opinions and translations on religion, any religion, no one is interested.
This thread, and the public conversation has also largely focused around the participation of gay scouts and their ability to participate in the programs. I'm interested in how, in a much larger sense, other people's relationships with their god should be able to limit the actions of the greater public.

Trying to create a false link between paedophilia and homosexual identity (using a straight, married man, which is odd in itself) while common, seems a rather ignorant a desperate attempt to recast the conversation as begin "for the children" while a large portion of the larger debate concerning the scouts has been the ban on boys not identified as heterosexual participating in the programs.

Roughly half of this thread has been people chiming in to explain what their god thinks. I can't possibly see how this should be relevant. Nobody, outside of your faith community should need to concern themselves about your faith, so long as they aren't interrupting the free practice of it.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Dam, you're boring. Instead of go shout it on the mountain, go shout it at the beach. Oops, forgot that's not your style. Ergo, hush.
I love the beach. I just try and head places that are a bit less white-trash aspirational than cheap package tours to this or that walled resort. We've just booked an add on to Palau, for the honeymoon (to see some other friends get married).
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Two same-sex humans cannot biologically reproduce with the aid of anyone.
Indeed, evolutionary processes are homophobic.
What are you, a biologist now?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
-- John Adams
-- John Adams
-– George Washington
-– George Washington
-– George Washington
What relevance do those quotes have? Also, you are getting some bad facts.

http://fakehistory.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/%...
ndWiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Keep the gay men, and priest far from young boys, period! Gay men sex is sodomy as every culture on earth knows. Sodomy is contrary to the very basic functioning of the rectum which was not created for entry, but rather exit. Gay men sex makes no logical sense at all.
Humans and animals were created to reproduce themselves, and that is why there is a man and female in every species except some reptiles species which are hermaphrodite. If two men could be gay without the sex involved, they wouldn't be gay for long. Our attractions are of a sexual nature and desire towards the opposite. If that is not the case, than something unnatural and perverse has taken place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 1 hr d pantz 15
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,240
Fake ID scammers 2 hr Bruce Wane 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 6 hr Blow me 2,220
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 7 hr d pantz 2,217
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 7 hr xxxrayted 13
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 10 hr Caesar Obamus 36
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Franklin County was issued at July 26 at 3:31PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs