“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#648 Feb 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, please engage your self-professed intellectual superiority and outline for us the natural reproductive potential between two same-sex humans.
There is none.

Same as there is none for the marriage between a post-menopausal woman and a man.

Where you fall down is in your insistence that procreation is the only measure of legitimacy.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#649 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand my position one iota. That's quite evident.
woof
You reject the Bible in its entirety.
Reader rejects portions which conflict with her political ideology.

Location hidden

#650 Feb 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sperm donors, surrogate mothers.
Wait, you are telling me that XX/XX and XY/XY cannot reproduce naturally?
Seems Darwin must be a bigot!
Two same-sex humans cannot biologically reproduce with the aid of anyone.
Indeed, evolutionary processes are homophobic.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#651 Feb 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You reject the Bible in its entirety.
Reader rejects portions which conflict with her political ideology.
Well, I don't mean to speak for her, but I'm guessing you're wrong on both premises.

woof

Location hidden

#652 Feb 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There is none.
Same as there is none for the marriage between a post-menopausal woman and a man.
Where you fall down is in your insistence that procreation is the only measure of legitimacy.
In evolutionary terms, there is no legitimacy to a same-sex relationship. None.

In biblical terms, there is no legitimacy to a same-sex relationship because it cannot create new life; it does not reflect the sexual complementarity of men and women, as set forth by our Creator in His Word; and, it is specifically condemned by our Creator in His Word.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#653 Feb 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sperm donors, surrogate mothers.
Wait, you are telling me that XX/XX and XY/XY cannot reproduce naturally?
Seems Darwin must be a bigot!
Wow, this whole conversation takes us right back to the question about Mary and the turkey baster we were discussing the other day.

woof

Location hidden

#654 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't mean to speak for her, but I'm guessing you're wrong on both premises.
woof
Well, if you believe some portion of the Bible, that would indeed be news, based on your derisive posts.

As for Reader, she has repeatedly spelled out her position against the Pauline epistles...just as she did earlier in this very thread.

Location hidden

#655 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this whole conversation takes us right back to the question about Mary and the turkey baster we were discussing the other day.
woof
Our Creator spoke the universe into existence.
Nothing is impossible with Him.

But, again...you exhibit your derision.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#656 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not thinking of pilgrims and/or Thanksgiving. I'm talking about genocide.
I'm talking about history less than 600 years old that somehow gets transformed to purposefully change reality so that the "facts" present the actors in a more positive light, and the "history" being taught is more palatable to those learning it.
I'm talking about the internal human incentives for people of means throughout time to mold "history" in order to influence and control people and information.
One can easily find similar examples occurring within the past century.
It's safe to assume that over the past 2000 years, in eras of smaller populations and less sophisticated communications and educational institutions, where religious entities wielded overwhelming control of information and influence in society, education, and government, great incentives and abilities of humans to change factual history over time have always existed.
To pretend otherwise, is pure folly.
woof
It's safe to assume you are somewhat delusional. No one thinks we came here, the Indians said, have some land, we will just disappear quietly, have a nice day. Since the inception of the movies, the westerns showed it was quite different. I remember in my Ohio history class some 30 years ago, we studied about the role Ohio Indians played in the revolutionary war, how they backed the french and how the English went to war with them. We even touched on Kentucky with the different tribes along the Ohio river.

If anything has changed, it would likely be because of liberal influences in teaching. I don't know of one republican or conservative who is not very quick to claim we kicked ass when in fact, we did kick ass. Perhaps that was the problem, the Lancaster teachers weren't as liberal as they needed to be yet.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#657 Feb 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people who have studied the Bible extensively, as well as those who have studied the law. Understanding of both are enhanced by a study of context, intent, history and such.
Recently heard a scholar speak about the Apostle Paul and some of his conflicting pronouncements about women, marriage, etc. His take--supported by study--had to do with the various folks who copied over Paul's words either misinterpreting, or willfully inserting their own understandings and beliefs to soften what were some fairly radical, and feminist, views.
Certainly persuasive, and helped to explain some conflicts in the words.
I have heard other views, as well. Another minister suggested that Paul's beliefs about the role of women in the emerging church developed and became more liberal over time.
But, simple?
Not so much.
His take on it and likely yours is wrong and fueled by a desire to disprove, not understand.

Anyways, that is besides the point. One of the basic tenets of Christianity is that there were jews, this happened, our God is mighty, a select people made covenants with God to stay in his favor. Along the way, they were not able to fulfill these covenants and keep god happy so periodically new covenants were made when God found a man worthy of them. Along came a guy sent by the lord who was the spirit and embodiment of the lord who fulfilled prophecy and with his sacrifice, created a new Covenant with the lord. If you understand what it means to be a Christian, then you also know that the bible is divided into covenants with God and presents a history of interactions with him. Each covenant provided a different set of rules to be followed and the New testament provides the latest set in which some of the old rules are repeated and some are completely negated. The old testament is more or less a validation of the new testament.

It's not some deep dark understanding that someone needs to spend a life time to understand. This is basic Sunday school crap that Children are expected to learn if their teachers where any good at teaching and not more or less well meaning babysitters taking care of the kids while mom and pop do adult things upstairs. This is basic information concerning the religion that you can gain from simply reading the bible.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#658 Feb 6, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>It's safe to assume you are somewhat delusional. No one thinks we came here, the Indians said, have some land, we will just disappear quietly, have a nice day. Since the inception of the movies, the westerns showed it was quite different. I remember in my Ohio history class some 30 years ago, we studied about the role Ohio Indians played in the revolutionary war, how they backed the french and how the English went to war with them. We even touched on Kentucky with the different tribes along the Ohio river.
If anything has changed, it would likely be because of liberal influences in teaching. I don't know of one republican or conservative who is not very quick to claim we kicked ass when in fact, we did kick ass. Perhaps that was the problem, the Lancaster teachers weren't as liberal as they needed to be yet.
You didn't learn your Ohio history very well if you think that what you are referencing took place 600 years ago.

I'm not delusional at all.

woof

woof
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#659 Feb 6, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when did you choose to be straight?
You do not really need to choose to be straight. It's the natural order of things. You do however, need to choose to have sex and you need to choose whom to have it with. To say it's not a choice is like justifying rape or pederasty.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#660 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
It is telling that the folks who own the most rigid, narrow minded, hateful and just plain empirically wrong opinions are the most hardcore Christian absolutists.
Says the no morals moron who seems to have trouble understanding the difference between day and night.

Yes, I did call you a moron again, and I called you one before. You simple are not smart enough to understand simple concepts and then turn around blaming everyone else for your mistakes while trying to paint them as the bad guy. It's a sick world you project for yourself.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#661 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't learn your Ohio history very well if you think that what you are referencing took place 600 years ago.
I'm not delusional at all.
woof
woof
I did not say it took place 600 years ago. I'm not sure why you brought that up. Ohio did not magically appear in 1806 either. In the creation of the country, the inhabitants did play roles with the founding of the country.

You are very delusional.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#662 Feb 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Creator spoke the universe into existence.
Nothing is impossible with Him.
But, again...you exhibit your derision.
Just for fun...what if you're wrong about some of what you insist?
Sure would change things up, wouldn't it? Nobody will ever know while they're here.

Your statement there about creation of the universe for instance. There's no scientific proof that you can hang your hat on to justify that conclusion. Probably never will be.

So maybe, what you perceive to be derision is really just skepticism, mixed with sarcasm, necessary to keep religious hooey out of the public schools.

They're at it again you know, those crazy creationists with their silly museum.

woof

Location hidden

#663 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for fun...what if you're wrong about some of what you insist?
Sure would change things up, wouldn't it? Nobody will ever know while they're here.
Your statement there about creation of the universe for instance. There's no scientific proof that you can hang your hat on to justify that conclusion. Probably never will be.
So maybe, what you perceive to be derision is really just skepticism, mixed with sarcasm, necessary to keep religious hooey out of the public schools.
They're at it again you know, those crazy creationists with their silly museum.
woof
"You are free in our time to say that God does not exist; you are free to say that He exists and is evil...You may talk of God as a metaphor or mystification...and it is not merely that nobody punishes, but nobody protests. But if you speak of God as a fact,...as a reason for changing one’s conduct, then the modern world will stop you somehow if it can."

-- G.K. Chesterton
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#664 Feb 6, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say it took place 600 years ago. I'm not sure why you brought that up. Ohio did not magically appear in 1806 either. In the creation of the country, the inhabitants did play roles with the founding of the country.
You are very delusional.
Go look at posts 624, 625, and 626.

I was referring to a certain genocidal murderer who sailed the ocean blue to commit his atrocities and did such a good job of it that he now has his own American National Holiday.

Despite the fact that his acts are very well documented, I never learned one word of the horrible things he did while I was in school...did you?

History gets changed by those with the incentive and ability to do it.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#665 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#666 Feb 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are free in our time to say that God does not exist; you are free to say that He exists and is evil...You may talk of God as a metaphor or mystification...and it is not merely that nobody punishes, but nobody protests. But if you speak of God as a fact,...as a reason for changing one’s conduct, then the modern world will stop you somehow if it can."
-- G.K. Chesterton
Now tippy head. You know darned well that nobody...I repeat: Nobody is attempting to "stop" you from expressing your views.

Don't even try making that ridiculous argument. You know how things work in this country. Religion is over there....and government is over there...

woof

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#667 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tippy head. You know darned well that nobody...I repeat: Nobody is attempting to "stop" you from expressing your views.
Don't even try making that ridiculous argument. You know how things work in this country. Religion is over there....and government is over there...
woof
Contrary to Warren Court opinions, that is not what was intended when the Constitution was written.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catman Dave 42 min RU_Kiddingme 31
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr truth 2,462
Connecticut: Democrat arrested Voter Fraud 1 hr d pantz 20
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 1 hr d pantz 106
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 3,590
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr NRA_RWNJ 31,534
Can the White House really be protected? 1 hr Male 24
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 5 hr Reality Speaks 66
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 15 hr Praying for Change 964
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]