Adif understanding

United States

#608 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be confused.
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
Like I said, you must have found some Atheist i have no clue web site. In Mark, Jesus later tells us that all foods are clean because it enters the gut not the heart and is expelled.

Now if you want to be intellectually dishonest with yourself, you can claim shellfish are an abomination. But you cannot with any honesty claim the bible says it still is. So I guess if this was still 1500BC, you would have a point. But since it is 3000+ years later, you do not.

But this side trek into your distraction is completely irrelevant to anything I have said. I know you think you are being clever, but the sharpness of your whits couldn't cut through a foggy night, paper bag, or be relevant to anything biblical.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#609 Feb 6, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you must have found some Atheist i have no clue web site. In Mark, Jesus later tells us that all foods are clean because it enters the gut not the heart and is expelled.
Now if you want to be intellectually dishonest with yourself, you can claim shellfish are an abomination. But you cannot with any honesty claim the bible says it still is. So I guess if this was still 1500BC, you would have a point. But since it is 3000+ years later, you do not.
But this side trek into your distraction is completely irrelevant to anything I have said. I know you think you are being clever, but the sharpness of your whits couldn't cut through a foggy night, paper bag, or be relevant to anything biblical.
Just quoting the Bible. It's good to know that God changed his mind. I wonder why He was wrong the first time. That is strange for someone who is omniscient.
Adif understanding

United States

#610 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just quoting the Bible. It's good to know that God changed his mind. I wonder why He was wrong the first time. That is strange for someone who is omniscient.
Its not strange at all. The bible is full off arbitrary requirements of people designed to force the showing of devotion to God. God gave man free will and then got angry when man didn't follow his will.

You should try actually reading the bible, then find a study group to make sure you understand what it says.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#611 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The prohibition against certain foods is lifted in the NT.
The prohibition against homosexual behavior is specifically restated and reinforced in the NT.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#612 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>Its not strange at all. The bible is full off arbitrary requirements of people designed to force the showing of devotion to God. God gave man free will and then got angry when man didn't follow his will.
You should try actually reading the bible, then find a study group to make sure you understand what it says.
Or, one could just accept the Bible for what it really is instead of what some people claim it is, live one's life respecting and loving others, and forget about it.

woof
Serious Lady

AOL

#613 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
He makes no mistakes and He is all knowing.
If you truly have an interest, buy a Living Bible, it will be easier for you to translate, BUT go to classes or find a Bible Study group to engage with, and be sure have an open mind. God will not be mocked. And He can 'harden your heart' to the point you will never be able to love Him.
If you are going to believe that God loves us, you better darn well believe He is driven to anger by us also.
Adif understanding

United States

#614 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, one could just accept the Bible for what it really is instead of what some people claim it is, live one's life respecting and loving others, and forget about it.
woof
One could commit suicide, rob a bank and do a number of other things. What is your point? I didn't say you had to follow the bible or that every interpretation was infallible, I said a person citing parts of the bible actually should actually read and understand it before pointing to parts and making statements clearly showing they have no clue.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#615 Feb 6, 2013
How about this? If you all are suggesting that we need scholars and classes and study groups to understand the plain language of the Bible, I will be happy to concede that point when you concede that attorneys, scholars and judges are necessary to understand the Constitution.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#616 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? That's what Leviticus says.
The dietary laws are not considered to apply to Christians, shellfish are not described as an "abomination".
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#617 Feb 6, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court is one decision away from making sexual orientation another "suspect class". Several states already define it as such.
If the charter gets to make the decision, then the charter could start facing lawsuits that were previously tossed as they were against the national organization.
(you are a lawyer, so is the above right, or did I see BS and repeat it?)
I saw a cartoon from the Toledo Blade where they were mocking that the organization didn't commit seppuku and force all units to admit gays. The left won't be satisfied.
The Charter has already been sued under state law, and the issue has already been decided in the US Supreme Court.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/99-699....
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/99-699....

Several states do indeed have statutes or appellate court holdings protecting sexual orientation as a suspect, or quasi suspect class, including California, Connecticut, Massachussets, and New Jersey.

I'm guessing the National BSA is responding to complaints from those who would like to see the matter be decided at the local level.

woof

Ivy League-ISIS

#618 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The dietary laws are for the creation of a "chosen people" by which later Jesus would be born into.

Ivy League-ISIS

#619 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
How about this? If you all are suggesting that we need scholars and classes and study groups to understand the plain language of the Bible, I will be happy to concede that point when you concede that attorneys, scholars and judges are necessary to understand the Constitution.
At the time the Constitution was written, there were no qualifications required to be one of those positions. Further, the Bible cannot be amended or changed by judicial review.
Adif understanding

United States

#620 Feb 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
I would suggest you are a complete moron then. Its not difficult to understand if you look at the entirety of it. What you did if we were to compare it to the constitution was essentially declare senators are picked by state legislatures in an effort to discredit a statement or idea that all right are inherent in the people.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#621 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>One could commit suicide, rob a bank and do a number of other things. What is your point? I didn't say you had to follow the bible or that every interpretation was infallible, I said a person citing parts of the bible actually should actually read and understand it before pointing to parts and making statements clearly showing they have no clue.
My point is that it takes more than just a few unreasonable leaps of faith for one to arrive at a conclusion that what is written in the Bible came directly from God.

I don't know why you're talking about robbing banks and suicide.

woof
Adif understanding

United States

#622 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that it takes more than just a few unreasonable leaps of faith for one to arrive at a conclusion that what is written in the Bible came directly from God.
woof
lol.. Because it has as much relevance as your statement.

And no, it does not take unreasonable leaps of faith. The vast majority of the bible is historical accounting.

Ivy League-ISIS

#623 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
The doctrine is "inspiration" not that it was the product of the "hand of God" or "mind control"
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#624 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>lol.. Because it has as much relevance as your statement.
And no, it does not take unreasonable leaps of faith. The vast majority of the bible is historical accounting.
So which do you believe it is?

A "historical accounting", or a "historical accounting of the word of God"?

Either way, I would pose the question this way:

When American children have been schooled in American history over the past hundred and fifty years or so, until perhaps very recently if at all, were they ever taught a factually accurate "historical accounting" of the initial European explorers' interaction with indigenous people in the Americas?

You see, I tend to be very suspicious of those who write "historical accountings" when there are grand incentives for recreating or omitting facts.

woof
Adif understanding

United States

#625 Feb 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
So which do you believe it is?
A "historical accounting", or a "historical accounting of the word of God"?
Either way, I would pose the question this way:
When American children have been schooled in American history over the past hundred and fifty years or so, until perhaps very recently if at all, were they ever taught a factually accurate "historical accounting" of the initial European explorers' interaction with indigenous people in the Americas?
You see, I tend to be very suspicious of those who write "historical accountings" when there are grand incentives for recreating or omitting facts.
woof
It's both lol.. As for your history of the first European explorers comming to the US, I think every school history class tells the truth, they came looking for money and things they could sell for money.

You must be thinking about the story of thanks giving which is rarely told accurately. However, it is interesting that you can find a book and inside that book, you can find historical accounting... Now either you don't trust historical accounting which you would fall into a logic loop and not be able to trust any accounting unless you were there to witness it, or you eventually trust a source for accuracy.

There is enough documentation and collaborating evidence that shows most of the bible to be factually true.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#626 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>It's both lol.. As for your history of the first European explorers comming to the US, I think every school history class tells the truth, they came looking for money and things they could sell for money.
You must be thinking about the story of thanks giving which is rarely told accurately. However, it is interesting that you can find a book and inside that book, you can find historical accounting... Now either you don't trust historical accounting which you would fall into a logic loop and not be able to trust any accounting unless you were there to witness it, or you eventually trust a source for accuracy.
There is enough documentation and collaborating evidence that shows most of the bible to be factually true.
No, I'm not thinking of pilgrims and/or Thanksgiving. I'm talking about genocide.

I'm talking about history less than 600 years old that somehow gets transformed to purposefully change reality so that the "facts" present the actors in a more positive light, and the "history" being taught is more palatable to those learning it.

I'm talking about the internal human incentives for people of means throughout time to mold "history" in order to influence and control people and information.

One can easily find similar examples occurring within the past century.

It's safe to assume that over the past 2000 years, in eras of smaller populations and less sophisticated communications and educational institutions, where religious entities wielded overwhelming control of information and influence in society, education, and government, great incentives and abilities of humans to change factual history over time have always existed.

To pretend otherwise, is pure folly.

woof

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#627 Feb 6, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I did screen to best of my ability all gay people out of my 5 kids lives.
not any of the 5 are gay.
gay does not just happen. you chose.
So, when did you choose to be straight?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 15 min Reality Speaks 261
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 25 min Reality Speaks 210
The Republican Controlled House and Senate 37 min Reality Speaks 48
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 50 min Big Papa Tea 10
chanukah hanukkah day 2 51 min Duke For Mayor 3
Obscene Bumber Stickers 56 min Reality Speaks 9
Police beat White Woman 1 hr Reality Speaks 26
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web