Scouting’s suicide
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#467 Feb 5, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>If you were to say anything remotely true, I wouldn't have minded. Not reporting and hiding the fact is not the same as condoning it. If you said the church was evil for trying to cover it up, I would say go get em skippy. You would be correct. But instead, you take apples and oranges and claim because they were picked from a tree they are all pears.
Find me one declaration by the catholic church claiming pedophilia is condoned or a right to practice. Even when people contort bible passages to appear like pedophilia, you will find the church is against it. But you can with Islam, their founding prophet was an illiterate pedophile according to their scriptures. Their clerics declare it to be a right, and their devote members molest children as a right of the religion. It is nowhere close to the same thing.
Actions speak louder than words. When an archbishop knows that a priest is raping children and then, rather than reporting it, he transfers that priest to another parish so that he can rape new children, that is not only condoning it, it is facilitating it. That behavior was the official policy of the Church.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#468 Feb 5, 2013
Scoutings suicide occurred when they listened to liberals.

scouting taught winter survival with camping trips

you had to build your own shelter, build fire, find food, and stay warm.

there is no place for liberalism in survival.

Scouting builds men.

Eagle Scout on a resume shows accomplishment earned at young age.

liberals hate that accomplishment distinguishes an individual.

college degrees distinguish an individual, now liberals want to give them away.

seems to me we need to take liberals on a winter survival campout.

root cause problem solved.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#469 Feb 5, 2013
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matt-hadro/2013/...

Gotta love CNN advocacy journalism

They need to be honest, and just call themselves "TPM" instead.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#470 Feb 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions speak louder than words. When an archbishop knows that a priest is raping children and then, rather than reporting it, he transfers that priest to another parish so that he can rape new children, that is not only condoning it, it is facilitating it. That behavior was the official policy of the Church.
I hear what you are saying; and agree.

But actions of a few does not represent the whole.

The Archbishop is just as guilty as the priest if not more guilty.

Homosexual behavior is not policy of the church; and the bible the church teaches calls that behavior an abomination.

guns same thing....a few whack jobs does not represent the whole.

I never understood why the church did not want the minister to speak to congregation on a level playing field of mom or dad.

Adif understanding

United States

#471 Feb 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to your self, when the church moves a priest and punishes them in their own way, it means they are condoning it because they didn't do it your way. That's what you are saying.

Of course the church was hiding it and trying to limits liability and loss in reputation. That doesn't show active encouragement. You would have to be an idiot and ignore what you yourself has stated in order to think the way you do. Look up a term called cognitive dissonance.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#472 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>Listen to your self, when the church moves a priest and punishes them in their own way, it means they are condoning it because they didn't do it your way. That's what you are saying.
Of course the church was hiding it and trying to limits liability and loss in reputation. That doesn't show active encouragement. You would have to be an idiot and ignore what you yourself has stated in order to think the way you do. Look up a term called cognitive dissonance.
You don't understand what the Catholic Church was doing. And that is exactly what I am saying. Because my way is the moral way and my way is the legal way. The church's way was immoral and illegal.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#473 Feb 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand what the Catholic Church was doing. And that is exactly what I am saying. Because my way is the moral way and my way is the legal way. The church's way was immoral and illegal.
not true

what law did the church break?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#474 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>Listen to your self, when the church moves a priest and punishes them in their own way, it means they are condoning it because they didn't do it your way. That's what you are saying.
It's pretty hard to frame hiding the allegations and reassigning the offenders to continue to offend, unchecked, as anything other than condoning the acts...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#476 Feb 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
not true
Also, in Ohio at least, I believe a clergy member is a mandatory reporter of child abuse.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#477 Feb 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, in Ohio at least, I believe a clergy member is a mandatory reporter of child abuse.
If you were a "lawyer," you'd KNOW it, rather than believe it.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#478 Feb 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Those laws probably came into place after the scandal started.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#479 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>You can find plenty of reference to it by using google. This all over the internet with quite a few youtube videos of people claiming it's happening and sick. Just search for- islam thighing
You will find more reference then you want to deal with.
Let's review some important clarifications here. Something happening and something being condoned or encouraged as a religious practice are totally different things. You were claiming that the practice was defined, condoned, encouraged. Now you are saying only that it happens. Which is it?

Next--you claimed that there were multiple fatwahs in support of the practice. When asked, you give the old fallback--just google it. Do you actually know that there have been fatwahs or not? Do you know what at fatwah is? Do you know what a body of such opinions have been issued across time? Do you suppose that all have been in absolute agreement?

Now then, if you are actually such an Islam expert (as opposed to someone who just believes whatever someone puts up on youtube), you should be able to intelligently discuss such things. On the other hand, if you are just dribbling the usual drivel, well, it is what it is.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#480 Feb 5, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Those laws probably came into place after the scandal started.
That law runs counter to the confessional privilege, if applicable.

Location hidden

#481 Feb 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
Eagle Scout on a resume shows accomplishment earned at young age.
liberals hate that accomplishment distinguishes an individual.
And apparently the BSA had a problem with a young man who was gay meeting all the criteria--except being straight.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#482 Feb 5, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty hard to frame hiding the allegations and reassigning the offenders to continue to offend, unchecked, as anything other than condoning the acts...
could the same be said about released prisoners?

I do get your point; and in this instance agree.

Location hidden

#483 Feb 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
not true
Aiding and abetting comes to mind.

And depending on the state and year possibly refusing to abide by mandatory reporting rules.

Location hidden

#484 Feb 5, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>That law runs counter to the confessional privilege, if applicable.
Not everything is learned in the confessional.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#485 Feb 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And apparently the BSA had a problem with a young man who was gay meeting all the criteria--except being straight.
It's in the oath, Reader.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#486 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>If you were a "lawyer," you'd KNOW it, rather than believe it.
You really think that attorneys memorize the Ohio Revised Code? You are stupid.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#487 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>If you were a "lawyer," you'd KNOW it, rather than believe it.
You would be shocked by the length and breadth of the law. If it's out of your area/specialization, it's usually safer not to make a stab at something you're not going to know much about. I don't really know anything about mandatory reporting laws in the US (aside from the fact that they exist) and aren't even sure if they exist here (I imagine that they must).

I would be a bit more suspicious of someone who claims to always has the answer to a legal question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 37 min 404 has been found 524
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 1 hr A Brutha Gotta Know 297
Someone hates pork fat. 1 hr They cannot kill ... 4
News Ohio can seek Foxconn project without being tra... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1
What do you think? Pretty cool, huh? 5 hr Big Johnson 2
Amazon Ohio Freebee! 5 hr They cannot kill ... 5
will trump try to fire mr mueller and not let h... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 7 hr 404 not found 60

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages