Scouting’s suicide

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#367 Feb 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, isn't it odd then that neither Jerry Sandusky nor the homosexual priest offenders targeted young girls?
You know where you can shove that homosexual-defending, psychobabble bullsh!t extraordinaire.
There can be other factors that would account for that. One such factor would be ease of access. Jerry Sandusky was able to bring his victims along to bowls games and the like and nobody much questioned him sharing a room. Try that with a young lady. In the same way, a priest may well have had unquestioned access to one-on-one time with young boys that would raise eyebrows were it a girl. Consider also that the Catholic Church is highly patriarchal. Young boys become acolytes and alter boys. There is no analogous role for young girls.

Do the same numbers hold true in your public school examples? I rather suspect not.

Location hidden

#368 Feb 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, isn't it odd then that neither Jerry Sandusky nor the homosexual priest offenders targeted young girls?
You know where you can shove that homosexual-defending, psychobabble bullsh!t extraordinaire.
By the way--do you share hey now's anal fixation?

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#369 Feb 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like some snow? I have lots.

Location hidden

#370 Feb 4, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Would you like some snow? I have lots.
Seeing plenty out my window right now.

Hows that one day at a time thing going for you today?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#371 Feb 4, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting leap in "logic." One minute I am accused of being Anti-Catholic for speaking the truth about rampant systematic pedophilia in the Catholic Church and the next I am accused of being a member of NAMBLA. You have a real "kill the messenger" complex, don't you?
I didn't accuse, I asked. Leaps in logic? Or extra sensitive because you're PMSing? In that case, please consume a megadose of Midol and a double dose of Serafem.

No, it is you who has a real hatred towards any religious institution and your black and white thinking and sheet spewing that prevents any real discussion here. What you refuse to accept is that pedophilia cuts across all institutions, all segments of society. It really says little of the Catholic Church that there have been priests accused of pedophilia. I did not defend them, and put them in the same category as Jerry Sandusky. You refused to acknowledge the fact that pedophilia happens in schools, public organizations, and other places. You wish to tear down the RC just because of priests who did wrong. If we were to tear down any institution because there were pedophiles within, then we can then tear down Penn State and put thousands of students and professors out on the street, no? We can then dismiss a body of theological thought and belief simply on the fact that there are sinners in the world and they exist among the church body and its leaders?

THAT my darling is false thinking.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#372 Feb 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There can be other factors that would account for that. One such factor would be ease of access. Jerry Sandusky was able to bring his victims along to bowls games and the like and nobody much questioned him sharing a room. Try that with a young lady. In the same way, a priest may well have had unquestioned access to one-on-one time with young boys that would raise eyebrows were it a girl. Consider also that the Catholic Church is highly patriarchal. Young boys become acolytes and alter boys. There is no analogous role for young girls.
Do the same numbers hold true in your public school examples? I rather suspect not.
As a matter of fact:

"Study Finds Male Homosexual Teachers Most Likely to Abuse"

Based on a compilation of news stories, spanning 27 years in seven English speaking countries, male homosexual teachers abusing children made up 43% of cases.

Data from Lexis-Nexis showed the percentage of teachers engaging in homosexual activity, with respect to the rest of the predators, were as follows: Ireland 63%, New Zealand 62%, Canada 60%, Scotland 54%, Australia 48%, England 47%, and the U.S. 35%.

The Empirical Journal of Same-Sex Sexual Behavior, which is peer reviewed, has published this study and can be found at http://www.ejssb.org .

Location hidden

#373 Feb 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that comment your way of deflecting from the fact that you are Topix's #1 Homosexual Apologist...in spite of data demonstrating that homosexuals account for a disproportionately high number of adult-child sex abusers?

Location hidden

#374 Feb 4, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't accuse, I asked. Leaps in logic? Or extra sensitive because you're PMSing? In that case, please consume a megadose of Midol and a double dose of Serafem.
No, it is you who has a real hatred towards any religious institution and your black and white thinking and sheet spewing that prevents any real discussion here. What you refuse to accept is that pedophilia cuts across all institutions, all segments of society. It really says little of the Catholic Church that there have been priests accused of pedophilia. I did not defend them, and put them in the same category as Jerry Sandusky. You refused to acknowledge the fact that pedophilia happens in schools, public organizations, and other places. You wish to tear down the RC just because of priests who did wrong. If we were to tear down any institution because there were pedophiles within, then we can then tear down Penn State and put thousands of students and professors out on the street, no? We can then dismiss a body of theological thought and belief simply on the fact that there are sinners in the world and they exist among the church body and its leaders?
The issue seems to be not the presence of such abusers, but the institutional response to them.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#375 Feb 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing plenty out my window right now.
Hows that one day at a time thing going for you today?
Not good today.I just woke back up after plowing out.I should probably eat,huh?
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#376 Feb 4, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I have idea about today's scouts. I was one and quit at age 14 in 1977. My son lasted one year in Cub Scouts and hated it.
We'll, it's not much different than being alone in a secured room with a Catholic priest.

Location hidden

#377 Feb 4, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Not good today.I just woke back up after plowing out.I should probably eat,huh?
Eat, and stay away from the beer and tequila!

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#378 Feb 4, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> We'll, it's not much different than being alone in a secured room with a Catholic priest.
Your almost my age old man.I was 18 in 1977.That was such a good time.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#379 Feb 4, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fascinating how you insist that I have written things or taken positions that I never have. That is false thinking.

I have never suggested pedophilia doesn't "cut across all institutions." I have never once suggested abuse doesn't occur in schools or other places. My grievance against the Catholic Church has been clearly stated. It is not that some priests raped children. It is that the Church took those priests, shielded them from authorities, and transfered them to other parishes so that more children could be raped. Why is that so hard for you to follow?
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#380 Feb 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that comment your way of deflecting from the fact that you are Topix's #1 Homosexual Apologist...in spite of data demonstrating that homosexuals account for a disproportionately high number of adult-child sex abusers?
Young girls of today are far more sexually active than girls in the past. These 14,15,16,17 year olds are very active sexually. They're regular little hores. By age 14, half of a school has experienced oral sex, giving and getting. Look at their bodies now a days. Huge tits and shapely azzez, and they even dress like hores. That cop who got busted with the girls was a guy I knew growing up. It was a shock when I read his name in the paper. He was a 'pretty boy' who had a lot of women in his youth.

Those young girls were blowin him longer than they're admitting probably. If a man has lack of morals and convictions and weak on sexual control, hell ball the hell outta one of them little big tit hores. It's disgusting but happens all over the world.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#381 Feb 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat, and stay away from the beer and tequila!
I have a big steak to make tonight for me and the kitties.I'm trying so hard to get Socky Junior to come to me.She is so shy.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#382 Feb 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact:
"Study Finds Male Homosexual Teachers Most Likely to Abuse"
Based on a compilation of news stories, spanning 27 years in seven English speaking countries, male homosexual teachers abusing children made up 43% of cases.
Data from Lexis-Nexis showed the percentage of teachers engaging in homosexual activity, with respect to the rest of the predators, were as follows: Ireland 63%, New Zealand 62%, Canada 60%, Scotland 54%, Australia 48%, England 47%, and the U.S. 35%.
The Empirical Journal of Same-Sex Sexual Behavior, which is peer reviewed, has published this study and can be found at http://www.ejssb.org .
To say that this is a peer reviewed paper may be technically true, assuming the one author of its two articles was reviewed. Looking at the editorial board though, we've got everyone from a 4th grade teacher to a host of ex -gay therapists!

There also don't seem to be any papers or articles from proper journals quoting the articles in question.

For an empirical journal, its not, really.

This is why we need more people going to university. Raise the level of intellectual rigour in day to day discussion.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#383 Feb 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your error...and it's huge.
The referenced study of sexual abuse in the public schools spanned a 5-year period...and was then directly compared to sexual abuse within the Catholic Church spanning a 52-year period [1950-2002].
Go take a nap.
Make sure no teachers are nearby.
We've established about a week ago that you're not very astute when it comes to analyzing statistics.

The saga continues herein. Look at the numbers in the pools you're comparing, and look at whether a particular study is including or excluding instances of mere harassment.

Beyond that, the issue isn't whether sexual abuse occurs across all of society. The issue is what gets done after it is exposed.

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#384 Feb 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent article.
Yes, but certain people here seem to wish to excuse Rome for its criminally inexcusable behavior, by simply citing the fact that pedophiles exist everywhere.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#385 Feb 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but certain people here seem to wish to excuse Rome for its criminally inexcusable behavior, by simply citing the fact that pedophiles exist everywhere.
woof
yes; and in my opinion not allowing priests to marry forces unnatural behaviors.

root cause fix.....allow marriage; and then priest can speak about his family also in his sermons.

Location hidden

#386 Feb 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
We've established about a week ago that you're not very astute when it comes to analyzing statistics.
The saga continues herein. Look at the numbers in the pools you're comparing, and look at whether a particular study is including or excluding instances of mere harassment.
Beyond that, the issue isn't whether sexual abuse occurs across all of society. The issue is what gets done after it is exposed.
woof
You were wrong on the statistical comparison...and I find it amusing that you deflect by claiming some of the parties were guilty only of "mere harassment." I seem to recall a certain Herman Cain was ridden out of town on a rail for alleged "mere harassment." And what parent do you know who would shrug off a school employee's sexual harassment of their child?

Amusing how the leftist perspective selectively judges others.

And, further, it has been clearly established that both the Catholic Church and the public school system are guilty of failure to report and intentional transfer of known offenders to equivalent positions within the institution. It's just that the public school system is responsible for 50 MILLION American kids.

But again, that ever-selective leftist perspective deems the Catholic Church's errors to be most egregious.

Hypocrisy defines the left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tired of trump's lies yet? 2 min Free Pizza 4 U 20
Hotel 4 min UTrashy 5
News Columbus to miss revenue projection, Auditor Hu... 10 min They cannot kill ... 4
BREAKING: John Glenn Croaks!!! 15 min 404 not found 5
Poor POS coon-yea 31 min Black Rhino 63
OMG! Trump scores $50 Billion for Americans! 51 min AAA 69
Make America Great Again 53 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 397
Religion in our schools..... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 248
Donald trying to save US $4billion already 14 hr hog hungry 105

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages