Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
Paco, I'm always amused by folks like you who think that if I don't want to join their club, they are obligated to keep telling me why I should, despite the fact that I have already told them I have no intention of joining. And then just to sweeten the deal a bit, they keep informing me that if I don't join their club, their opposing clubs are going to do me harm, so I darned well better join up.
What they don't seem to get, is I don't wish to join either one of them, for the exact same reason.
woof
Yet by your own words, you seek to change or destroy "our club." And frankly, the "other club" you mention does indeed seek to do you harm. That's a fact.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Yet by your own words, you seek to change or destroy "our club." And frankly, the "other club" you mention does indeed seek to do you harm. That's a fact.
Sure Fred.

Did you catch me on video protesting and bombing churches last week or something?

You're a nutcase.

woof

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Can you point me to the extraterrestrial evidence that proves an individual walking the planet at any time in history came from some other realm?
Church based and religious based documents don't count. I'm kind of a skeptical person, ever since about 3rd grade.
I'll wait.
woof
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesu...

The extant manuscripts of the writings of the 1st century Romano-Jewish historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity.[1][2] Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to Jesus in Books 18 and 20 and a reference to John the Baptist in Book 18.[1][3]

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Fred.
Did you catch me on video protesting and bombing churches last week or something?
You're a nutcase.
woof
I don't recall Madalyn Murray O'Hair or your sainted "president" bombing churches, but attack they did.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesu...
The extant manuscripts of the writings of the 1st century Romano-Jewish historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity.[1][2] Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to Jesus in Books 18 and 20 and a reference to John the Baptist in Book 18.[1][3]
No kidding?? A man walked the planet with the name of Jesus.

So what?

woof
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
Paco, I'm always amused by folks like you who think that if I don't want to join their club, they are obligated to keep telling me why I should, despite the fact that I have already told them I have no intention of joining. And then just to sweeten the deal a bit, they keep informing me that if I don't join their club, their opposing clubs are going to do me harm, so I darned well better join up.
What they don't seem to get, is I don't wish to join either one of them, for the exact same reason.
woof
Sounds like any of us who don't want to be liberals or live under liberal policies. You're learning.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>I don't recall Madalyn Murray O'Hair or your sainted "president" bombing churches, but attack they did.
What on earth does any of what you claim in that sentence have to do with whether I am either seeking to "destroy" Christianity, or capable of even putting a dent in it?

You really are nutty.

woof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding?? A man walked the planet with the name of Jesus.
So what?
woof
LOL You asked for documentation outside of the bible, I gave it to you.

Say thanks.......
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like any of us who don't want to be liberals or live under liberal policies. You're learning.
Perhaps so Doctor. But you get to vote for representatives in governmental bodies, and so do I.

We both get to "elect" religious affiliation, or lack of it, in an entirely different manner, having absolutely nothing to do with government.

You're mixing the two.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You asked for documentation outside of the bible, I gave it to you.
Say thanks.......
"Outside of the bible" isn't "extraterrestrial".

There is nothing you can produce to prove that Jesus was not simply an ordinary human being.

Nothing.

woof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing you can produce to prove that Jesus was not simply an ordinary human being.
Nothing.
woof
I was not attempting to. Try to keep up OK.....

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.
woof
From your post:
"Church based and religious based documents don't count."

Yet you used that Ron Jones Titus Ministries web site to desperately claim that the Gospels were originally written in Hebrew.
You're a lawyer? If so, you're a really poor one.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>From your post:
"Church based and religious based documents don't count."
Yet you used that Ron Jones Titus Ministries web site to desperately claim that the Gospels were originally written in Hebrew.
You're a lawyer? If so, you're a really poor one.
Now lets see Paco. The statement I made that you're citing was made in reference to my assertion that there is no proof that Jesus was the son of God, sent from Heaven. If you have proof otherwise, please provide it. Just don't send me anything written by man, OK?

I provided the link to to Mr. Jones' materials in response to your assertion that certain Gospels were written only in Greek.

See the difference Paco?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not attempting to. Try to keep up OK.....
Well then, your response was a bit off topic, and irrelevant to the question that was asked then.

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now lets see Paco. The statement I made that you're citing was made in reference to my assertion that there is no proof that Jesus was the son of God, sent from Heaven. If you have proof otherwise, please provide it. Just don't send me anything written by man, OK?
I provided the link to to Mr. Jones' materials in response to your assertion that certain Gospels were written only in Greek.
See the difference Paco?
woof
All I see is that you got caught and you're pissed.
Carry on!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>All I see is that you got caught and you're pissed.
Carry on!
Caught????

you're a hoot Paco!!!

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Caught????
you're a hoot Paco!!!
woof
Nabbed? Busted? Exposed? Call it what you will, "lawyer."
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.
woof
The fact that he is mentioned in multiple religious books should make you think that there was something extraordinary about him. Make no mistake - I don't identify as a Christian. However, I think that when certain aspects of various religions are in synch, one should take pause. Moreover, if you were enlightened you would know that there is a whole lot out there that the Bible doesn't cover, and you would have your own personal experiences to back it up. The most closed-minded people are the ones who often think they're the smartest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, your response was a bit off topic, and irrelevant to the question that was asked then.
woof
LMFAO..
You asked in your post #210 for documentation outside of religious writings that the historical Jesus existed. I gave you an an example from the secular historian Josephus.
If you are looking for extraterrestrial documentation you are going to need to take another hit of acid.

I know it is hard for you to deal with someone like me, an agnostic, pro gay rights hard core conservative.

You are just as wrong on this thread as you were when you thought you could type crazy mooonkiees and get away with it. Dumb ayse...

Frankly you are a troll and waste of space on topix.

There is no doubt in my mind that your continued bashing of the Catholic church is due to the fact that you have no cogent point to make on the current topic, you just want to continue baiting George.

Frankly you are a petulant whining white guilt piece of........

cracker.......LMAO
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>Nabbed? Busted? Exposed? Call it what you will, "lawyer."
I'll try one more time Paco. Pay close attention:
<quoted text>No educated person denies that Jesus Christ walked the earth.
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Can you point me to the extraterrestrial evidence that proves an individual walking the planet at any time in history came from some other realm?
Church based and religious based documents don't count. I'm kind of a skeptical person, ever since about 3rd grade.
I'll wait.
woof
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How old was she? You know that "virgin" in Hebrew translates to "young girl" don't you? Did God get Mary's consent before planting that seed?
<quoted text>BTW, what does Hebrew have to do with anything? Jesus and his family spoke Aramaic and the Gospels of Matthew and Luke were written in Greek.
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure about that? It was quite a long time ago, long before Michener.
http://www.hebrewgospel.com/Matthew%20Two%20G...
woof

See Fred?

Two different discussions about two related subjects taking place in the same thread.

This is always your game when an argument doesn't go your way, isn't it Paco. Its as if you're losing a game of chess, so you decide to remove the board while I'm taking a leak, and when I come back into the room, you're sitting there with two hands of blackjack dealt on the table instead, hoping I won't notice that the chessboard is gone.

You're really a hoot!!!

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of1,095
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 28,474
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 68
Reporter's request: Appealed a parking ticket? ... (Feb '10) 1 hr Joseph S Muse 19
When will Obama be Arrested???? 2 hr Zombie Corpse Rental 31
Where is Catman Dave and BizzyBee 3 hr d pantz 89
President Obama violated Constitution in 2012 3 hr Male 98
Do you agree with Obama spending $260/day on il... 3 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••