Columbus, firefighters union at odds ...

Columbus, firefighters union at odds over - light duty'

There are 4 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 24, 2013, titled Columbus, firefighters union at odds over - light duty'. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Plans to fix a policy that allows Columbus firefighters to sit behind a desk and earn full pay while recovering from an injury - sometimes for years - have stalled because union and city officials cannot reach an agreement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

hey hey black Albert

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 25, 2013
This is all well and good to discuss now, but what happens when Paxton the Mystical Chief has filled the ranks with somalis and they want to wage jihad while on disability?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#2 Oct 25, 2013
The original intent of "light duty" was to keep lost time accident rates down. No doubt in my mind its being abused in many cases.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#3 Oct 26, 2013
hey hey black Albert wrote:
This is all well and good to discuss now, but what happens when Paxton the Mystical Chief has filled the ranks with somalis and they want to wage jihad while on disability?
They don't have to be in good shape to be a suicide bomber.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#4 Oct 26, 2013
If they insist and get ths then they should be replacing office and administration staff. No need to have more on the payroll than needed.

If they can't do their job and want to continue on the rolls then they replace office workers.

Fire the office workers.

Personally I'm fed up with lofty position firefighters and police are given.

70% of all firefighters are volunteers but you never see parades or lavish exhibitions for them. I don't know the percentage of auxiliary police and sheriff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CNN: Bush now more popular than Obama! 19 min Ecossais 138
Feral cats plague Cincinnati suburb with foul s... 20 min Pale Rider 5
Worst President in History 26 min Ecossais 692
News Kasich Not Invited To Speak At Big Conservative... 42 min Reality Speaks 168
So...can Obama at least dance? 49 min Ecossais 3
Bumper Stickers 53 min Pope Che Reagan C... 45
Pensioners queue outside Greek banks amid withd... 55 min Reality Speaks 7
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 16 hr Doc 48
dana turtle Sun tom 54
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages