of 9
Next Last

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Jan 8, 2014
News
Christie ‘Outraged’ By ‘Unacceptable’ Email Exchanges Over GWB Lane Closures
Fort Lee Mayor:'That Is Saddest Political Commentary That You Could Possibly Imagine' January 8, 2014 11:03 PM
Share on email 211

TRENTON, N.J.(CBSNewYork/AP)— New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie responded Wednesday afternoon to email exchanges made public earlier in the day linking a top aide to the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal that has been under investigation.

“What I’ve seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions,” the governor said in a statement.

Hearings on the issue begin Thursday, a day after the emails were released.

As CBS 2’s Jessica Schneider reported, Christie had said previously that no one in his office or his campaign knew about the lane closures back in September.

But the email and text messages between Christie’s deputy chief of staff and the governor’s appointees to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey show a seemingly deliberate effort to create traffic gridlock by shutting Fort Lee’s access to the George Washington Bridge after its mayor refused to endorse Christie for re-election.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/01/08/email-...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2 Jan 8, 2014
I like fatboy, have you seen Che?

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#3 Jan 9, 2014
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
News
Fort Lee Mayor:'That Is Saddest Political Commentary That You Could Possibly Imagine' January 8, 2014 11:03 PM
Share on email 211
TRENTON, N.J.(CBSNewYork/AP)— New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie responded Wednesday afternoon to email exchanges made public earlier in the day linking a top aide to the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal that has been under investigation.
“What I’ve seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions,” the governor said in a statement.
As CBS 2’s Jessica Schneider reported, Christie had said previously that no one in his office or his campaign knew about the lane closures back in September.
But the email and text messages between Christie’s deputy chief of staff and the governor’s appointees to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey show a seemingly deliberate effort to create traffic gridlock by shutting Fort Lee’s access to the George Washington Bridge after its mayor refused to endorse Christie for re-election.
I wonder when The Economist will weigh in on this.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Lewis Center, OH

#4 Jan 9, 2014
I am interested to see how he handles this. The spin shall be entertaining.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#5 Jan 9, 2014
GlitterSucks wrote:
Just wait until the redacted portions of those emails are published and it is revealed that Fatboy, not his minions, actually ordered the lane closures.

Game over.

woof

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#6 Jan 9, 2014
News
Share on email 211
Atta boy Chris. Sit back, draw a fat paycheck and the events of the day will eventually filter down to your desk.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#7 Jan 9, 2014
I'm only interested in Obama scandals.
WeGotPizza4U

Reynoldsburg, OH

#8 Jan 9, 2014
Let's just NOTE for the record that Rachel Maddow/MSNBC has been all over this story for MONTHS and Faux News has still been downplaying the story as recently as last night...ZERO mention of it on O'Reilly or Hannity yesterday....
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Jan 9, 2014
O'Really and Shamnity aren't journalists anyway, they're more like cardboard cutouts...
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#10 Jan 9, 2014
GlitterSucks wrote:
Spin? Christie was in charge.

Nuff said.

He's just yet another arrogant Republican liar.
The Party is full of them.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#11 Jan 9, 2014
I watched quite a bit of that news conference today. I must say, he did sound very apologetic and sincere.

But really...

The folks in Jersey are being expected to believe that Fatboy noticed the traffic jams going on for four days, asked what was going on on the first day, and then he simply accepted the explanation from his staffers that it was a "traffic study", and returned to eating doughnuts???

Hmmmm.

woof
undertow now

Columbus, OH

#12 Jan 9, 2014
Serves that moving giant pile of sh^t right. You know the FF would throw the election to Hillary...like on the last day of October 16 he'd admit to being a jihadi.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#13 Jan 9, 2014
undertow now wrote:
Serves that moving giant pile of sh^t right. You know the FF would throw the election to Hillary...like on the last day of October 16 he'd admit to being a jihadi.
I think this all but ends his Presidential chances.

The next blip on the radar screen is Paul "Amnesty" Ryan. He's almost certain to pick up the establishment nod now.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14 Jan 9, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this all but ends his Presidential chances.
The next blip on the radar screen is Paul "Amnesty" Ryan. He's almost certain to pick up the establishment nod now.
Looky thar Karl...we agree on something.

I mean, your first statement anyway.

woof
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#15 Jan 9, 2014
Wellll-DUH!!! It's Faux News!!!
==========
CNN: Fox's Minimal Coverage Of Christie Scandal May Have Political Motivations

Blog ››› 7 hours and 11 minutes ago ››› ELLIE SANDMEYER

CNN media critic Brian Stelter questioned Fox News' minimal coverage of the political retribution scandal surrounding New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, suggesting that Fox executive Roger Ailes' role as a "Republican kingmaker" and his support of a Christie presidential campaign may be a reason the network initially ignored the breaking story.

On January 8, news broke that Christie's administration may have deliberately created gridlock in Fort Lee, NJ by ordering the closure of several lanes of the George Washington Bridge as retribution for the town mayor's refusal to endorse Christie's gubernatorial re-election bid. Christie has publicly denied the swirling allegations of his involvement for months, but newly released emails show his deputy chief of staff seemingly requesting the lane closures.

As Media Matters reported, both CNN and MSNBC quickly reported on the new revelation -- but it took Fox News nearly six hours from the time the story broke to mention it on air.

The next day, CNN's New Day highlighted Fox's minimal discussion of the story, and senior media correspondent and Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter wondered if political motivations were to blame. Stelter pointed to Fox News chairman Roger Ailes' reputation as a "Republican kingmaker" and noted that Ailes "has in the past tried to enlist Chris Christie to run for president" and "has been said to be a big fan of Chris Christie."

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#16 Jan 9, 2014
Scheherazade wrote:
Wellll-DUH!!! It's Faux News!!!
==========
CNN: Fox's Minimal Coverage Of Christie Scandal May Have Political Motivations
Blog ››› 7 hours and 11 minutes ago ››› ELLIE SANDMEYER
CNN media critic Brian Stelter questioned Fox News' minimal coverage of the political retribution scandal surrounding New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, suggesting that Fox executive Roger Ailes' role as a "Republican kingmaker" and his support of a Christie presidential campaign may be a reason the network initially ignored the breaking story.
On January 8, news broke that Christie's administration may have deliberately created gridlock in Fort Lee, NJ by ordering the closure of several lanes of the George Washington Bridge as retribution for the town mayor's refusal to endorse Christie's gubernatorial re-election bid. Christie has publicly denied the swirling allegations of his involvement for months, but newly released emails show his deputy chief of staff seemingly requesting the lane closures.
As Media Matters reported, both CNN and MSNBC quickly reported on the new revelation -- but it took Fox News nearly six hours from the time the story broke to mention it on air.
The next day, CNN's New Day highlighted Fox's minimal discussion of the story, and senior media correspondent and Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter wondered if political motivations were to blame. Stelter pointed to Fox News chairman Roger Ailes' reputation as a "Republican kingmaker" and noted that Ailes "has in the past tried to enlist Chris Christie to run for president" and "has been said to be a big fan of Chris Christie."
Reader, you're pathetic:

NBC and ABC swing and miss on Benghazi; CBS covers the Obama misdirection
http://bearingdrift.com/2012/10/18/nbc-and-ab...

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#17 Jan 9, 2014
They don't call the GOP "The Stupid Party" for nothing...

Boehner: Christie remains presidential contender
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/09/3860834...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#18 Jan 9, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Looky thar Karl...we agree on something.
I mean, your first statement anyway.
woof
If he plays this right, he has the potential to come out of it stronger than before.

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#19 Jan 9, 2014
Once again, notice how conservatives will call out Republicans when they've obviously been caught in wrongdoing...we did it with Nixon, too.
But leftists holding Democrats responsible for anything? Never.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#20 Jan 9, 2014
<quoted text>Reader, you're pathetic:
NBC and ABC swing and miss on Benghazi; CBS covers the Obama misdirection
http://bearingdrift.com/2012/10/18/nbc-and-ab...
Oops. You just violated rule number 3.
3. Somebody Else Did It Before (aka Two Wrongs Make a Right)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COPS lives MATTER 7 min They cannot kill ... 8
Columbus police issue warning about attempted c... 8 min White cop 2
Boko Haram kidnaps 172 MORE women and girls!!! 30 min Texas Rose 10
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 40 min d pantz 9
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 53 min d pantz 341
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 304
End of Life on Earth 3 hr Reality Speaks 11
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Neutral Party 4,824
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:01 am PST

CBS Sports 5:01AM