Prosecutor: Report would end Ohio dea...

Prosecutor: Report would end Ohio death penalty

There are 70 comments on the The Marion Star story from Apr 10, 2014, titled Prosecutor: Report would end Ohio death penalty. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Retired appeals court judge James Brogan, right, chairman of the Ohio Supreme Court death penalty review committee, addresses concerns about the layout of the panel's 71-page report as committee vice chairman, Franklin County Judge Stephen McIntosh, examines the document on Thursday, April 10, 2014, in Columbus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
These are People

Fort Worth, TX

#63 Apr 29, 2014
OK Transpsosition, what is MLA?

I have composed quite a bit of business letters and do know capitalization of pronouns is not considered correct; however, if you feel it is modern to do so, go ahead. It doesn't bother me a bit.

As for God, I feel his name should be capitalized and have always seen it that way. However, again do as you please.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#64 Apr 29, 2014
These are People wrote:
I have composed quite a bit of business letters and do know capitalization of pronouns is not considered correct; however, if you feel it is modern to do so, go ahead. It doesn't bother me a bit.
As for God, I feel his name should be capitalized and have always seen it that way. However, again do as you please.
It's the Modern Language Association, one of the two definitive guides to American English use, alongside the APA for journalists. It's like a style guide for the language for professional and academic writing and is highly recommended for anyone working with American English.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#65 Apr 30, 2014
These are People wrote:
She wants the word God banned, or be subject to imprisonment.
These are People

Fort Worth, TX

#66 Apr 30, 2014
Reality Speaks, Wow, have you got a problem with interpretation. I want just the opposite of what you are stating.
These are People

Fort Worth, TX

#67 Apr 30, 2014
OK, Tranpsositiion, I see what you are saying. Most of my writing has been business letters with the Federal Government. That was not accepted there. Nor, was it accepted back when I went to school (which my kids always thought was just passed the horse and buggy days).

If I decide I want to be a journalist then I guess I will need to check out the MLA, Thanks for your response.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#68 Apr 30, 2014
These are People wrote:
OK, Tranpsositiion, I see what you are saying. Most of my writing has been business letters with the Federal Government. That was not accepted there. Nor, was it accepted back when I went to school (which my kids always thought was just passed the horse and buggy days).
If I decide I want to be a journalist then I guess I will need to check out the MLA, Thanks for your response.
Journalists use the APA standards. MLA is for business and academic writing, though I can't imagine that this specific use case is likely to turn up! Optional use cases can be pretty easily ignored :)

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#69 Apr 30, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
She wants the word God banned, or be subject to imprisonment.
Then what would women scream during sex?
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#70 Apr 30, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what would women scream during sex?
Pay me?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#71 Apr 30, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay me?
sharp as a razor you are.

you made me laugh out loud very hard.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#72 Apr 30, 2014
These are People wrote:
Reality Speaks, Wow, have you got a problem with interpretation. I want just the opposite of what you are stating.
so do most Americans.

Transpo is an atheist.

I understand perfectly.

PS: have you had some bad hail storms this spring? I miss Fort Worth, and used to travel there every month. Your downtown is a fun place. The Worthington Hotel is a nice place, and you have many nice places to eat and drink. The stockyard is also a fun hangout.

Fort Worth get's crazy weather, and the largest hail I have ever seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tired of trump's lies yet? 3 min George 37
People of Topix 12 min Tha PREACHER 8
Drumpf's Latest Cabinet Picks: Mayor McCheese, ... 14 min BizzyBee 11
Make America Great Again 18 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 400
Trump dumps "Hail to the Chief" for new anthem 27 min Seriouslesbian 2
OMG! Trump scores $50 Billion for Americans! 51 min Reality Speaks 74
Trump- a ONE Term President 1 hr Reality Speaks 204
Religion in our schools..... 1 hr Reality Speaks 250
Donald trying to save US $4billion already Thu hog hungry 105

Columbus Jobs