• No
Comments
141 - 160 of 481 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2013
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#148 Mar 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
They had the Winter Olympics in 1984, in Sarajevo.
Few years later, war.
Coming soon to your neighborhood...
London should be bracing.

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

#149 Mar 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat, they had the Winter Olympics. Most of the generation that fought in the civil wars were not WWII veterans, and nearly all were born after WWII, the last time the area was in war.
Turn the lights off for three days and this land will be in chaos. Just like in New Orleans after Katrina, but everywhere at the same time.
Just not seeing it as feasible.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#150 Mar 31, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
America isn't even close to Sarajevo. I cannot say civil war is an impossibility just like you can't say it's a certainty. But I can offer the opinion that based on our culture, our military's abilities, among other things, it is highly doubtful. People in this country are more passionate about American Idol than they are about gun control or anything of substance. That is a huge difference between our coddled culture and the culture of a place like Sarajevo where the people there have been exposed to war, hardships, etc.
Ummm...from the mid '60s through the late '80s, the average Yugoslav citizen was far better off than any other Eastern European, and arguably better off than many Italians, Greeks and Spaniards. These people had no idea of what awaited them beginning with an economic meltdown (sound familiar?) in 1989-90 to the genocidal wars that followed.

Hilliard, OH

#151 Mar 31, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just not seeing it as feasible.
Did you see 9/11 as "feasible"? Tom Clancy was laughed at with his similar scenario in "Debt of Honor" in 1994.

Hilliard, OH

#152 Mar 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Perhaps they should...Greater London has ethnic issues very similar to those seen 30 years ago in Yugoslavia.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

#153 Mar 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Recall the riots from two years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

YT is now a minority in the place where the empire began.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#154 Mar 31, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and the trend forcing a govt issued ID, and jailing those who break voting laws locked up for 5 years will be implemented prior to 2016 election, or a civil war will break out.
you are correct when saying it is not worth arguing over, because the people will take the law into their hands, because it is very apparent the law enforcement agencies refuse to do so.
Deer hunters alone outnumber law enforcement 5 to 1.
serious question....had 1 vote per person who sacrificed to make it to the polls been counted, Obama is not re-elected.
3 million votes determined outcome of election, a 1% win.
with 10% fake votes, then Obama lost by 9% in reality.
Talks of another Obama term being inevitable assures the inevitable civil war.
how much ammo do you have stocked up, or are your plans to cry victim?
This could be the best Reality Speaks post ever.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#155 Mar 31, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps they should...Greater London has ethnic issues very similar to those seen 30 years ago in Yugoslavia.
http://www.londonspovertyprofile.org.uk/indic...

Only reason I am aware of this is because it's been a topic of discussion in a Polish heritage group I belong to.

Hilliard, OH

#156 Mar 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect Karl to believe you. He's busy prepping.
woof
If you don't have a week's work of non-perishable food and water put away, you're a fool.
In the dark

Columbus, OH

#157 Mar 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat, they had the Winter Olympics. Most of the generation that fought in the civil wars were not WWII veterans, and nearly all were born after WWII, the last time the area was in war.
Turn the lights off for three days and this land will be in chaos. Just like in New Orleans after Katrina, but everywhere at the same time.
Lights were off longer than that just last summer. No wars, no chaos.

Seems like we have had a major outage at least once a year every year in the last 10 years or so.

Was there chaos following Hurrican Sandy? I missed it.

#158 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>If you don't have a week's work of non-perishable food and water put away, you're a fool.
30 days is what people reasonably should have.

6 mos is my goal for know.

Hilliard, OH

#159 Mar 31, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Only reason I am aware of this is because it's been a topic of discussion in a Polish heritage group I belong to.
Polish migration to England is quite the topic of discussion over there these days. They're a breath of fresh air compared to the Muzzie invaders, but they're unfortunately being swept up in the fiscal debate on immigration.

Hilliard, OH

#160 Mar 31, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
30 days is what people reasonably should have.
6 mos is my goal for know.
True. But there's no excuse for even lower income folks not to have a week's supply.
The other issue is that after seven days, a lot of people are going to be out of luck with prescriptions and other medical issues...they're finished if order isn't restored for 30 days.
"One Second After" really pounds that point home.

Hilliard, OH

#161 Mar 31, 2013
In the dark wrote:
<quoted text>
Lights were off longer than that just last summer. No wars, no chaos.
Seems like we have had a major outage at least once a year every year in the last 10 years or so.
Was there chaos following Hurrican Sandy? I missed it.
Imagine a national emergency with no power for a week. And no electricity means no fuel. A fully stocked grocery store has enough stock for three days of "normal" shopping. Now imagine no deliveries for a week or more.
It would be ugly.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#162 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Polish migration to England is quite the topic of discussion over there these days. They're a breath of fresh air compared to the Muzzie invaders, but they're unfortunately being swept up in the fiscal debate on immigration.
Agreed. The problem as you pointed out isn't the immigrants from other European nations in general. It's the Muslims. Most Poles who land there are there for one of two things (as a lot of foreigners here): work or to establish citizenship. I just found the number of Pakistanis and Nigerians who settle there interesting. Islam is a large component of many Nigerians' cultural identity. I don't know how aware of this a lot of folks are--lots seem to think it's a benign issue because it was once a British colony. It was a side issue with some of the discussions I'd seen fly past my email, but interesting enough to check it out.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#163 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>If you don't have a week's work of non-perishable food and water put away, you're a fool.
Water's in the well. I can get it out.

Food's in the cupboard.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#164 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Imagine a national emergency with no power for a week. And no electricity means no fuel. A fully stocked grocery store has enough stock for three days of "normal" shopping. Now imagine no deliveries for a week or more.
It would be ugly.
On the bright side Mark, no Topix.

woof
Neutral Party

Louisville, KY

#165 Mar 31, 2013
For thirty years Rush has been a consistent conservative. Based on beliefs, he has been a leader in the movement. I for one believe Rush to be as good a spokesman for the cause as Reagan. Rush the entertainer is sometimes loud, arrogant and cocky. But hey, when your right you can do that.

All with half his brain. What a man!

#166 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Polish migration to England is quite the topic of discussion over there these days. They're a breath of fresh air compared to the Muzzie invaders, but they're unfortunately being swept up in the fiscal debate on immigration.
UK immigration is more than Islam or Eastern Europeans, it's also the Black Caribbeans and Sikhs.

The Japanese don't play games with this, it is damn near impossible to get into Japan, and thus in 100 years, Japan will still exist unless it decides that leftism is a swell idea.

Sikhs have historical animosity towards Islam, so they are not a problem for Westerners.

The problem in many cases is that far too many South Asians are motivated by AWR and think that anger against Islam is race based.

Hilliard, OH

#167 Mar 31, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The problem as you pointed out isn't the immigrants from other European nations in general. It's the Muslims. Most Poles who land there are there for one of two things (as a lot of foreigners here): work or to establish citizenship. I just found the number of Pakistanis and Nigerians who settle there interesting. Islam is a large component of many Nigerians' cultural identity. I don't know how aware of this a lot of folks are--lots seem to think it's a benign issue because it was once a British colony. It was a side issue with some of the discussions I'd seen fly past my email, but interesting enough to check it out.
One of the reasons you see so many Commonwealth nations sending immigrants to Britain is the fact that when these nations were being granted independence (generally 1977-1980), there was fear that newly established governments might not do right by their citizens, so as British subjects, they were allowed residency in Britain. In fact, that even occurred with Canada. With 1931 and full Canadian sovereignty approaching, many Canadians left for Britain out of fear of a "new order" that might see Canada becoming more American and less British. In a lot of ways, they were correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 10 min get alife 2,292
Almighty God OR rabid allah??? 14 min citizen one 14
Obama Announcing Girls' Adoptions 16 min citizen one 8
WHY Does America Hate Obama so much? 18 min citizen one 24
WHY does ISIS Love Obama So Much?? DOHHhhhhhhhhh 21 min citizen one 1
~~~~~ OJ Simpson Joining ISIS 25 min citizen one 2
Why do racists hate Obama so much ? 39 min Frugalady 8
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr sidekick 114
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••