Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how if we do something wrong for a long enough period of time, it magically becomes right.
You just described leftism to a tee...abortion, homosexuality...

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and the GOP has lost 2 elections because a conservative was not on the ballot.
root cause of problem solved.
PS: Rush Limbaugh has higher ratings per episode than any TV show aired today. Fact....look it up.
So when you say only Archie Bunker listens to him, that represents the largest % of the population that watches TV or listens to the radio.
Why do they listen to that guy??? There's Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Hugh Hewitt, Dennis Prager, Dennis Miller, and a load of other 'conservatives' who are more educated, intellectual, more politically astute than he is, more entertaining, yet this fat bloviating clown gets higher ratings???

I don't get it. He's crap, and I think the over 55's are accustomed to stick with a brand until it fades out or goes belly up. That's who his core audience is. I heard loads of people call in progressive talk shows from down south, and say every other station they turn to has Limp ball on it!!
That's called monopolizing the market. No freedom of choice besides turning the radio off.

I like Mike Savage. That guy is not a industry man at all. He tells it like it is, like it or not, and has that east coast Bronx attitude of not taking any shit. Limpball is what people in the hood would call a 'studio gangster' like that fat rapper Rick Ross, who's at the top of the charts rapping about stuff he's never done. Reich is an industry whore who is melded in that chair and has no value. Repeats the same old tired crap day after day, and you tell me what type of 'intelligent' person listens to him? Like I said, his core audience are old southern white men who are accustomed to sticking with a brand. You know the type, afraid to try something new because it takes them out of their comfort zone. Those are Rush's 'Ditto heads'. Even that term he's named them is offensive, but they're too stupid and fixated to know it.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Why do they listen to that guy??? There's Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Hugh Hewitt, Dennis Prager, Dennis Miller, and a load of other 'conservatives' who are more educated, intellectual, more politically astute than he is, more entertaining, yet this fat bloviating clown gets higher ratings???
I don't get it. He's crap, and I think the over 55's are accustomed to stick with a brand until it fades out or goes belly up. That's who his core audience is. I heard loads of people call in progressive talk shows from down south, and say every other station they turn to has Limp ball on it!!
That's called monopolizing the market. No freedom of choice besides turning the radio off.
I like Mike Savage. That guy is not a industry man at all. He tells it like it is, like it or not, and has that east coast Bronx attitude of not taking any shit. Limpball is what people in the hood would call a 'studio gangster' like that fat rapper Rick Ross, who's at the top of the charts rapping about stuff he's never done. Reich is an industry whore who is melded in that chair and has no value. Repeats the same old tired crap day after day, and you tell me what type of 'intelligent' person listens to him? Like I said, his core audience are old southern white men who are accustomed to sticking with a brand. You know the type, afraid to try something new because it takes them out of their comfort zone. Those are Rush's 'Ditto heads'. Even that term he's named them is offensive, but they're too stupid and fixated to know it.
true answer........

Rush pioneered conservative TV & Radio.

For years he points out time and time again mistakes our Government makes, and at times offer solutions.

interactive talk radio was re-defined by Rush.

The time slot he owns happens to capture audience members, as lots of people drive during that 3 hour period.

Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Why do they listen to that guy??? There's Michael Medved, Michael Savage, Hugh Hewitt, Dennis Prager, Dennis Miller, and a load of other 'conservatives' who are more educated, intellectual, more politically astute than he is, more entertaining, yet this fat bloviating clown gets higher ratings???
I would challenge your statement about the audience.

the person who listens to Rush regularly, has a yearly income 50% greater than the national average at minimum.

The net worth of a Rush audience member family, is triple at minimum the national average.

70% of Rush audience are home owners.

your above post points out exactly why not 1 single liberal media organization can turn a profit.

what you call stupid, is what was known as the American dream.

Having a nice house with plenty of expendable income is now trumpeted as being stupid.

seems you liberals have a never ending ambition to re-define words.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how if we do something wrong for a long enough period of time, it magically becomes right.
In any event, you are late to the game on this one. The entire argument started when I was declared to be stupid by one of the resident idiots for spelling the word correctly. So the real issue isn't whether "toadie" is acceptable but whether "toady" is. And clearly you acknowledge that "toady" is correct so thank you.
Yes, both uses are correct.

Since: Jan 12

Prospect, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I would challenge your statement about the audience.
the person who listens to Rush regularly, has a yearly income 50% greater than the national average at minimum.
The net worth of a Rush audience member family, is triple at minimum the national average.
70% of Rush audience are home owners.
your above post points out exactly why not 1 single liberal media organization can turn a profit.
what you call stupid, is what was known as the American dream.
Having a nice house with plenty of expendable income is now trumpeted as being stupid.
seems you liberals have a never ending ambition to re-define words.
His core audience ...55 and over whitemen, home owners, well duh! Doesn't matter what region their location is in the country, they're his core who follows his brand of lame repeated dialogue like I said.
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> His core audience ...55 and over whitemen, home owners, well duh! Doesn't matter what region their location is in the country, they're his core who follows his brand of lame repeated dialogue like I said.
No core group is more lame than the supporters of your god Gaybama. You people cannot even figure out that he his "cabinet" is all white, all gay and all male and that you don't have any jobs and remain a permanent underclass.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
No core group is more lame than the supporters of your god Gaybama. You people cannot even figure out that he his "cabinet" is all white, all gay and all male and that you don't have any jobs and remain a permanent underclass.
The poorest regions of this country are also the most conservative.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
quit being greedy, and write them a check

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what you mean by "region." Metro Detroit is hardly conservative. Ditto St. Louis. The northern half of Maine isn't conservative. Mississippi's 2nd congressional district is one of the poorest and blackest in the country.
The most conservative states are Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Utah and Alaska. None of them are poverty stricken.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
is Zanesville, Cambridge,Marietta, Newark, Grove City, Reynoldsburg, Columbus, Whitehall, Marion, Dayton, Toledo, Washington Court House, Akron, Canton, Cleveland, all those conservative regions?

Above certainly represents poor....but conservative is less than 20% of above population. Good thing most of the citizens of above are to stupid to know what poll they can vote at, and then how to get there on election day all by themselves.

Democratic party must continue to change the voting laws, so the inept can vote for them.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
George is on target.

Take a look at some of the metro regions of Ohio: Toledo, Cleveland, Dayton, and even Cinci and Cbus.

Toledo? Inner city, quite poor. Very liberal, they keep voting in Marcy Kaptur.
Dayton? Just drive down I75 and take the 35 East exit. Drive down Keowee St. or Linden, better yet, drive through the west side, near where the old McCall's printing plant was. Very liberal areas. Take a look at Mayor McHat.
Cbus? Ever been to the far east side, near Whitehall? Quite liberal, quite poor.

But then, go to the suburbs. Toledo burbs, Dayton burbs, Columbus burbs--plenty of affluence. Particularly the burbs between Cinci and Dayton. Lots of money down there.

Michigan? Detroit, poorer than hell in the city. Leave Detroit, and most of Michigan is rather conservative, particularly in the north.

The heavily populated regions often carry a state in the general elections. Look at what happened in Ohio past presidential election.

You can't apply stereotypes. Southern states follow often the same pattern I believe. Atlanta is not conservative, and has a huge population and yet much of rural Georgia is very conservative. And while there are poor all over the place, rural Georgia can't be painted with a broad swath as being "poor." Many solid middle class and upper class in the rural south.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not.

The poorest regions of this country are Indian Reservations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_pr...

The darkest of the blue is a Reservation, and trades places with another reservation for status of "poorest county"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lowest-i...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
George is on target.
Take a look at some of the metro regions of Ohio: Toledo, Cleveland, Dayton, and even Cinci and Cbus.
Dayton? Just drive down I75 and take the 35 East exit. Drive down Keowee St. or Linden, better yet, drive through the west side, near where the old McCall's printing plant was. Very liberal areas. Take a look at Mayor McHat.
Cbus? Ever been to the far east side, near Whitehall? Quite liberal, quite poor.
But then, go to the suburbs. Toledo burbs, Dayton burbs, Columbus burbs--plenty of affluence. Particularly the burbs between Cinci and Dayton. Lots of money down there.
Michigan? Detroit, poorer than hell in the city. Leave Detroit, and most of Michigan is rather conservative, particularly in the north.
The heavily populated regions often carry a state in the general elections. Look at what happened in Ohio past presidential election.
You can't apply stereotypes. Southern states follow often the same pattern I believe. Atlanta is not conservative, and has a huge population and yet much of rural Georgia is very conservative. And while there are poor all over the place, rural Georgia can't be painted with a broad swath as being "poor." Many solid middle class and upper class in the rural south.
The poverty in the South, is largely centered in the demographic of the south that votes D.

They happen to have a lot more of that than we do.

MI is more Reagan Democrats, than conservative.

GA still has two Blue Dog Ds in the House.
Bingo

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
George is on target.
And that in a nutshell is the Republican dilemma. Their policies keep making more poor folk and the poor keep voting Dem.

Put that in your autopsy Reince!
Liar

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

I listen to Rush.

But like every other American I deny it.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>
And that in a nutshell is the Republican dilemma. Their policies keep making more poor folk and the poor keep voting Dem.
So, just how are the Demonrats helping those poor, oppressed masses who vote for them?
It bears repeating:
October, 2006 US unemployment rate: 4.4%
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2006/nov/wk1/art0...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Liar wrote:
I listen to Rush.
His audience is around 13 million, largest news show in all mediums, considering the size of the country, it isn't that much, but is higher than anyone on TV.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I can agree with that conclusion.

It begs the issue of "wealth redistribution." And ignoring the fact that the majority of the population isn't in poverty nor in extreme wealth, but middle class.

If I had a magic wand, we'd have a viable third party. One less focused on social issues and power grabs, one more focused on limited government and sane taxation and expenditures, with accountability and transparency. One of the reasons we're in the pickle we are now is the strangle hold of the Dems on the presidency and the stranglehold the repubs have on Congress. We're getting nothing done, and Congressional repubs seem to lack any strategy. Look at this issue of sequestration and what happened this week. Another "extension," another "compromise," the can got kicked down the road a bit further to actually be resolved with the FY14 budget.

Not the traditional "conservative" though. I don't really think pulling the taxpayer's attention onto social issues such as gay marriage and off of fiscal issues right now is a great strategy. It's not resolving anything, just dividing us further. Both sides are in a major ideological war, and no one is winning. I don't mean to take this discussion off on a segue of gay marriage, either. Adults today, like those in Congress and our President, have severely limited attention spans... and go for the easy way into a disagreement instead of looking for areas of consensus to work with. It's "more fun" to live with indecisiveness and argumentativeness than doing the "right thing" and focusing on the most threatening, pressing problems and resolving them.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Liar wrote:
I listen to Rush.
You may be a liar, I happen to listen to Diane Rehm pocasts on my iPhone at lunch. Much more interesting, even if she's a liberal. Excellent interviewer. Rush just bores me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 22 min hypocrite 2,269
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 33 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,190
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 41 min Pope Che Reagan C... 195
ISIS beheads James Foley 1 hr Lou 83
Poor, Poor Sarah Palin 1 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 1 hr Duke for Mayor 64
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 22

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••