Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other Apocalyptic scenarios you would like to make up? What will happen if Zumarian Warlords invade? What will you do if the Inter-Galactic response is Morellsian peace keeper? What will you do then, huh?
Oh, I'm back to being a whore again? Not much time for that between work and hubby and my family. But if it makes you feel superior in some, sad, small way...have at it. Lord knows you hating me puts me in good company.

I wasn't correcting your spelling. Your responded to George's post with about ten lines that consisted of the word "stamp."

I made a play on that word saying you were actually showing support for the loon professor in FL that ordered his class to "stomp" on the word Jesus.

Get off topix and look at the world before you post.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Goody. Please tell us about the impending UN vote and what is going to happen as a result of it.
Find out for yourself. nobody is on here to cater to you and your classless posts.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I'm back to being a whore again? Not much time for that between work and hubby and my family. But if it makes you feel superior in some, sad, small way...have at it. Lord knows you hating me puts me in good company.
I wasn't correcting your spelling. Your responded to George's post with about ten lines that consisted of the word "stamp."
I made a play on that word saying you were actually showing support for the loon professor in FL that ordered his class to "stomp" on the word Jesus.
Get off topix and look at the world before you post.
Now this is a fascinating tactic. Not only do you respond to a post that wasn't to you, but you bring up matters discussed on a different thread. I can only assume the purpose is to try to create some plausible deniability about what you are claiming and making it harder to tell that you are being disingenuous.

To address your assertion that you weren't correcting my spelling of the word "stamp," let's look at what you wrote on the thread where I actually used that word, shall we?
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I can make of it is that Che is showing support for that looney lib professor in FL telling his students to stomp on Jesus, but has the word 'stomp' wrong or misspelled.
Dean was on TV apologizing all over tonight.
You must have meant something other than I had misused or misspelled the word when you said that I had misused or misspelled the word. Carumba.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
I like how nobody here listens to the big fat idiot but somehow the catchphrases he uses end up in posts anyway.
woof
Because they become part of the general lexicon. How is that unusual when someone has 15 hours a week of national radio airtime on 600 stations? Words like "feminazi" are recognized by people who have never listened to him.

Since: Jan 12

Westland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Because they become part of the general lexicon. How is that unusual when someone has 15 hours a week of national radio airtime on 600 stations? Words like "feminazi" are recognized by people who have never listened to him.
He's lame and corny! Making shuffling paper sounds on the mic and weak antics of such foolishness. I doubt if he's gained any new significant listeners to that show. Mostly over 55 white males of the Archie Bunker generation listen to that closeted cream puff.

Anyone with any real grasp on reality wouldn't tune in to him everyday. He's a industry whore and Conservatives like Mike Savage are blackballed by the likes of Limpbaugh and his ass kissing side kick Hannity.

They don't call themselves Republicans, it's Conservative now. When was the ticket changed? I never seen a "Conservative " party on any ballot!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a screamer and too biased. I don't watch him. Enough of "the annointed one,"
On the other side, he's not as biased as the MSM, which I don't watch much of either.
Dare I say this? DITTO.

He's just so.very.repetitive. I can't take him for more than a minute or two. If I have to listen to phrases like "my formerly nicotine stained fingers," "Snerdley" and "golden EIB" -- I want to gag. I think as the years have progressed, he's become less thoughtful. He's made his mega mega millions, he can retire now.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Dare I say this? DITTO.
He's just so.very.repetitive. I can't take him for more than a minute or two. If I have to listen to phrases like "my formerly nicotine stained fingers," "Snerdley" and "golden EIB" -- I want to gag. I think as the years have progressed, he's become less thoughtful. He's made his mega mega millions, he can retire now.
He was truly unique and interesting for the first five years. Then not only did the repetition set in, but he became part of the establishment. I remember the first time he was a guest on Meet the Press about 20 years ago thinking that was the end of him as an "outsider" and that he was going to play the game from then on. And he more or less has. Then he went through a phase of cameo appearances on prime time sitcoms like The Drew Carey Show and Hearts Afire and most recently, Family Guy. So much for being a rebel.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Al Franken was right.

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
Al Franken was right.
woof
That if you drag it out long enough and have the media lie hard enough you can steal an election? Yeah, I guess you're right.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
Al Franken was right.
woof
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3694/frank...

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>He was truly unique and interesting for the first five years. Then not only did the repetition set in, but he became part of the establishment. I remember the first time he was a guest on Meet the Press about 20 years ago thinking that was the end of him as an "outsider" and that he was going to play the game from then on. And he more or less has. Then he went through a phase of cameo appearances on prime time sitcoms like The Drew Carey Show and Hearts Afire and most recently, Family Guy. So much for being a rebel.
I agree. I've just found him less than thought-provoking in his analysis, way too predictable. He's found the niche that pays for the advertising, hence the mega income. The scrapples he's had over the years with the advertising have had a minimal effect on that.

http://www.talentzoo.com/beyond-madison-ave/b...

He's no dummy at all in the business arena. He knows his audience. Unfortunately, this is an audience who can withstand the repetitive nature of his show, an audience who 20 years ago would have been challenged, but today won't be.

This is one of the reasons I really avoid listening to any single one media outlet. They do pander, cater, to a specific audience and know the message they want to hear. I'd rather hear and analyze opposing or differing views. What I listen to may not be what I believe or agree to; but I'd rather get differing opinion and be able to ascertain which are the real facts instead of being spoonfed.

Unfortunately, as good as Limbaugh's been, he's spoonfeeding a lot of pablum now. I don't necessarily disagree with him on a lot of things, but I'm finding his analysis and discussion boring and repetitive and well...20 years old now.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I've just found him less than thought-provoking in his analysis, way too predictable. He's found the niche that pays for the advertising, hence the mega income. The scrapples he's had over the years with the advertising have had a minimal effect on that.
http://www.talentzoo.com/beyond-madison-ave/b...
He's no dummy at all in the business arena. He knows his audience. Unfortunately, this is an audience who can withstand the repetitive nature of his show, an audience who 20 years ago would have been challenged, but today won't be.
This is one of the reasons I really avoid listening to any single one media outlet. They do pander, cater, to a specific audience and know the message they want to hear. I'd rather hear and analyze opposing or differing views. What I listen to may not be what I believe or agree to; but I'd rather get differing opinion and be able to ascertain which are the real facts instead of being spoonfed.
Unfortunately, as good as Limbaugh's been, he's spoonfeeding a lot of pablum now. I don't necessarily disagree with him on a lot of things, but I'm finding his analysis and discussion boring and repetitive and well...20 years old now.
Rush's biggest competition has been the internet. Today, people have thousands of conservative voices to attract them. And many are smarter and funnier. IMO, nobody does it better than Mark Steyn.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob's a dictionary now? At least you spelled vestibule right when you totally misused it earlier. It's toady.
They're actually both correct. "Toadie" is the most commonly used. But neither are incorrect.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> He's lame and corny! Making shuffling paper sounds on the mic and weak antics of such foolishness. I doubt if he's gained any new significant listeners to that show. Mostly over 55 white males of the Archie Bunker generation listen to that closeted cream puff.
Anyone with any real grasp on reality wouldn't tune in to him everyday. He's a industry whore and Conservatives like Mike Savage are blackballed by the likes of Limpbaugh and his ass kissing side kick Hannity.
They don't call themselves Republicans, it's Conservative now. When was the ticket changed? I never seen a "Conservative " party on any ballot!
and the GOP has lost 2 elections because a conservative was not on the ballot.

root cause of problem solved.

PS: Rush Limbaugh has higher ratings per episode than any TV show aired today. Fact....look it up.
So when you say only Archie Bunker listens to him, that represents the largest % of the population that watches TV or listens to the radio.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're actually both correct. "Toadie" is the most commonly used. But neither are incorrect.
Except I can't find a single dictionary that defines "toadie."
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and the GOP has lost 2 elections because a conservative was not on the ballot.
root cause of problem solved.
PS: Rush Limbaugh has higher ratings per episode than any TV show aired today. Fact....look it up.
So when you say only Archie Bunker listens to him, that represents the largest % of the population that watches TV or listens to the radio.
Agreed. The GOP needs to move further to the right.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The GOP needs to move further to the right.
and for once you are correct.

right and wrong

wrong never works.....look at how well we operate today under Obama's vat leadership skills.

running from wrong is always right.

glad you finally woke up.

Happy Easter.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
you would not understand what you read anyway.

quit wasting time looking because you won't know what to do with it, if you ever find it.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That word, like many, has become acceptable to spell in different ways. In my journalistic experience, we've always been told to use "toadie." But like I said, both are correct. If you are looking for a strictly formal spelling, "toady" would be the more grammatically acceptable spelling.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
That word, like many, has become acceptable to spell in different ways. In my journalistic experience, we've always been told to use "toadie." But like I said, both are correct. If you are looking for a strictly formal spelling, "toady" would be the more grammatically acceptable spelling.
It is amazing how if we do something wrong for a long enough period of time, it magically becomes right.

In any event, you are late to the game on this one. The entire argument started when I was declared to be stupid by one of the resident idiots for spelling the word correctly. So the real issue isn't whether "toadie" is acceptable but whether "toady" is. And clearly you acknowledge that "toady" is correct so thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••