Pastor sentenced for misuse of church funds | The Columbus Dispatch

The former pastor of World of Pentecost Church will spend five years in prison for misusing church funds, falsifying financial records and filing false income-tax returns. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lovin it

Valencia, CA

#42 Dec 7, 2010
Amanda wrote:
Pastor Thomspon is the assiant pastor at my church I believe that everythng that is going on will be a testimony for him.God has a plan for him and everything is going to work out for the good..U wont be in there for long hold on we r all peaying for u and dont mind what others say..Love u Pastor T!!
Once again here is a church member who has been brainwashed by "Pastor Thompson". Open your eyes. He stole money from his own church. It amazes me the ignorance of some people. For your sake I hope God brings clarity to you so that you can understand that not all pastors are God serving people. Some are self serving.
Truth Teller

AOL

#43 Dec 7, 2010
Amanda wrote:
Pastor Thomspon is the assiant pastor at my church I believe that everythng that is going on will be a testimony for him.God has a plan for him and everything is going to work out for the good..U wont be in there for long hold on we r all peaying for u and dont mind what others say..Love u Pastor T!!
What a totally outrageous comment. Your Pastor, you must be kidding. David Thompson is no man of God, he is a convicted felon that brought immeasurable damage to the work of God.

The Bible teaches that when "The blind lead the blind and they both fall in the ditch." For one to blindly follow such a person is a reproach.
x-cult member

Grove City, OH

#45 Jul 7, 2011
Preachers Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem repeating myself. I want everyone to know what the UPCI is really about. I can only hope that these recent events will open some eyes before they waste their life in this cult.
I am so sorry to have to say.....I agree with you....we should not have to even know of such stories. Let alone know and have lived though 2 of them myself....the willie davis and leo recio (son-in-law) one.

so sad!
x-cult member

Grove City, OH

#46 Jul 7, 2011
Rod wrote:
This is happening more and more in churches across America. You should go to www.watchmansecurityconsulting.com . They do a great job of keeping people informed of what is going on in churches throughout the world. Praise God for His forgiveness.
Heck NO!! another cult---JW's
x-cult member

Grove City, OH

#47 Jul 7, 2011
x-cult member wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry to have to say.....I agree with you....we should not have to even know of such stories. Let alone know and have lived though 2 of them myself....the willie davis and leo recio (son-in-law) one.
so sad!
which by the way...the thompson church came out of the willie davis church from the 70's.
sylvia

Whitewright, TX

#49 Jan 11, 2013
Wonder what the current situation is, with the church, the imprisoned, etc. Seems like some followup is needed.
Angela Rashed

Midland, NC

#50 Dec 12, 2013
It's so sad I am currently dealing with this at Disciples of Christ in NC. He has misused the money so much he think he is entitled. Guess what I resigned from the Financial Secretary position and him and his wife scandal my name. I'm a devil cause I stood up to the man of God. I don't have the Holy Ghost or as his wife say I am all these horrible lies. Thanks to the word of God I know better. If it was anyone else in that church I would be a little less hurt but the Leader of no. God is my redeemer, he is the one who died for me so that I could have a right to the tree of life. I REFUSE TO LET ANY MAN OR WOMAN PREACH TO ME AND NOT FOLLOW THERE OWN TEACHING. If you lie you will steal. I pray for the Littles but I have to move on, God has a plan for me. So if anyone stays in this type of mess only to please man go ahead. BUT AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY WE WILL FOLLOW CHRIST. When we see a man of God fall we pray for them. But when you continue to lie, steal and cheat.......GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!! MY WALK FOR CHRIST IS FORREAL..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 7 min Go Blue Forever 3,561
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 hr Old Timer 960
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 6 hr d pantz 90
Marion Woman Sentenced To 5 Years For Taking Sh... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 6 hr -The-Artist- 57
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 317
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr ino 31,495
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 13 hr Duke for Mayor 385

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus