Car Collides Head-On With Transit Bus, Killing 19-Year-Old | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS 81
Authorities have identified the 19-year-old woman who died Wednesday after she crashed her car into a transit bus in Fairfield County. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Scuse Me

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 18, 2011
Prayers for Kayla's family and friends. Sad loss
cinderella

Powell, OH

#2 Aug 18, 2011
There have been too many car crashes that have resulted in fatalities lately! Could it cell phones?!
Bill

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 18, 2011
Probably cell phones.. There's no other real reason for people driving left of center. I see it happen all the time on Riverside dr.

I think cell phones will shape future roads and eliminate the no-median roads because people are just distracting themselves too much
MrsSmith

Centerburg, OH

#4 Aug 18, 2011
cinderella wrote:
There have been too many car crashes that have resulted in fatalities lately! Could it cell phones?!
First thought that I had, too. Just within the last day or so there was a bad crash on Rt. 40 in Springfield when a minivan, which had stopped because of deer crossing the road, was rear-ended by an SUV, and a 5 year old girl was killed. The driver of the SUV was a 22 year old woman, and there were no skid marks whatsoever that indicated she even attempted to stop. I am thinking she was involved in texting and never even noticed the vehicle stopped ahead of her.
Spooktackular

Waterford, MI

#5 Aug 18, 2011
So no crashes occured before cell phones? By the logic of the previous posters if cell phones were automaticly put in a sleep mode while in a vehicle, then no crashes would occur.
Brian

Columbus, OH

#6 Aug 18, 2011
Her facebook profile picture is of her in a car.

She is likely the driver of said car. I'm willing to bet it was texting.

Sad story, regardless.
kaylas friend

United States

#7 Aug 18, 2011
She probly wasn't texting considering she didn't like texting and driving. You people obviously haven't seen the curve she went left of center after loseing control of her car. The media doesn't post the full story. She will be missed by many people she wasn't like any teenager and doesn't fit the steriotypes.
Smart Guy

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 18, 2011
Very, very sad. I feel horribly sorry for her family and friends.
The Anti-Theif

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 18, 2011
Tragic. Ohio aparently needs to overhaul their drivers testing methods. Prayers to the family.

I can't believe that automakers aren't being made to install devices that when the vehicle is in DRIVE, it disables cell phone reception. I know it's only going to be a matter of time. How many lives will it save??
The Anti-Theif

Columbus, OH

#11 Aug 18, 2011
Spooktackular wrote:
So no crashes occured before cell phones? By the logic of the previous posters if cell phones were automaticly put in a sleep mode while in a vehicle, then no crashes would occur.
I couldn't agree more. It's only a matter of time before automakers will be forced to install something in their vehicles that when in DRIVE will force cell phones inside to be disabled. Great idea!
Just Asking

Grove City, OH

#13 Aug 18, 2011
Is it possible that this young lady simply lost control of her car on a bad curve? Why does it always have to be assumed that every accident was caused by texting or talking on a cell phone. If you say you have NEVER had your left side tires cross the center line you would be lying. If you say you have NEVER used your cell phone while driving you are lying, not only to us but to yourself. Can't we just assume that this young lady took the curve probably a little to fast (something we've all done at one time or other) and had a very tragic accident. We need to examine our own driving habits before criticizzing someone else.

My condolences to her family and friends.
Details

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 18, 2011
Bill wrote:
Probably cell phones.. There's no other real reason for people driving left of center. I see it happen all the time on Riverside dr.
I think cell phones will shape future roads and eliminate the no-median roads because people are just distracting themselves too much
It's called distracted driving...be it a cell phone, talking to a passenger, fiddling with a radio, reaching for something, eating, putting on makeup, dozing off, reading (yes, I've actually seen this), etc. Happens all the time. I saw a mother roll her SUV when reaching back to give her baby a bottle.
Details

Columbus, OH

#15 Aug 18, 2011
Just Asking wrote:
Is it possible that this young lady simply lost control of her car on a bad curve? Why does it always have to be assumed that every accident was caused by texting or talking on a cell phone. If you say you have NEVER had your left side tires cross the center line you would be lying. If you say you have NEVER used your cell phone while driving you are lying, not only to us but to yourself. Can't we just assume that this young lady took the curve probably a little to fast (something we've all done at one time or other) and had a very tragic accident. We need to examine our own driving habits before criticizzing someone else.
My condolences to her family and friends.
This exactly. That is a very sharp curve. Unless people have driven on that stretch, they really have no idea. Narrow, country road with a sharp curve.
Ummmm

Columbus, OH

#16 Aug 18, 2011
The Anti-Theif wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. It's only a matter of time before automakers will be forced to install something in their vehicles that when in DRIVE will force cell phones inside to be disabled. Great idea!
So, my passenger can't use their phone? So, I can't use the GPS on my phone or listen to music on my phone while the car is in drive? What if there is a need to call 911 in a car....hold on, let me put it in park first. Jeesh.
Michelle

Youngstown, OH

#17 Aug 18, 2011
Tragic toper wrote:
The news said an open bottle of rum was found in the car.
I heard the same thing - they suspect drinking and driving unfortunately. Prayers to her family and friends.
Scuse Me

Columbus, OH

#18 Aug 18, 2011
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard the same thing - they suspect drinking and driving unfortunately. Prayers to her family and friends.
IF this is true.... Maybe the head on collision bust open the bottle of rum?? The News outlets are often times not the most reliable sources.
Seriously

Utica, OH

#19 Aug 18, 2011
Have any of you ever thought about how all these comments are making her family feel?? you guys have no idea if she was on her cell phone or not so lets not make assumptions. People can easily run of this road and over-correct, going a little left of center!! and the bottle of rum/ suicide comments astonish me1 some people are so rude to turn this TRADGEDY into something like this!!!
Prayers for Kayla and her families!!

Since: Jul 10

Columbus, OH

#20 Aug 18, 2011
The Anti-Theif wrote:
<quoted text>
More government regulation. Just what we need!
VC Parent

Omaha, NE

#21 Aug 18, 2011
You know, no matter what the cause of the accident, some parent has lost their child. Please pray for her family and friends to find some comfort while dealing with this tragic loss. Oh what a world we would live in if everyone was perfect!
Randy Savage

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Aug 18, 2011
Scuse Me wrote:
<quoted text>
IF this is true.... Maybe the head on collision bust open the bottle of rum?? The News outlets are often times not the most reliable sources.
She was 19 and bellow the drinking age, she legally should not have had a bottle of rum in her car. At any rate it is a sad to someone loose their life so young.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cars Make it Allright 15 min Duke for Mayor 3
Update: dangerous Muslim travels 41 min Duke for Mayor 31
homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" 53 min Restraint 165
Forecast: Temps Dip To Zero Tonight; A Warm Up ... 1 hr Wake Up WBNS 1
Officers involved in fatal shooting are identified 1 hr dpx55 2
Mayor Coleman on Ikea: Voters' 'No. 1 retail wish' 1 hr dirtSQUIRT 18
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 5,581
BizzyBee baking secrets 2 hr Big Johnson 62
Taxes----- who pays taxes? 6 hr Duke for Mayor 33
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM