of 9
Next Last

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#169 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You still needed to qualify it with an "if." But that was a start.
Every other regular on this forum -- which you are not -- has previously read the condemnations of these and other adult-child sex offenders by every Catholic on this forum.

Every Catholic except for Bob.
And he's not really Catholic.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#170 Jul 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>

2) For the umpteenth time, I am not Catholic.
Then how dare you call me an unbeliever or question my right to defend the true teachings of my faith?

Location hidden

#171 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that you will agree to look at at least one of the encyclicals in the link. Also, I do understand the limits of papal infallibility.
You must admit that your post would lead one to believe that you regarded the African slaves as less-than-human, and that the rest of your posts would tend to lend credence to that conclusion.
You misconstrue "less-than-civilized " for "less-than-human."
There IS a difference.

Location hidden

#172 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>A start? It's what I've always thought.
S/he remains with a friggin' clue.
An unarmed troll. How droll, as Johnson ever says.

Location hidden

#173 Jul 31, 2013
Editing for the obvious:

S/he remains WITHOUT a friggin' clue.
An unarmed troll. How droll, as Johnson ever says.

Location hidden

#174 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how dare you call me an unbeliever or question my right to defend the true teachings of my faith?
Stow it, sockpuppet.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#175 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that you will agree to look at at least one of the encyclicals in the link. Also, I do understand the limits of papal infallibility.
You must admit that your post would lead one to believe that you regarded the African slaves as less-than-human, and that the rest of your posts would tend to lend credence to that conclusion.
No, you misinterpreted my opinion of slaves. I was speaking from a purely historical perspective.
d pantz

United States

#177 Aug 1, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
What Pope Francis really said about gays -- and no, it's not new
By Fr. Jonathan Morris
Published July 29, 2013
FoxNews.com
Pope Francis doesn’t do interviews. Or at least that’s what we thought. He said that about himself just one week ago on the way to Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day.
Then World Youth Day happened. And it happened in a big way.
According to official reports from City Hall, 3.2 million young people gathered on Copacabana Beach to see him, pray with him, and hear his proposal about the meaning of life.
The Bible and the Catholic Church have never taught that it is a “sin” to be homosexual.
His closing message to them was simple: Go back to your homes, and serve others without fear.
Hours later, perhaps taking to heart his own closing message about fearless service, Pope Francis offered an 80 minute, unscripted question-and-answer session with the international press corps.
But, unfortunately, if you were reading the headlines from some media outlets, you would have learned just one thing. As the Huffington Post put it:“Breakthrough: Pope OK with Gays.”
This is the worst coverage of a religious story I have seen to date.
Let’s begin with the fact that the pope has always been “OK” with homosexuals. In fact, by the demands of his own religion he is required to be much more than just “OK.” The Christian faith teaches that every person is endowed by God with an inviolable dignity and therefore deserves our unconditional respect and love.
A section of an Associated Press report also got the story very wrong. Summarizing the pope’s comments on homosexuals in the priesthood, the AP reported:“Francis was much more conciliatory [than Pope Benedict], saying gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.”
Pope Francis didn’t say that, and the report is wrong on so many levels.
First of all, it suggests that being gay itself, is a sin. What Pope Francis really said, in response to a reporter’s question about homosexual priests who are living a celibate life was this:“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”
Pope Francis simply and compassionately reiterated Biblical teaching. The Bible and the Catholic Church have never taught that it is a “sin” to be homosexual. They teach it is a sin to have homosexual sex because it goes against the laws of God’s nature, specifically his plan for human sexuality.
When Pope Francis says “who am I to judge” he is saying—and I think we need to hear more of this from religious leaders—that active homosexuals deserve the same kindness, love, and mercy that all of us sinners would hope to receive from God and from others.
We don’t make judgments about anyone’s personal worth—God has already done that when he created us out of love.
I would hope next time Pope Francis offers to meet with the press, they would take to heart his message about fearless service and report to their readers what he actually said, rather than what they wish they had heard.
-Father Jonathan Morris is a Fox News contributor and program director of "The Catholic Channel"
Iagree all he really said was we shouldn't judge, but we still think you're going to hell when "god" judges you.
d pantz

United States

#178 Aug 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Stow it, sockpuppet.
and its not a hand in there....creepy.
d pantz

United States

#179 Aug 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a good day when you self proclaimed "Christians" start to listen and conduct yourselves accordingly.
how's that by basing every aspect of their lives on how people get off??? Wrong or right don't you think there are a million other groups of people, people who are in real trouble, that they should be reaching out to. And you're wrong anyway, plenty of denominations accept gays and their lifestyles. Next you guys will be mad you can't join the neo nazis. Maybe you could use some hitler quotes out of context to try to convince them. Good luck.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#180 Aug 1, 2013
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> how's that by basing every aspect of their lives on how people get off??? Wrong or right don't you think there are a million other groups of people, people who are in real trouble, that they should be reaching out to. And you're wrong anyway, plenty of denominations accept gays and their lifestyles. Next you guys will be mad you can't join the neo nazis. Maybe you could use some hitler quotes out of context to try to convince them. Good luck.
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 14 min So Vain 2,476
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 26 min d pantz 106
EBOLA: American Outbreak 26 min Male 42
T r a m a d o l & X A N A X and much more 30 min d pantz 17
President Ebola 38 min Male 613
Fire Serves As A Reminder Of The Dangers Of Cou... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Oops! 1 hr BizzyBee 4
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr lol oh wow 3,957
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE