Comments
141 - 160 of 171 Comments Last updated Aug 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#149 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Shall we talk about the culture of molestation in the public schools? That includes coverups and teacher transfers, too.
Why should we do that? I don't defend coverups and transfers in any organization. You do.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#150 Jul 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to include two important words: "treated as".
You're nothing but a disgusting bigot.
woof
What did the law of the time call them, Eric? I believe the word was, "property."

Hilliard, OH

#151 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we do that? I don't defend coverups and transfers in any organization. You do.
I do? Please find a post where I said anything of the sort.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#152 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I do? Please find a post where I said anything of the sort.
Find a post where you have denounced them.

Hilliard, OH

#153 Jul 31, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a post where you have denounced them.
They're out there. Unless which deceased name, I have no idea.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#154 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>They're out there. Unless which deceased name, I have no idea.
You are out there. Way out there.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#155 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I do? Please find a post where I said anything of the sort.
There were entire threads of you defending the Church. You do it every time you point to public schools to justify the Church's criminal behavior.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#156 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>They're out there. Unless which deceased name, I have no idea.
Now, THAT is a lie.

Hilliard, OH

#157 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, THAT is a lie.
Suuuure it is, little girl.

Hilliard, OH

#158 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There were entire threads of you defending the Church. You do it every time you point to public schools to justify the Church's criminal behavior.
I was defending the institution, not the small number of a-holes and perverts who sullied her reputation and truly caused harm to kids.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#159 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>You're not too bright, are you?
"The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is a recent invention that grew out of the Second Vatican Council in the 1960s. Some Catholics confuse the USCCB as a teaching authority and mistaken it for a parallel magisterium.
Nowhere in Sacred Scripture and Tradition do we have an instance for this man made invention. We have one teaching authority and that is the Magisterium."
- See more at: http://the-american-catholic.com/2010/02/06/t...
Which brings us to this:
"Pope Benedict has called on immigrants to respect the laws and national identity of their host countries.
He said that every country had the right to regulate the flow of migration and immigrants had a duty to integrate."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-116298...
You are mistaken on a number of issues here:

1. The documents in the link that I sent you are overwhelmingly papal encyclicals, at least two of them by your beloved Benedict XVI. Of the five that are not, two are statements by the Second Vatican Council and three are episcopal letters.
2. If you are rejecting the Second Vatican Council, you are also rejecting the Magisterium and the Church in general.
3. The main document that I wanted you to review, Rerum Novarum, is a papal encyclical (Leo XIII). I knew that I could find it at the USCCB website. I am not using the USCCB as my sole authority on these teachings.
4. Pope Benedict would absolutely disagree with you that the African slaves were mere economic assets and not human beings. Surprisingly to some people, Pope Benedict had a great deal to say about the disordered state of the capitalist economic system and the dignity of human beings. Some of this is included for you in the link I provided.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#160 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The documents in the link that I sent you are overwhelmingly papal encyclicals, at least two of them by your beloved Benedict XVI. Of the five that are not, two are statements by the Second Vatican Council and three are episcopal letters.
2. If you are rejecting the Second Vatican Council, you are also rejecting the Magisterium and the Church in general.
3. The main document that I wanted you to review, Rerum Novarum, is a papal encyclical (Leo XIII). I knew that I could find it at the USCCB website. I am not using the USCCB as my sole authority on these teachings.
4. Pope Benedict would absolutely disagree with you that the African slaves were mere economic assets and not human beings. Surprisingly to some people, Pope Benedict had a great deal to say about the disordered state of the capitalist economic system and the dignity of human beings. Some of this is included for you in the link I provided.
The discussion referred to how the slaves were regarded by law.
You knew that.
Or you really are the idiot we think you are.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#161 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I was defending the institution, not the small number of a-holes and perverts who sullied her reputation and truly caused harm to kids.
You mean like the Bishops? Let's hear it. Tell us what type of a-hole Bishop Anthony Pilla was for transferring rapists from one parish to another. You won't.

Hilliard, OH

#162 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't open your links.
2. Tell that to all who attended Tridentine Masses before 2007.
3. I will take a look at that.
4. I don't believe they were "non-human beings" or a commodity. I was referring to the law and beliefs of the time. History is ugly sometimes. Revisionism is even uglier.

You really need to take a look at papal infallibility...it's really quite limited as opposed to what most people think. And most conservative Catholics have little use for the USCCB. It's a political organization as much as it is a religious one. And it leans decidedly to the left.

Jersey, Baby!

#163 Jul 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion referred to how the slaves were regarded by law.
You knew that.
Or you really are the idiot we think you are.
We are in a thread about Pope Francis. In keeping with that topic, I pointed out to George that his opinions are far out of line with the teachings of the Catholic Church.

You knew that.

Hilliard, OH

#164 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the Bishops? Let's hear it. Tell us what type of a-hole Bishop Anthony Pilla was for transferring rapists from one parish to another. You won't.
If he did it knowingly, and the evidence showed that the priests beneath him were guilty, then he's an a-hole.
You think that's hard to say?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#165 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
We are in a thread about Pope Francis. In keeping with that topic, I pointed out to George that his opinions are far out of line with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
You knew that.
Please expound, unbeliever.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#166 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>If he did it knowingly, and the evidence showed that the priests beneath him were guilty, then he's an a-hole.
You think that's hard to say?
You still needed to qualify it with an "if." But that was a start.

Jersey, Baby!

#167 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't open your links.
2. Tell that to all who attended Tridentine Masses before 2007.
3. I will take a look at that.
4. I don't believe they were "non-human beings" or a commodity. I was referring to the law and beliefs of the time. History is ugly sometimes. Revisionism is even uglier.
You really need to take a look at papal infallibility...it's really quite limited as opposed to what most people think. And most conservative Catholics have little use for the USCCB. It's a political organization as much as it is a religious one. And it leans decidedly to the left.
I'm glad that you will agree to look at at least one of the encyclicals in the link. Also, I do understand the limits of papal infallibility.

You must admit that your post would lead one to believe that you regarded the African slaves as less-than-human, and that the rest of your posts would tend to lend credence to that conclusion.

Hilliard, OH

#168 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You still needed to qualify it with an "if." But that was a start.
A start? It's what I've always thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coming Soon... 1 hr Big Johnson 2
Coleman has put out welcome mat for immigrants ... 1 hr Big Johnson 15
Duke has Won, Paco has Lost 1 hr -The-Artist- 4
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 2 hr Ghost of Karl 44
Racist 2 hr Ghost of Karl 32
To Tell The Truth/Will the real Duke for Mayor ... 2 hr Don Da Mayor 7
Where are all the original legacy posters? 2 hr E-Bob 151
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 4 hr Run for the hills 2,301
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr Catman Dave 30,583
Obama Slips - Calls Wife MICHAEL 6 hr side step 34
Why do racists hate Obama so much ? 7 hr Neutral Party 49
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Franklin County was issued at September 02 at 2:42AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••