What Pope Francis really said about gays
Enzyte Bob

Garden City, MI

#125 Jul 31, 2013
Middlebourough wrote:
<quoted text>

RCC doesn't receive tax monies, but your favorite organizations do, and your favored organizations receive a whole lot more government benefits too.
I am catholic, but that's not completely true.

1. The Vatican is a sovereign nation, the last remaining territory of the former Papal States. much of what is now Italy use to be part of the Papal States.

2. the Vatican is considered the world's longest running monarchy. It is both a religion and a nation.

3. Many nations around the world do indeed support their national church with tax dollars. the Roman Catholic Church is indeed a recipient of tax dollars and those nations. Protestant churches in northern European countries such as Sweden also receive tax dollars from the government.

4. The intertwining of church and state has a long history reaching back into antiquity. In fact, if you read one of my previous posts you will see that paganism was consider the religion of the Roman Empire and that Christians were accused of being athiests at one point.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#126 Jul 31, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I am catholic, but that's not completely true.
1. The Vatican is a sovereign nation, the last remaining territory of the former Papal States. much of what is now Italy use to be part of the Papal States.
2. the Vatican is considered the world's longest running monarchy. It is both a religion and a nation.
3. Many nations around the world do indeed support their national church with tax dollars. the Roman Catholic Church is indeed a recipient of tax dollars and those nations. Protestant churches in northern European countries such as Sweden also receive tax dollars from the government.
4. The intertwining of church and state has a long history reaching back into antiquity. In fact, if you read one of my previous posts you will see that paganism was consider the religion of the Roman Empire and that Christians were accused of being athiests at one point.
Catholic schools in Ontario and Qu├ębec are also recipients of tax dollars
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#127 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you have no problem blaming every clergyman in the Catholic Church for the actions of a few.
You're a sad little hypocrite, Eric
When has he ever done that? You create these narratives in your mind of what other people believe or what other people have said. They are based on your own imagination and embellishment and aren't accurate. You are a strange little man.

Now, let's suppose your allegation were true. You are defending your stereotyping of people based on their race by asserting another's stereotyping based on religion and then you call that person a hypocrite. Does that not, in turn, make you a hypocrite by your own definition?

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#128 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
When has he ever done that? You create these narratives in your mind of what other people believe or what other people have said. They are based on your own imagination and embellishment and aren't accurate. You are a strange little man.
Now, let's suppose your allegation were true. You are defending your stereotyping of people based on their race by asserting another's stereotyping based on religion and then you call that person a hypocrite. Does that not, in turn, make you a hypocrite by your own definition?
I label based on culture, not skin color. You people just can't let go of the race card and you look ridiculous for it.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#130 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the black ones emigrated here after 1965?
Before 1965, very few third worlders were admitted to this country.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#132 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you conveniently forgetting something, Georgieboy?
Slaves were not immigrants. One would think you blacks would realize that.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#134 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Slaves were not immigrants. One would think you blacks would realize that.
Entertain me. Tell me what is an immigrant.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#135 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
It was forced emigration, but it was emigration all the same, George. Unless you think that somebody planted slave seeds in the fields and THAT'S how the slaves got here.
They were a commodity. Economic assets are not immigrants.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#136 Jul 31, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Entertain me. Tell me what is an immigrant.
One who comes to this country voluntarily as a free human being and is deemed qualified and acceptable by our government which follows existing immigration laws. Granted...they've warped that a lot lately...skinnies are not qualified by any means.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#137 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>One who comes to this country voluntarily as a free human being and is deemed qualified and acceptable by our government which follows existing immigration laws. Granted...they've warped that a lot lately...skinnies are not qualified by any means.
I do not suppose you can support that with any kind of official dictionary citation.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#138 Jul 31, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not suppose you can support that with any kind of official dictionary citation.
United States federal law trumps a dictionary definition.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#140 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I label based on culture, not skin color. You people just can't let go of the race card and you look ridiculous for it.
So Duke labels based on the culture of pedophilia in the Catholic Church. You still are on equal footing.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#141 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>United States federal law trumps a dictionary definition.
Please cite the definition of "skinnies" in the US Code.

I'll wait, bigot.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#142 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>They were a commodity. Economic assets are not immigrants.
This really explains just about everything about you.

woof

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#143 Jul 31, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis would be extremely unhappy with you for this one, George.
He may even be concerned about the state of your immortal soul.
Do your research. Your statement is not in keeping with Catholic teaching at all on so many fronts. You should start with Rerum Novarum.
http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/wh...
I really don't think you should be identifying yourself as a Catholic any longer if you truly believe your statements, George.
You're not too bright, are you?

"The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is a recent invention that grew out of the Second Vatican Council in the 1960s. Some Catholics confuse the USCCB as a teaching authority and mistaken it for a parallel magisterium.

Nowhere in Sacred Scripture and Tradition do we have an instance for this man made invention. We have one teaching authority and that is the Magisterium."
- See more at: http://the-american-catholic.com/2010/02/06/t...

Which brings us to this:

"Pope Benedict has called on immigrants to respect the laws and national identity of their host countries.
He said that every country had the right to regulate the flow of migration and immigrants had a duty to integrate."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-116298...

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#144 Jul 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
This really explains just about everything about you.
woof
History leaves you butthurt, doesn't it? Before 1865, what I posted was a fact.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#145 Jul 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wait, bigot.
woof
Waaaah!....George dissed primitive Muslim savages!

“Hillary 4 prison 2016”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#146 Jul 31, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll wait, bigot.
woof
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1227

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#147 Jul 31, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So Duke labels based on the culture of pedophilia in the Catholic Church. You still are on equal footing.
Shall we talk about the culture of molestation in the public schools? That includes coverups and teacher transfers, too.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#148 Jul 31, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>History leaves you butthurt, doesn't it? Before 1865, what I posted was a fact.
You forgot to include two important words: "treated as".

You're nothing but a disgusting bigot.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 1 hr Hugh Jasol 4
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 91
Funny fn picture 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4
News Air Quality Alert Issued For June 25 in Central... 3 hr UTrashy 4
News Former Dispatch publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 3 hr ARRAR 6
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 6 hr over 20 years 1,315
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 6 hr They cannot kill ... 86
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages