What Pope Francis really said about gays
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#63 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>It got the vast majority from Europe until 1965...it's been all downhill ever since.
To be fair, let's also not forget that very few Europeans want to come here these days.

It was one thing when Europe was devastated by war and in poverty, not to mention the good jobs we had here. It was one thing to work in a steel mill, at Ford or on the railroads ... as a segue to maybe opening up your own business.

Europe is no longer devastated by war and in poverty. Few people from over there want to come here to clean hotels for $8 an hour.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#64 Jul 30, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, let's also not forget that very few Europeans want to come here these days.
It was one thing when Europe was devastated by war and in poverty, not to mention the good jobs we had here. It was one thing to work in a steel mill, at Ford or on the railroads ... as a segue to maybe opening up your own business.
Europe is no longer devastated by war and in poverty. Few people from over there want to come here to clean hotels for $8 an hour.
There are tens of thousands of the educated European middle class who would love to come here for the relative freedom and the lower taxes and cost of living, not to mention the much more relaxed corporate culture.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#65 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>There are tens of thousands of the educated European middle class who would love to come here for the relative freedom and the lower taxes and cost of living, not to mention the much more relaxed corporate culture.
I seriously doubt that you will get people in the professional class to migrate en masse. Traditionally, those have been the LAST people who will leave their countries. The people we have always gotten were those leaving tough times in their homelands to resettle here.

And even among those people, approximately 50% of those people went back after they saved some money. Most people like being around their families. My grandfather assembled 600 acres that way.

There is a girl from Ghana who works at one of the gas stations I go to. She hates it here ... only here while her husband goes to school ... then planning on going back. Can't wait to go back! THIS IS SOMEBODY FROM GHANA, MIND YOU. Of course, she is from one of the more prosperous families there.

This is very understandable, by the way. Who wants to leave a place where you're a somebody and come to America where you become a part of the gypsy class? These people worry to death about their kids becomming baby mommas.

There is an argument that they'd get more bang for the buck here, but their lifestyle is better in Europe. I don't think you'd have as many takers as you think.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#66 Jul 30, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt that you will get people in the professional class to migrate en masse. Traditionally, those have been the LAST people who will leave their countries. The people we have always gotten were those leaving tough times in their homelands to resettle here.
And even among those people, approximately 50% of those people went back after they saved some money. Most people like being around their families. My grandfather assembled 600 acres that way.
There is a girl from Ghana who works at one of the gas stations I go to. She hates it here ... only here while her husband goes to school ... then planning on going back. Can't wait to go back! THIS IS SOMEBODY FROM GHANA, MIND YOU. Of course, she is from one of the more prosperous families there.
This is very understandable, by the way. Who wants to leave a place where you're a somebody and come to America where you become a part of the gypsy class? These people worry to death about their kids becomming baby mommas.
There is an argument that they'd get more bang for the buck here, but their lifestyle is better in Europe. I don't think you'd have as many takers as you think.
I disagree...we see plenty of middle management Germans who come here on business and really give this country a hard and envious look from a financial standpoint. And we have an Australian fellow who says he knows quite a few friends and family who would move to the States if given the opportunity...they're being absolutely flattened by the cost of living in Australia.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#67 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>The Pope is not saying that we should kiss the asses of those determined to destroy our institutions. But you tools demand it.
What is the Pope saying? Doesn't it make more sense to discuss what he is saying rather than the universe of things he isn't?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#68 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree...we see plenty of middle management Germans who come here on business and really give this country a hard and envious look from a financial standpoint. And we have an Australian fellow who says he knows quite a few friends and family who would move to the States if given the opportunity...they're being absolutely flattened by the cost of living in Australia.
And I know someone who moved to Australia and would never, ever move back. Anecdotes aren't much help.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#69 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree...we see plenty of middle management Germans who come here on business and really give this country a hard and envious look from a financial standpoint. And we have an Australian fellow who says he knows quite a few friends and family who would move to the States if given the opportunity...they're being absolutely flattened by the cost of living in Australia.
Not to mention those from Scotland.
I know families who have brought over their extended families in the last 10-15 years.

Diamond Eugene

Hilliard, OH

#70 Jul 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Pope saying? Doesn't it make more sense to discuss what he is saying rather than the universe of things he isn't?
He said exactly what I said:

"“The problem isn’t this [homosexual] orientation — we must be like brothers and sisters. The problem is something else, the problem is lobbying, either for this orientation or a political lobby or a Masonic lobby...”

He's not excusing homosexual acts, either. Nothing has changed, little girl, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

Location hidden

#71 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>
...Nothing has changed, little girl, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.
Why would an atheist care what the pope says?
Che is pure entertainment.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#72 Jul 30, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>He said exactly what I said:
"“The problem isn’t this [homosexual] orientation — we must be like brothers and sisters. The problem is something else, the problem is lobbying, either for this orientation or a political lobby or a Masonic lobby...”
He's not excusing homosexual acts, either. Nothing has changed, little girl, no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.
The Pope refers to homosexuals and "twinks" and "sodomites?"

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#73 Jul 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The goal for the leftists here is to tie us into rhetorical knots.

They froth at the mouth over "bigotry" but freely engage in it themselves.

Ivy League-ISIS

#74 Jul 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope refers to homosexuals and "twinks" and "sodomites?"
The second term is linguistically accurate.

Location hidden

#75 Jul 30, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
And "twink" is just an affectionate term.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#76 Jul 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Che is pure entertainment.
What interests me is not so much what he says, it is watching you folks rationalize your marginalization of what he says. It also fascinates me that my philosophy of life is closer to the Pope's than you Catholics.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#77 Jul 30, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
The goal for the leftists here is to tie us into rhetorical knots.
They froth at the mouth over "bigotry" but freely engage in it themselves.
With your lack of integrity and illogic, ya'll tie yourselves in rhetorical knots. I just point it out for you.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#78 Jul 30, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the Pope still doesn't use it, does he?

Location hidden

#79 Jul 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What interests me is not so much what he says, it is watching you folks rationalize your marginalization of what he says. It also fascinates me that my philosophy of life is closer to the Pope's than you Catholics.
1) The Pope did not veer from the Church's doctrinal stance on homosexuality.

2) For the umpteenth time, I am not Catholic.

3) Based on your repeated misunderstandings of 1) and 2)...you are a dolt.

Ivy League-ISIS

#80 Jul 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read what Bob posted.

The media takes many things out of context. A few months ago they reported that the Pope had said non-believers would go to heaven.

Of course, that exact statement was never said.

The actual statement referred to Christ dying for the sins of the nonbeliever as well. It did not say that those who reject Christ will go to heaven.

Ivy League-ISIS

#81 Jul 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the Pope still doesn't use it, does he?
I don't use it either.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#82 Jul 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The Pope did not veer from the Church's doctrinal stance on homosexuality.
2) For the umpteenth time, I am not Catholic.
3) Based on your repeated misunderstandings of 1) and 2)...you are a dolt.
You are the dolt. No one ever said the Pope veered from anything. What he did say was, "Hey. Stop your hating. Stop being such douchebags to gay people. What's the matter with you?" That is the message all of you "Christians" refuse to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I meet a hot TG/TS? 2 hr jonjedi 2
I shop at Salvation Army & Toilet Store 3 hr jonjedi 4
The Lost Art of Conversation 3 hr jonjedi 30
Trump futtbucks fake jonjedi 3 hr jonjedi 3
JonJedi is 3 hr jonjedi 4
Trump gargles Democrat jizz 3 hr jonjedi 3
14 shot at Cincinati club Cameo 3 hr jonjedi 4
Trump so sad, boo hoo hoo 3 hr jonjedi 23
Donald Trump Administration 12 hr jonjedi 738

Columbus Jobs