Obama's Africa Trip Could Cost $100 M...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 21, 2013
In a rare public rebuke from a fellow Democrat, President Obama was urged today to reconsider a planned trip to Africa later this month, as one lawmaker in his own party took to the House floor to say it sends the wrong message at a time of automatic budget cuts.

"A trip of this magnitude isn't unusual," said Rep. John Barrow, a more conservative Democrat from Georgia. "But these are hard times."

Barrow referred to recent reports in the Washington Post, which estimated the upcoming trip to Africa would cost taxpayers upwards of $100 million - he said that's almost the exact amount of negative impact from the sequester on his home state's economy.

"$100 million could be better used to keep folks on the job," said Barrow, who earlier this year decided against a 2014 bid for U.S. Senate in Georgia.

Here is Barrow's full speech from the House floor:

http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/jamie-dupree/...
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#22 Jun 21, 2013
-tip- wrote:
In a rare public rebuke from a fellow Democrat, President Obama was urged today to reconsider a planned trip to Africa later this month, as one lawmaker in his own party took to the House floor to say it sends the wrong message at a time of automatic budget cuts.
"A trip of this magnitude isn't unusual," said Rep. John Barrow, a more conservative Democrat from Georgia. "But these are hard times."
Barrow referred to recent reports in the Washington Post, which estimated the upcoming trip to Africa would cost taxpayers upwards of $100 million - he said that's almost the exact amount of negative impact from the sequester on his home state's economy.
"$100 million could be better used to keep folks on the job," said Barrow, who earlier this year decided against a 2014 bid for U.S. Senate in Georgia.
Here is Barrow's full speech from the House floor:
http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/jamie-dupree/...
I predict an accident in his future. The goons behind Obama will not tolerate chastising of the Kenyan occupier.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23 Jun 21, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
I predict an accident in his future. The goons behind Obama will not tolerate chastising of the Kenyan occupier.
You got that right.
He's on the list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 125 51 min My Magic Hat 2
America Held Hostage Day 126 1 hr token 2
America Held Hostage Day 125 1 hr MarkJ- 2
!!Add a word drop a word !! (Jun '12) 1 hr Duke for Mayor 507
America Held Hostage Day 124 1 hr Absolutely STUPID 25
News State panel confronts school funding question |... (Jan '10) 1 hr xoxoxo 5
Feeding the troll? 2 hr anonymous 73
Anyone seen Sidekick or Tip 4 hr They cannot kill ... 50
America Held Hostage Day 123 5 hr Elerby 100

Columbus Jobs