Mount Carmel In Talks To Build Medica...

Mount Carmel In Talks To Build Medical Center In Grove City | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 43 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 29, 2011, titled Mount Carmel In Talks To Build Medical Center In Grove City | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Mount Carmel Health is expanding and administrators are in talks to build a new medical center that will serve residents in southwestern Franklin County, 10TV's Ashleigh Barry reported on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Marie

Dublin, OH

#1 Jun 29, 2011
Is it going to just be a medical center or a regular Hospital?

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 29, 2011
Sounds like it's going to be a 24 hr Urgent Care with some additional services...but not a fully functioning hospital.
this is america

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 29, 2011
they have a difficult time running their emergency room at Mr Carmel east, sure hope they can do a little better job in Grove City......
Dan

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 29, 2011
This is why our health insurance goes up and up without end. How many minutes away is Mount Carmel Hospital and the OSU Medical Center? 6 miles or 8 minutes.

Somebody has to pay for all these new buildings and it's your health insurance companies that do, passing along the cost to you and your employer.

How many buildings are on the OSU Medical Center campus? Seems like one for every disease.
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 29, 2011
What about the already operating urgent care facility on Stringtown Road? Can't they simply expand that facility? I think Dan is right about the cost of health care insurance.
Daily Customer

United States

#10 Jun 29, 2011
Jeeze, Grove City is SO far from Columbus!
suburbia

Plymouth, MN

#11 Jun 29, 2011
Dan wrote:
This is why our health insurance goes up and up without end. How many minutes away is Mount Carmel Hospital and the OSU Medical Center? 6 miles or 8 minutes.
Somebody has to pay for all these new buildings and it's your health insurance companies that do, passing along the cost to you and your employer.
How many buildings are on the OSU Medical Center campus? Seems like one for every disease.
I don't know what part of Grove City you're in, but OSU and Mount Carmel East, West, or the one in Canal are far more in distance than "6 miles or 8 mintues". It would take at least 15mins to get to MCW and even longer to MCE. That's alot of minutes if you're in a true emergency.
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 29, 2011
suburbia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what part of Grove City you're in, but OSU and Mount Carmel East, West, or the one in Canal are far more in distance than "6 miles or 8 mintues". It would take at least 15mins to get to MCW and even longer to MCE. That's alot of minutes if you're in a true emergency.
Doctors West is only 10 minutes from my home in the north of Grove City, and that's on a busy traffic day. Mt. Carmel West is also 10 minutes away on city streets. Maybe a different location more east would be better. Just sayin.
jgly

New Albany, OH

#13 Jun 29, 2011
Dan wrote:
maybe you should move back to north korea and experience communism. idiot.
Annie

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Jun 29, 2011
I think it would be great! I am almost to ashville on 104 and there is almost nothing close to us. OSU is 25 minutes from here, on a good day, with no traffic!
Berger hospital is all the way down in Circleville.
MC SUCKS

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2011
suburbia wrote:
<quoted text>
um, perhaps if you were in a "true emergency" you would be dialing 911 for assistance and not driving to the hospital yourself! duh!

Since: Jan 10

Grove City

#16 Jun 29, 2011
Bluerose wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors West is only 10 minutes from my home in the north of Grove City, and that's on a busy traffic day. Mt. Carmel West is also 10 minutes away on city streets. Maybe a different location more east would be better. Just sayin.
If you are dying or want to die should you go to Doctors West.
mc tarded

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 29, 2011
MC SUCKS wrote:
<quoted text> um, perhaps if you were in a "true emergency" you would be dialing 911 for assistance and not driving to the hospital yourself! duh!
Where do you think the ambulance takes you when you're in need of medical treatment??? Having a hospital 10 minutes closer COULD be the difference between life or death. YOU are clearly retarded.
strange man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#18 Jun 29, 2011
I know so many loonies who work in these places, Wal*art must be competing for the same recruits. I'm sure it won't be long before they merge.
Bodie

Chillicothe, OH

#20 Jun 30, 2011
Great use for the property. Bob Steele's family should be proud they owned the place for years and fought Mayot Stage on making in warehouses he could have skimmed kickbacks from.
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#21 Jun 30, 2011
tidedude2009 wrote:
<quoted text> If you are dying or want to die should you go to Doctors West.
Well I have to disagree with you there. I got much better and faster care at Doctor's West than I did when I went to Riverside. And, the staff at Doctor's west was much nicer. Frankly, I found the staff and attitude at Riverside to be snooty and uncaring. As far as time, My daughter took me to Doctor's west emergency room and it took exactly 10 minutes from my home to the door. And that was in a car during rush hour.
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 30, 2011
mc tarded wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think the ambulance takes you when you're in need of medical treatment??? Having a hospital 10 minutes closer COULD be the difference between life or death. YOU are clearly retarded.
Actually, the theory is that once a medic unit has initiated emergency treatment, the emergency is over. In cases of life threatening conditions such as cardiac arrest or acccidental trauma, the rule is one hour to get to the hospital. 10 minutes makes no difference one way or another. I remember in the not so distant past that a hospital in the south end of Columbus closed due to economic issues. Things may be better now due to the evolutions of Nurse practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses. They usually gave the care anyway, nice to see them actually getting the credit and the pay.
HATER

United States

#23 Jun 30, 2011
What are they going to do about the nauseating smell from the trash dump and water treatment plant? That's enough to make someone already sick just drop dead. Driving south on 71 makes you wanna get sick.
Jimmy

Barberton, OH

#24 Jun 30, 2011
HATER wrote:
What are they going to do about the nauseating smell from the trash dump and water treatment plant? That's enough to make someone already sick just drop dead. Driving south on 71 makes you wanna get sick.
All staff, patients, and visitors will be given a Rose bud to stick in their nostrils. Unless of course they prefer Lilacs.
Jesus F in Christ

Columbus, OH

#25 Jun 30, 2011
The people of Grovtucky don't deserve a hospital. If you're dumb enough to live in Grovtucky then you can drive to OSU where they'll take care of your Medicaid a(ss).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the GOP cut its loses? 12 min Slim Pickens 821
I wish our cat would die. 19 min Mimzy 51
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 44 min d pants 203
Big Johnson 1 hr Catman Dave 4
Colin Powell NOT Advise Clinton on email Server 6 hr VoteForJill Stein... 4
Trump's accusations are unfounded and reflects ... 7 hr Pale Rider 30
Trump spent campaign monies on own book 8 hr 404 not found 3
Trump the Liar 9 hr Pale Rider 896
Powell advised Hillary.. 18 hr d pants 101

Columbus Jobs