First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#81 Jan 7, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
In normal bankruptcy hearings, the bondholding interest is considered before the pension interest. In the GM/Chrysler bankruptcy, the UAW controlled the pensions, and they served a more important political purpose than the bondholders.
Not to mention that the hearings were structured in a way to prevent the UAW contracts from being gutted, as famously happened in the airline and steel industry bankruptcies.
So?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#82 Jan 7, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
In normal bankruptcy hearings, the bondholding interest is considered before the pension interest. In the GM/Chrysler bankruptcy, the UAW controlled the pensions, and they served a more important political purpose than the bondholders.
Not to mention that the hearings were structured in a way to prevent the UAW contracts from being gutted, as famously happened in the airline and steel industry bankruptcies.
The unions took control of the pension funds to prevent gutting by the companies.That is all, folks.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#83 Jan 7, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
You know of "precedent", right "lawyer"???

Precdent was thrown out for electoral purposes
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#84 Jan 7, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
You know of "precedent", right "lawyer"???
Precdent was thrown out for electoral purposes
First, that's your opinion and there are many, many more people much more educated and intelligent on matters of the economy than you who disagree. Second, that is a misuse of the word precedent as it is used in the law. Third, it has nothing to do with R2D2's silly Fifth Amendment claim.
Duke for Mayor

New Albany, OH

#85 Jan 7, 2014
<quoted text>
First, that's your opinion and there are many, many more people much more educated and intelligent on matters of the economy than you who disagree. Second, that is a misuse of the word precedent as it is used in the law. Third, it has nothing to do with R2D2's silly Fifth Amendment claim.
Tired of you and your stupidity......

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86 Jan 7, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tired of you and your stupidity......
woof
She's sounding more & more like tranpsosition whose continual condescending claptrap has rendered her irrelevant to any discussion.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#87 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
She's sounding more & more like tranpsosition whose continual condescending claptrap has rendered her irrelevant to any discussion.
Is that you talking or God?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#88 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You have an odd way of hailing the greatness of capitalism.
FYI....capitalism is not purchasing a company that was bailed out of epic failure with taxpayer money to a foreign corporation for 35 cents on the dollar.

Chrysler should have been left alone, and the market determine their future.

Any lost jobs are directly related to epic failures by all employees at the company.

People like you refuse responsibility for your actions, so you define capitalism as purchasing at fire sale on the Federal Government steps a failed company propped up with taxpayer money so it has SOME value at all, so someone will bid and accept the future losses of the loser.

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#89 Jan 8, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI....capitalism is not purchasing a company that was bailed out of epic failure with taxpayer money to a foreign corporation for 35 cents on the dollar.
Chrysler should have been left alone, and the market determine their future.
Any lost jobs are directly related to epic failures by all employees at the company.
People like you refuse responsibility for your actions, so you define capitalism as purchasing at fire sale on the Federal Government steps a failed company propped up with taxpayer money so it has SOME value at all, so someone will bid and accept the future losses of the loser.
This is off subject, but where have you been?
Hope your holidays were good. Stay warm!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#90 Jan 8, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
This is off subject, but where have you been?
Hope your holidays were good. Stay warm!
yesterday it was 95 degrees for me, and I was warm.

this weather stinks.

Please order me some global warming.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#91 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
First, no they didn't. Second, that has nothing to do with the Fifth Amendment.
They gave some entities more money on the dollar than other entities (individuals). And I guess when you read the Fifth amendment, you missed the last three words.

Planet Earth

#92 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
by the way, I'd like to throw in the fourteenth amendment as well.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#93 Jan 8, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They gave some entities more money on the dollar than other entities (individuals). And I guess when you read the Fifth amendment, you missed the last three words.
That's what happens in bankruptcy court every day. What private property did the government take as its own? Read the two words before the last three. You are way out in left field on this one, R2.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#94 Jan 8, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way, I'd like to throw in the fourteenth amendment as well.
In what way do you think anyone's 14th amendment rights were violated?

Planet Earth

#95 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
That's what happens in bankruptcy court every day.
In a normal bankruptcy, everyone gets the same proportion.

What private property did the government take as its own?

It took part of my share, and gave it to someone else. Control is ownership, at least as long as the control exists.
Read the two words before the last three. You are way out in left field on this one, R2.
You strain to defend "the government" when it's clear that it is wrong. Since you're wrong about that, I don't give much credence to your opinions.

Planet Earth

#96 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
In what way do you think anyone's 14th amendment rights were violated?
Equal protection.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#97 Jan 8, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
In a normal bankruptcy, everyone gets the same proportion.
What private property did the government take as its own?
It took part of my share, and gave it to someone else. Control is ownership, at least as long as the control exists.
<quoted text>
You strain to defend "the government" when it's clear that it is wrong. Since you're wrong about that, I don't give much credence to your opinions.
You have an incredibly warped understanding of the law.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#98 Jan 8, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal protection.
Uh, no.

Planet Earth

#99 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You have an incredibly warped understanding of the law.
It's your twisting, not my understanding, that is warped. When a company goes bankrupt and its assets liquidated, the creditors are supposed to get a proportionate share of the proceeds. To do otherwise violates the equal protection clause.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#100 Jan 8, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your twisting, not my understanding, that is warped. When a company goes bankrupt and its assets liquidated, the creditors are supposed to get a proportionate share of the proceeds. To do otherwise violates the equal protection clause.
No, it most certainly doesn't. But I am willing to listen to your argument. Please explain how the Chrysler bankruptcy violates the equal protection clause. Of course, you will explain which standard you are applying, why that standard is the appropriate one for the situation, how the facts satisfy each prong of the standard, and case law to support each conclusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Cocker is dead. 17 min Duke for Mayor 9
End of Life on Earth 29 min Terrified 14
3 days 'tilwill Christmas is your turkey thawed? 56 min They cannot kill ... 14
The Middle East 1 hr hey now 3
convert to islam online and become a muslim 1 hr now hey 5
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Neutral Party 4,845
I found Mr Tea 4 hr Reality Speaks 13
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 7 hr Big Papa Tea 321
COPS lives MATTER 22 hr They cannot kill ... 48
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]