Congratulations, taxpayers...Chrysler...

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#21 Jan 5, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you haven't been paying much attention.
woof
And you haven't provided any examples. Notice that I said FEDERAL and that tax credits are not the same as writing a check.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#22 Jan 5, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an odd way of hailing the greatness of capitalism.
No, under real capitalism, GM and Chrysler would not have gotten a taxpayer funded bailout in the first place.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#23 Jan 5, 2014
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>My plan was for US bankruptcy court, where there was some protection.
At the very least creditors would have been treated proportionately.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#24 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Do the people who work for Chrysler, or those counting on the pensions they paid into for 30 years, care if Chrysler is now a foreign company? If it is so important that Chrysler be a domestic company, why didn't an American buy it?
The US Govt was a 6% owner in Chrysler and lost $1.3B in the sale to Fiat. Now expect to see millions more lost as jobs go out of the US.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/21/autos/chrysle...
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#25 Jan 6, 2014
What people should be concerned about the auto bailouts and other bailouts is that the govt is deciding who survives and who dies due to political affiliation.

How many companies could have used some help that didn't and went out of business? Whether it was because of the unions, political donations or lobbying the govt exceeded it power.

The third branch (Judicial) of govt should have handled the auto industry bankruptcy. Another example of the constitution not being followed by the current administration.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#26 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>As it is now subject to the vicissitudes of Italian and EU laws and regulations, not to mention the instability of the Eurozone economy, they should be terrified.
<quoted text>Even a moron could see a soon to be defunct company. Chrysler should have been allowed to die in 1979.
If Chrysler should already be dead and is now soon to be defunct, why are you butthurt about who owns it? I know, you just need something else to cry about.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#27 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>My plan was for US bankruptcy court, where there was some protection.
Against being purchased by Fiat?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#28 Jan 6, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, under real capitalism, GM and Chrysler would not have gotten a taxpayer funded bailout in the first place.
But that's not the subject, R2. The subject is an Italian company purchasing it.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#29 Jan 6, 2014
Fiat is never going to cease operations in the U.S., unless sales tank badly. The Chinese and Indians aren't going to buy these overpriced vehicles are they?

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#30 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Against being purchased by Fiat?
Against the $12 billion loss to the taxpayers.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#31 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
But that's not the subject, R2. The subject is an Italian company purchasing it.
The subject is the loss to the taxpayer.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#32 Jan 6, 2014
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
At the very least creditors would have been treated proportionately.
Layabout leftists like Che don't care...they've never experienced being a creditor in any way shape or form.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>Against the $12 billion loss to the taxpayers.
Oh. Whoever named the thread must not have know what he was talking about.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#34 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
If Chrysler should already be dead and is now soon to be defunct, why are you butthurt about who owns it? I know, you just need something else to cry about.
You state/imply Chrysler should be dead. Most others on here that disagree with you never wanted it to die. There is a processed call bankruptcy and that should have been followed. This would have saved the govt millions instead of subsidizing a foreign purchase.

Or do you just like to argue?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#35 Jan 6, 2014
Neutral Party wrote:
<quoted text>
You state/imply Chrysler should be dead. Most others on here that disagree with you never wanted it to die. There is a processed call bankruptcy and that should have been followed. This would have saved the govt millions instead of subsidizing a foreign purchase.
I didn't say Chrysler should be dead. Your pal Nate the Neoconservative did. Pay attention.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#36 Jan 6, 2014
Neutral Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrysler went through bankruptcy with government intervention. Probably saved us from a depression.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

#37 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>You seem to miss the part about $12 billion in government cash and the screwing of bondholders and pensioners. But knowing you, you probably think that's capitalism.
Oh, well your idea of "capitalism" must include the billions that are paid to Cheney's ahlliburthon and the other contractors making billions more than what's transferring betw government & Chrysler:

Contractors Reap $138 Billion from Iraq War, Cheney’s Halliburton #1 with $39.5 Billion

In News on April 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
http://leaksource.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/co...

The US has overwhelmingly borne the brunt of both the military and reconstruction costs, spending at least $138bn on private security, logistics and reconstruction contractors, who have supplied everything from diplomatic security to power plants and toilet paper.

An analysis by the Financial Times reveals the extent to which both American and foreign companies have profited from the conflict – with the top 10 contractors securing business worth at least $72bn between them.

None has benefited more than KBR, once known as Kellogg Brown and Root. The controversial former subsidiary of Halliburton, which was once run by Dick Cheney, vice-president to George W. Bush, was awarded at least $39.5bn in federal contracts related to the Iraq war over the past decade.

Two Kuwaiti companies – Agility Logistics and the state-owned Kuwait Petroleum Corporation – are the second and third-biggest winners, securing contracts worth $7.2bn and $6.3bn respectively.

The US hired more private companies in Iraq than in any previous war, and at times there were more contractors than military personnel on the ground.

“These numbers are staggering,” said Claire McCaskill, the Democratic senator who has led the charge to tighten contracting controls.

“In the last decade, we’ve seen billions in taxpayer money spent on services and projects that did little – sometimes nothing – to further our military mission,” she said.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Hilliard, OH

#38 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Chrysler went through bankruptcy with government intervention. Probably saved us from a depression.
You idiots and your depression lies. Chrysler's total company dollar value has been less than a single US aircraft carrier since the '90s. The only "depression" would have been when the UAW scum had to find jobs where drinking on drugging on the clock wasn't company policy.
Scheherazade

Columbus, OH

#39 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>You idiots and your depression lies. Chrysler's total company dollar value has been less than a single US aircraft carrier since the '90s. The only "depression" would have been when the UAW scum had to find jobs where drinking on drugging on the clock wasn't company policy.
Sure would be nice if you had factual information to support your theories. But of course, why let facts stand in the way of a good Republican personal insult???
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#40 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>You idiots and your depression lies. Chrysler's total company dollar value has been less than a single US aircraft carrier since the '90s. The only "depression" would have been when the UAW scum had to find jobs where drinking on drugging on the clock wasn't company policy.
Just a couple of weeks ago you were touting the brilliance of The Economist and now you are calling them liars. Imagine that.

"The Economist, one of the bastions of free-market thinking, came around to that view. Originally, it favored no government intervention. In April 2010, it offered an apology to President Obama.

"Given the panic that gripped private purse-strings," the magazine wrote in an editorial. "It is more likely that GM would have been liquidated, sending a cascade of destruction through the supply chain on which its rivals, too, depended."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White students disproportionately use Ohio scho... 6 min d pants 22
Should the GOP cut its loses? 6 min MarkJ- 1,015
Trump will win, wait and see just watch 50 min Duke for Mayor 3
News Teachers, students cope without air-conditionin... 59 min 404 not found 2
Huma done with Weiner 2 hr Free Pizza 4 U 7
No Life, But Topix. 3 hr justsayin 30
Hillary champions women? No thanks! 3 hr Orphan Annie 8
Colin Kaepernick continues to sit through US na... 3 hr Seriouslady 23

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web