Email Scam Targeting Bank Account Inf...

Email Scam Targeting Bank Account Information | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 17 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 2, 2011, titled Email Scam Targeting Bank Account Information | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

The Ohio Department of Commerce has started warning people about an email scam that tries to get personal financial information on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

LmP

Grove City, OH

#1 Aug 2, 2011
LOL if peolpe would just read half of the email they would realize its a scame, and 90% of the time something is misspelled in the email. That is a dead gove away. I received an email once saying it needed my Social because my "Tax Return has been accepted, but not yet field with the IRS." I mean common people if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. If it sounds terrifying, dont give them anything over the internet! Common sense goes a LONG way!

Since: Jul 10

Lewis Center, OH

#2 Aug 2, 2011
I gave them my bank account number and SSN and they sent me $1,400,000. I thought it was good.
Cheese

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 2, 2011
Cheese sandwiches attacked my closet last night.... I found melted cheese on my broomstick handle.... I ate the chese. then I turned violently red and then my garage door.... HELP put an end to cheese sandwiches...
SoonerOrLater

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 2, 2011
Trust nobody! When the waiter takes your bank card to charge your meal, are you certain he's doing just that; that is-just swiping it to pay for your meal? Perhaps, he's visiting Amazon.com or...? Did you ever ask yourself,"What's taking him so long to return it?" You are going to be had sooner or later.
Moe

Delaware, OH

#5 Aug 3, 2011
Not this again.
david

Delaware, OH

#6 Aug 3, 2011
LmP wrote:
LOL if peolpe would just read half of the email they would realize its a scame, and 90% of the time something is misspelled in the email. That is a dead gove away. I received an email once saying it needed my Social because my "Tax Return has been accepted, but not yet field with the IRS." I mean common people if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is. If it sounds terrifying, dont give them anything over the internet! Common sense goes a LONG way!
Yeah there are lots of scames out there that's for sure. I've even heard of people getting scammed too.
Joe Mama

New York, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2011
LmP wrote:
LOL if peolpe would just read half of the email they would realize its a scame, and 90% of the time something is misspelled in the email. That is a dead gove away.
Wow.. I bet you'd be good at writing them then..
fred

Delaware, OH

#8 Aug 3, 2011
NOT THE DINOSAURS AGAIN. 10TV get's a penny for everyone who clicks on the ad so they force you to click it out of the way. I doubt the advertiser knows that one really isn't clicking on it because they are interested.
Randy Savage

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Aug 3, 2011
This scam has been around for years its nothing new. Must be a slow news day.
Mike

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Aug 3, 2011
LmP wrote:
OMG...LmP...where did you learn to spell? Or in this case...NOT SPELL!! WOW!!
Truth in Advertising

Bethesda, MD

#11 Aug 3, 2011
It's a scam? Man, next you'll be telling me that there really isn't a Nigerian prince trying to sell me shares in his diamond mine.
Really

Pickerington, OH

#12 Aug 3, 2011
There's always someone trying to get into our pockets. Same old song and dance.
BALTIMORE

Millersport, OH

#13 Aug 3, 2011
i got that email i was smart enoght to delet it
It is you not me

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 3, 2011
If these people really want what's in my bank account, then fine. Just don't be surprised to find nothing in it. Suckers.
rondale

Columbus, OH

#15 Aug 3, 2011
hello who is doing this they need to stop because that is jail times
carboost

Wilmington, OH

#16 Aug 3, 2011
Oh great, so I guess the penis enlargement pills are fake too. What a week......
Hecheatedonmedot com

United States

#17 Aug 4, 2011
If you think He/She Cheating Order New Mobile Spy App at Hecheatedonme.com Listen to All His/Her Calls Read ALL Texts Even deleted ones Download it instantly to YOUR PHONE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men in the Girls Bathroom 13 min U Kno 329
Federal lands in America 17 min Duke for Mayor 28
State Department Hillary Email Smokescreen-CYA. 20 min Male 5
SCOTUS ruling in AHCA 1 hr Big Johnson 63
News Ward system reduces representation 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Drumpf: Narcissistic Welfare King 1 hr Duke for Mayor 11
News City manager fired in parking bureau timecard p... 2 hr Contrarian 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages