12 local schools on state's 'worst' list | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Twelve central Ohio schools are listed among the worst 5 percent in the state. They include six Columbus City Schools: Linden-McKinley, West and Welcome Center high schools Champion and Southmoor middle schools Weinland Park Elementary Charter schools The six other central Ohio schools in the list of the state's worst are charters: Newark: Newark ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 22 of22
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sam

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

I lay the blame squarely on the administrations. Many want and do blame the teachers but who hires the teachers? Who is responsible for managing the money for the schools? The administration.
Taking a hard look at the administrations, all of them not just CPS, and demanding that they live up to the jobs they've been given, i.e. hiring competent teachers and providing the students with a decent learning environment, will go a long way toward improving the schools and helping the kids to learn and improve themselves.
As far as parents go, there has to be much more participation but how to make that happen is beyond me. There are too many parents that view school as daycare only and view their children as accouterments or even nuisances and that has to stop.
Julie

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Thomas Paine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for revealing the most powerful myth in urban education. Placing a high value on education is not something exclusively held by middle class and wealthy parents. Take five minutes and educate yourself. Read Annette LaReau Home Advantage or Unequal Childhoods to educate yourself. But I'm guessing that instead of placing a high value on educating yourself it is easier for you to just complain and repeat themes that make you feel better about yourself.
Maybe instead of just reading books to attempt to educate yourself on something you know nothing about, try working in one of the bottom 5% inner-city schools to see how much education is/ isn't valued. There's no sense of pride in oneself or for the institution of education. Until you've worked on the front lines, why don't you keep your nose in a book and your comments to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 22 of22
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Firemen 6 min Rufas 1
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 min Old Guy 28,556
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Seriouslady 2,723
Will Obama Resign From Office? 1 hr Go Blue Forever 579
When will Obama be Arrested???? 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 42
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 2 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 5
'Annie's Law' pushed to prevent DUIs 2 hr d pantz 6
•••
•••