Nancy Pelosi's "Sacred Ground"

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 13, 2013
She meant to say "sacrilegious ground."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...

Pelosi: Role of government is 'fulfillment'

by Stephen Dinan

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that one of government’s functions is to help Americans achieve “fulfillment.”

Making a pitch for Congress to pass bills keeping government subsidies in student loans and to pass legislation bolstering federal support for jobs, Mrs Pelosi said there is a fundamental difference between the approach her party brings to legislating.

“To some of us the role of government is about doing things for the American people to help them reach fulfillment,” the California Democrat said.

She said while Democrats are pushing for spending to boost jobs, Republicans this week passed a bill through committee that would restrict abortions beyond 20 weeks in a pregnancy.

“For them to decide to disrespect a judgment a woman makes about her reproductive health is reprehensible,” she said.

She got into a heated back-and-forth with reporter John McCormack from the Weekly Standard, who asked her what the difference was between aborting a 28-week-old fetus and the Philadelphia abortionist who was convicted after he killed children born alive from botched abortions.

Mrs. Pelosi said as a practicing Catholic she takes abortion issues very seriously and bristled at the question, chastising the questioner and saying she thought he had an agenda.

“This is sacred ground to me,” Mrs. Pelosi said.

Afterward Mr. McCormack told reporters he felt Mrs. Pelosi “mocked me” for his question, and said he was surprised when reporters laughed after Mrs. Pelosi said he appeared to be “savoring” asking the question.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#2 Jun 13, 2013
-tip- wrote:
She meant to say "sacrilegious ground."
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...
Pelosi: Role of government is 'fulfillment'
by Stephen Dinan
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that one of government’s functions is to help Americans achieve “fulfillment.”
Making a pitch for Congress to pass bills keeping government subsidies in student loans and to pass legislation bolstering federal support for jobs, Mrs Pelosi said there is a fundamental difference between the approach her party brings to legislating.
“To some of us the role of government is about doing things for the American people to help them reach fulfillment,” the California Democrat said.
She said while Democrats are pushing for spending to boost jobs, Republicans this week passed a bill through committee that would restrict abortions beyond 20 weeks in a pregnancy.
“For them to decide to disrespect a judgment a woman makes about her reproductive health is reprehensible,” she said.
She got into a heated back-and-forth with reporter John McCormack from the Weekly Standard, who asked her what the difference was between aborting a 28-week-old fetus and the Philadelphia abortionist who was convicted after he killed children born alive from botched abortions.
Mrs. Pelosi said as a practicing Catholic she takes abortion issues very seriously and bristled at the question, chastising the questioner and saying she thought he had an agenda.
“This is sacred ground to me,” Mrs. Pelosi said.
Afterward Mr. McCormack told reporters he felt Mrs. Pelosi “mocked me” for his question, and said he was surprised when reporters laughed after Mrs. Pelosi said he appeared to be “savoring” asking the question.
If only Nancy's mom had used that bent rusty coat hanger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotty Walker: Sarah Palin Version 2.0 9 min They cannot kill ... 2
Chickens Coming Home To Roost: Rev. Wright’s Da... 18 min They cannot kill ... 34
Scarves scattered around Goodale Park are there... 22 min Duke for Mayor 5
carlos hyde 27 min curious 1
LOL Former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland to run for... 43 min Duke for Mayor 25
Every state has ISIS recruits 52 min Duke for Mayor 110
Who is horny 1 hr Duke for Mayor 3
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 8 hr d pantz 5,758
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance